Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Just got extremely windy all of sudden! Not letting up either

Posted

Started to rain

Posted

Just got extremely windy all of sudden! Not letting up either

I think the southern end of the squall line that just hit us will be hitting you  (it's further back West on its southern flank). You might get some hail if you're lucky Posted Image

Edited by kumquat

Posted

I'm off to bed I give up if I see some on ground in morning its a first this winter but looks like most skirting the channel and going into south west mids/ Gloucester way. Posted Image

Its all now forecast anyway with your hight, I would think your in a good spot.

Posted

I think the southern end of the squall line that just hit us will be hitting you  (it's further back West on its southern flank). You might get some hail if you're lucky Posted Image

Ohhh okay. It hit so suddenly, scared the life out of me. You don't think there would still be any risk of tornados now do you even though the warning expired at 9pm? I'm paranoid :/

Posted

I still have a few speckles of white on the lawn 20 minutes later - this is incredible!

Seriously, though, difficult to even have fun when you see the crap that's gone down with this winter weather - been pretty lucky here considering. Gonna go down in history for all the wrong reasons!

Posted

Ohhh okay. It hit so suddenly, scared the life out of me. You don't think there would still be any risk of tornados now do you even though the warning expired at 9pm? I'm paranoid :/

I would think that was highly unlikely tonight! If I was you I'd sleep easy and see what the new day brings. Things should be relatively benign until Friday when things will start to kick off again.

• Like 1

Posted

Wet slushy snow here at 60m asl - had everything today!

Let's just say the fatter flakes are wet snow and the thinner flakes are...rain...

We'll call that sleet, then!

Edited by kumquat

Posted

Crazy hail storm just now total white out, has turned to rain now.

It must of moved towards you because it's calmed down again here. We didn't have any rail. More rainclouds are coming in our direction though!Hail*

I would think that was highly unlikely tonight! If I was you I'd sleep easy and see what the new day brings. Things should be relatively benign until Friday when things will start to kick off again.

Thanks you've gave me some peace of mind. I see the winds pick up and I always start panicking and get quite bad anxiety.. Dry mouth, shakes, nausea. Anyway! Sleeping for now isn't working but I'm aiming to before more rain hits

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Nothing over night but big showers heading west on radar probably hit bristol area 8.40 ish.il be at work ny then so if it snows ill miss it :-/

Posted

Nothing over night but big showers heading west on radar probably hit bristol area 8.40 ish.il be at work ny then so if it snows ill miss it :-/

It's been snowing this morning in SE Wales, according to the Wales regional thread.

Icy deposits, wet snow on cars, parked at bottom of Glos rd, central Bristol, this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Woke up several times in the night to see blizzard conditions , really heavy snow , but melting between showers , so a covering on cars and grassy areas only.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Mixture or rain and large snow flakes here falling together, mainly rain!

Posted

Gone black here in Central Bristol - radar says there's something nasty coming in from Bristol channel - will it be snow or rain?

Edit: It's rain....surprise, surprise!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Woke up to a green lawn rather than a white lawn as alured to by David braine. Always the way when they predict snow it never happens. We move on. So what's coming next? Oh that's right another storm.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Gone black here in Central Bristol - radar says there's something nasty coming in from Bristol channel - will it be snow or rain?Edit: It's rain....surprise, surprise!

At work in bristol just started to rain but just text from back hone saying its snowing :-((((( Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Snow a the Uni in Bath - just bumped into my HoD as I was gawping at it. He thought I was waiting for a delivery... How do you explain 'just so excited to see snow!'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Woke up to a green lawn rather than a white lawn as alured to by David braine. Always the way when they predict snow it never happens. We move on. So what's coming next? Oh that's right another storm.

The missus just called to tell me there was heavy snow in Princetown....
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

HOLY COW!!!…..it's SNOWING.Posted Image  First Snow of this Winter……Going to get my Ski's out to emulate the Winter Olympics!!!!!!Posted Image

• Like 4