Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any

Any idea on a number? Only we have had a call in Southampton and used 1471. However when you call the number it doesn't exist!

What some sick people will think of... "reports from Hampshire Constabulary that people in Portsmouth are receving hoax calls from a man claiming to be from a flood helpline -and urging them to leave their homes." http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11011312.Flood_chaos__becomes_a_risk_to_life_/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Flipping heck, that was one hell of a gust, my god sounded like a freight train hurtling down my road

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Am with you on that..where the hell is the red warning? This is no flipping amber warning...jeez it is sustained now...flipping heck...here it is again. getting worse.

I'm not even in an amber warning here.. It's ridiculous!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Am with you on that..where the hell is the red warning? This is no flipping amber warning...jeez it is sustained now...flipping heck...here it is again. getting worse.

The red warning will come when it hits the south east!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Posted

It's just getting louder and louder :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Just feels that the most intense winds here have passed. Still blowing a hoolie but those strong and sustained gusts are waning now. There is hope!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

I'm seriously feeling like it's worse inland for you lot.

I'm in a caravan and it's only shaking a little bit and I would know it if was extremely bad. It sounds terrible for all of you.

Just checked my maps and it looks like there's some big rainclouds heading my way so there's still a chance of worse wind. Wind speed is still only 41mph with 61 gusts though.. Pretty lucky so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

http://driftwoodbeachbar.com/webcam/

Not high tide till another 2 hours approx, and this is quite a LOW section of the beach which is 0.5 mile from me

Getting very bad out there now, reports coming in from all over the island

St Clare Vessel is now underway

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Being on Portland I can say this should be a red warning !

I'm right next to the beach and it's bloody scary out there

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

just heard a massive crash outside (sounded a little far away) and it is rushing past like a train outside

Being on Portland I can say this should be a red warning !I'm right next to the beach and it's bloody scary out there

absolutely...metoffice come on sort it out. this isn't AMBER...ooh lights are going again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

The red warning will come when it hits the south east!!!!!!!!!

Hey lol I'm southeast and it's not worth an amber warning at the mo , I may eat my words later though .Hope you guys are all ok x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

just heard a massive crash outside (sounded a little far away) and it is rushing past like a train outside

absolutely...metoffice come on sort it out. this isn't AMBER...ooh lights are going again

I'd be interested to know what strength the wind has to be to get certain warnings.  We have had gusts 65-70mph and we are in a yellow be aware warning.

• Like 2

Posted

Lights are flickering here now.

Posted

just heard a massive crash outside (sounded a little far away) and it is rushing past like a train outsideabsolutely...metoffice come on sort it out. this isn't AMBER...ooh lights are going again

Does it matter - probably not worthy of a red anyway, but if you haven't noticed it is windy how is a Met Office warning going to help ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Any idea on a number? Only we have had a call in Southampton and used 1471. However when you call the number it doesn't exist!

No idea, just repeating what was in the Daily Echo in case it happened to anyone on here - presumably they will burgle your house when you evacuate.

I would seriously call the Police if you think you've had one of these scam calls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hey lol I'm southeast and it's not worth an amber warning at the mo , I may eat my words later though .Hope you guys are all ok x

probably hasn't got to you yet and am wondering if it is stuck. Seriously never heard winds this bad so far in. it will be a mess out there tomorrow. I have a friend who has just left her yard after tending to her very frightened horses.. tree came down and hit a power line so she is having probs getting home, I told her to leave ages ago..hope she gets home ok

Posted

Just driven home and certainly plenty of flooding and damage about but no major trees down here. This is NOTHING like 1990 and 1987 where swathes of trees were felled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

My local station still reporting max gust of 47mph at 19:09. No WAY that's right....

Edit: Daily Echo is reporting 65mph in Southampton. That's more like it.

Edited by katemart

Posted

Looking at the observations it's definitely not strong enough for a red warning IMO, they are quite rare and for the strongest events we have, this although a notable storm (i.e amber be prepared) is nowhere near the strongest we can get (what would they issue then if they did red now)

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ Not near what NW Wales and parts of Ireland had on Wednesday

Pretty windy here at uni but did have windier in October and perhaps other times like at Christmas when not here, also very windy at home (1mph short of the record on the 4th feb), though some other stations around home and Exeter Airport have had the strongest gusts this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

This probably explains why I'm not feeling much right now.

Once them clouds come back round to me though...

(I'm where the yellow dot is)

post-21925-0-36092200-1392415626_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

At least 70mph gusts here right now. Very strong gusts at times. Nearly got blown off my feet a short while ago! I have never experienced that before!