Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Some scarily intense colours on the radar heading into South Devon!

Apparently the Isles of Scilly has had 15mm of rain already, and 17mm in South West Cornwall.

Edited by Joe Levy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Morning all

Moderate to heavy rain here

Gusty occasionally

Moderate but strengthening winds

Stay safe guys, i shall keep you posted as much as i can through today/tonight's storm

Stats

994.0mb (falling 3.2mb/hr)

Gust last hour 19.4mph

Rainfall 2.2m (so fat today)

Temp 4.9c

Windchill 4.2c

Humidity 92%

http://driftwoodbeachbar.com/webcam/   (sandown seafront)

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-4.96,40.70,1837

morning cyclonic. I think its going to be an interesting evening/night for us islanders. Wroxall weather has given us force 12 gust for most of the night with sustained winds of f8 to f10. Ive only got two roof tiles missing but I reckon that could increase over night !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Morning all. It's pretty windy for me already and been raining for a while. Not enjoying it already and this is nothing!

Posted

Rain getting heavier here, gusts are really starting to pick up now. Does anybody know when the most intense period of wind is going to be today in South Devon and Dartmoor? Have a few things I've to sort, do I do it earlier or later? Thanks guys, take care.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Does anybody know when the most intense period of wind is going to be today in South Devon and Dartmoor?

Roughly speaking, 15:00 - 00:00

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Morning Island Lad

Yeah i think it will will quite interesting later.

There have been many closures on coastal paths this morning as they are quite unsafe and today will just add to the problem.

Rain i think is going to be the main issue as quite a deluge to come, winds however i think may not be so bad, Storm Ulla  is getting every bit closer to our shores as we speak, in a way im hoping she will loose intensity and it wont be so bad.

If she dont loose intensity then it will be a rough evening/night

My house is already damaged quite a bit from flooding, shed tilting and being held up by the wall, (contents of shed still in there too), Damage to the extension on the house, and umpteen leaks last few weeks, the builders have been in and done a temp job, only today will be the tester..

Stay safe guys, dont venture where necessary and stay away from seafronts..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Just wanted to wish you all a safe weekend from under a very whitewashed like sky (but as yet no rain or wind) in the East Midlands.

Totally fed up with this weather pattern now however interesting it may be, it has run it's course!

Is there any snow falling around your area or is it all rain / sleet?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Just wanted to wish you all a safe weekend from under a very whitewashed like sky (but as yet no rain or wind) in the East Midlands. Totally fed up with this weather pattern now however interesting it may be, it has run it's course! Is there any snow falling around your area or is it all rain / sleet?

Yes sleet with wet snow flakes when I left for work at roughly 650ft then traveled to work in stow on the wold which is at 800ft thinking it would be snow but ppn is much much lighter so sleet ! If it gets heavier it should turn .

Posted

Is there any snow falling around your area or is it all rain / sleet?

If you want rain you've come to the right regional thread.Posted Image 

We'll send some on to you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Keep getting some rather strong gusts. Only raining a little bit though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Some extraordinarily intense colours on the radar over the Channel Islands! Potentially someone in Southern England is going to notice those later...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Some extraordinarily intense colours on the radar over the Channel Islands! Potentially someone in Southern England is going to notice those later...

Watching with interest, Joe!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Not often you see a Met Office warning map as chaotic as this;

post-12721-0-24357200-1392375185_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Let's hope it is the end - just been reading Corbyn's latest blog - and he's been fairly spot on regarding his storm predictions - he's openly saying we ain't finished with the storms yet - I hope he's wrong - but something tells me he ain't!

I think it is fairly predictable that zonality itself will stay, but the ferociousness of these systems will now be confined to the history books at least for many weeks.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It's been pretty intense rain here for last hour and a half. Just got back from school run and the roads are like rivers. This is a very wet one indeed i think if it keeps up. Anchors away...

Anchors away, indeed. That is a true Cornish saying if I've ever heard one. Posted Image

Posted

Just a bit of drizzle now hardly any wind!!

Don't worry it's coming, AWD and Knocker won't far out with their predictions I'm sure.

• Like 1

Posted

I would say the drizzle is due to the warm sector, which is a period between Fronts. In fact it was forecast to get up to 13c in areas such as London, not that we care about things such as that.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

When will it turn milder then? The max so far today was 4.0c around 07.30 since when it has dropped back and sat around the current 3.4c with some wet snowflakes among the heavier pulses of precipitation - that's 4 days in a row with wintry precipitation, whatever is happening? Lol !

Posted

Very similar as yesterday here today just showers and a bit of a breeze, going by tv forecasts i was expecting something similar to Wednesday or possibly worse, Are things supposed to pep up later?

Posted

Don't worry it's coming, AWD and Knocker won't far out with their predictions I'm sure.

My daughter has a school disco tonight wonder if I can be a nice mummy and venture out for a walk to school!!!