Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter

Blowing like hell at the moment trees looking like they will snap, massive flooding on the lanes around Throwleigh, reduced to just one route out, considering we are 837 feet above sea level it makes you think where all that waters heading.Unbelievable

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Two trees and a wall down in Taunton this afternoon.

One of my fence panels has gone .......not fun ..........

Rain in squally showers , not brilliant ...........

Stay safe everyone .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Winds defo calming down but the every so often gusts still have some power in them.

Once the next round of rain comes, so will more higher winds probably. Usually the way for me. Grr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Had an interesting walk with the dogs across the fields.  I was doing my Kenny from Southpark impression with my hood and I thought my spaniel was going to take off as his ears were flapping so wildly!  I reckon I managed to throw the dog's ball some record distances though Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I don't understand why there isn't a more widespread amber warning for wind across the region.

The current gusts are already starting to bring down trees and power lines and it's still to peak.

• Like 3

Posted

Had an interesting walk with the dogs across the fields.  I was doing my Kenny from Southpark impression with my hood and I thought my spaniel was going to take off as his ears were flapping so wildly!  I reckon I managed to throw the dog's ball some record distances though Posted Image

im going to Shaftesbury tomorrow to meet somebody who lives a good way west of Sherborne are the roads bad out that way do you know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I don't understand why there isn't a more widespread amber warning for wind across the region.The current gusts are already starting to bring down trees and power lines and it's still to peak.

Agreed there, can't get a proper wind reading on my station because of houses but it sounds louder than Wednesday here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Winds have really picked up again. Just had a walk to the shop and was fighting against it.

Temperature has dropped to 11 and pressure still dropping.

I'm still hoping it'll magically calm down as the night goes on. If only...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Quay Road in Lymington being evacuated and sandbagged by fire crews. A36 closed at Ower. 150 passengers stranded at New Milton station when Weymouth - Waterloo train unable to proceed past Sway.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

im going to Shaftesbury tomorrow to meet somebody who lives a good way west of Sherborne are the roads bad out that way do you know

As far as I know the roads in this area are ok, we haven't had a huge amount of rain today, just wind is the main problem. Obviously around the levels there are massive problems. If you have twitter, follow traffic south-west, great for updates on all travel problems. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Most dramatic lecture ever! The windows, which were locked, were forced open by the wind several times and the building was vibrating. This is at the university on a South-West facing slope about 100ft up, so not entirely surprising given the conditions out there. My walk home was nerve racking as the trees were violently swaying and creaking.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

That was an interesting drive home across the moors.... The river dart was level with the road.... Normally the part near Ashburton well below the road. In glad that I left work early now!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor
  • Like 2

Posted

Living in a flat is scary when the wind is this strong the whole place makes creeking sounds and the floor feels like it's moving in strong gusts! 

• Like 2

Posted

Already gusting at about 50mph here, it's quite wild out there to say the least. Struggled to stand up on the way to the shops. Already lost another fence panel in one gust. It's clearly going to get worse, so will quite easily be the worst this city has experienced this year IMO. So those saying this is a non-event are very misguided. it may be for their location, but this weather system will bring clear damage to the region.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I don't understand why there isn't a more widespread amber warning for wind across the region.The current gusts are already starting to bring down trees and power lines and it's still to peak.

My thoughts to AWD , dont know what the gusts are here but im top of south facing hill and its blowing a hooly for sure , at a guess id say 55-60 gusts.

Posted

Already gusting at about 50mph here, it's quite wild out there to say the least. Struggled to stand up on the way to the shops. Already lost another fence panel in one gust. It's clearly going to get worse, so will quite easily be the worst this city has experienced this year IMO. So those saying this is a non-event are very misguided. it may be for their location, but this weather system will bring clear damage to the region.

Yeah getting wild here too.

Posted

Interesting-ish radar echo heading towards Reading or just to the west.

Quite windy up here at uni but not like at home, some stations around home (east Devon) have recorded the highest gusts this winter.. a vantage vue near home somehow had 70mph apparently!  Only 50mph on my station and we had higher on the 4th with a SSE wind as we seem to get that direction stronger than S or SSW for some reason.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Hi Guys,

Just had a gust of 41 mph, barometer saying 976.9 this is dropping steadily but not too much. Wind is quite gusty, but not constant though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

gawd it has gone nuts out there...just got home after travelling from Reading and biblical amounts of rain....just checked the local station at thatcham and wind gust of 70mph recorded....about ten mins ago. not surprised!...another squall line coming :(

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

gawd it has gone nuts out there...just got home after travelling from Reading and biblical amounts of rain....just checked the local station at thatcham and wind gust of 70mph recorded....about ten mins ago. not surprised!...another squall line coming Posted Image

Hi PB, I had a gust of 43mph which is no mean feat for my exposure as I'm sheltered by a wood to my South and Southwest, It sure is wild out there, especially around the squalls and I think that's when people will notice the worst of the winds. Off to babysit for a couple of Valentiners so won't be reporting for now but enjoy the ride folks but please STAY SAFE.

• Like 2