Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted

I stand corrected about if it would turn milder! 10.2c now and feeling rather balmy when I was in and out doing jobs between the showers - radar showing some intense squally showers racing NNE across Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire now and the wind is cranking up here as is the rain again too.

16mm in my gauge today, Feb now at 141mm!! Well on course for my prediction 2 weeks ago of recording my wettest ever Feb to go along with wettest ever Dec and Jan!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

If i were you i`d be looking to stay somewhere else i.e house with relative to stay. Keep safe.

No one in mine takes it seriously enough. Just all the "we'll be fine" speeches.I'm trying to tell them this is only the start and it'll be way worse but I suppose they'll just have to witness it.We have a house next to us for a quick escape but other than that no option but to stay! Great

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Guys I'm pretty concerned. Was just walking outside my place and the wind is already starting to push me. It feels on par/slightly worse than Wednesday already. It's gonna be so bad tonight I'm really really scared.

No need to be scared it really isn't that bad it is just a deep low not a hurricane, although if you live in a greenhouse or you have a 40 foot Leylandii with a shallow root system on the south western side over hanging your house, then id be nervous. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

9.7c here, a threatening sky, a recent gust of 35mph which isn't bad for my sheltered location, here come the first of many squalls. 979.3mb and falling rapidly barometer trend, down from 999.6mb at 0:31 hours this morning.

• Like 2

Posted

Just went for a walk, but it was brief, as the wind and driving rain made it hard to walk in a straight line! Everybody I passed was walking like a drunk Posted Image

It has been a narrow band for several days now - it has barely changed size. However, the amber warning for rain has gone, which makes it easier to see the wind warning

Ah ok thanks..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

No one in mine takes it seriously enough.Just all the "we'll be fine" speeches.I'm trying to tell them this is only the start and it'll be way worse but I suppose they'll just have to witness it.We have a house next to us for a quick escape but other than that no option but to stay! Great

Hi there  I have the same problem with my kids and hubby, they never take anything I say seriously, all be it bad rain, snow, wind they never listen.  One day they will say you were right.  Trouble is unless your specific area does get hit bad they will not listen until that day, all said I find nothing ever gets that bad for Bristol.  Probably why the family always poo poo what I say.  You stay safe, will be thinking of you.  PS: others who come on here get slated by their families for over exaggerating too. LOL

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

wind speed of 45mph, gusting to 66mph. I'm trying to convince my spaniel that he really doesn't want his afternoon walk but he isn't listening.  my old lab doesn't care either way.

• Like 6

Posted

Hi there I have the same problem with my kids and hubby, they never take anything I say seriously, all be it bad rain, snow, wind they never listen. One day they will say you were right. Trouble is unless your specific area does get hit bad they will not listen until that day, all said I find nothing ever gets that bad for Bristol. Probably why the family always poo poo what I say. You stay safe, will be thinking of you. PS: others who come on here get slated by their families for over exaggerating too. LOL

Thank you! You stay safe too.That's the one thing that annoys me, people always think I'm over exaggerating. At least we all understand the risks Also.. I checked my phone app AccuWeather and it's saying that gusts are already 65mph. As the storm will intensify can any of you tell me if it could get much worse than this? I know were preparing for up to 80 but would 100 be likely at all? We are tucked away behind wales slightly so I know that takes away some of the intensity. Just curious! Edited by SDM.13
  • Like 1

Posted

Gusts now starting to Hit 58mph now in Poole, alot worse to come yet though! Pressure now at 978.9 dropping 1.2 an hour, also 2.6 inches of rain has fallen according to the Bournemouth Weather Station

Edited by Rapodo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Thank you! You stay safe too.That's the one thing that annoys me, people always think I'm over exaggerating. At least we all understand the risksAlso.. I checked my phone app AccuWeather and it's saying that gusts are already 65mph. As the storm will intensify can any of you tell me if it could get much worse than this? I know were preparing for up to 80 but would 100 be likely at all? We are tucked away behind wales slightly so I know that takes away some of the intensity. Just curious!

I know what you mean.  We will prove them wrong one day wont we.  I can say that it is going to get worse tonight, but no 100 mph winds will happen.  I am just watching my weather station and the pressure is staying steady at 980.4, the wind had dropped in the last hour too.  I do know where you are, but I am sure it is still very blowy as you are on the coast anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Pressure's 978 here and so far we've had 20mm since 09.00.  Seems as though we are between the lines of heavy showers at the moment now that the wind's in the south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Had a nice lull for a couple of hours and it hasn't rained for a while either. Wind is picking up with the biggest gust of the day of 37.3mph at 15:44. 981mb and falling rapidly. 10.6C. 23.3mm rain so far. 135.2mm for the month.

Edited by katemart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

The Environment Agency has issued a Severe Flood Warning for Lymington.this evening. They expect waves to overtop the harbour walls at high tide :-(

Edited by katemart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Well that was an interesting walk back from school run this afternoon. Usually takes 20 mins to walk the 2 miles it took us half an hour!! walking into the wind all the way home. The kids were a bit scared having to walk past lots of trees and the idiots in their cars all trying to get home quickly! Im glad its half term now, a week to recover from all the walking in this miserable weather. Be safe one and all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Finished work at 1:30 today and already glad I'm indoors with a cup of tea .

Even here in Truro the winds are picking up and I'm in a sheltered part of the town.

On my way home I seen all our rivers bursting there banks and flooding fields around them and all these rivers running into tidel areas.

Going to be a big tide people and with that wind pushing the tide up against the floodwaters it's going to add to the problems from this mornings rain.

Stay safe people keep your updates coming .

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

To be honest it looks like downhill again later next week after brief respite on Wednesday.

Original chart on the left showed much improvement but the huge azores High migrates westward again toward Gulf Mexico direction allowing the same patter we have had last 3 months to continue.

Wind will be less but Monday Rain then later next week more rain but the look of it and windy but not exceptional.

Things can change but thats how it looks on current runs.

post-13809-0-14768500-1392395503_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

29.4mm of rain, no showers since the frontal rain. 

Warm outside?! :o

Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Well that was a fairly intense shower that passed through Bournemouth around 4ish, roads were just a huge puddle.

Arrive home in time to see the back edge of the shower throw some wet snow for all of 30seconds, yes it was wet snow, very large wet flakes.

Posted

Got blue sky coming through right now.. Shocking!

Will probably be short-lived but I'm happy non the less.

Apparently it's 12 degrees here.. I thought it was unusually warm.

Weird!

• Like 1