Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Winds starting to become gusty now but more notably, it feels rather raw out there.

Posted

My daughter normally goes to Youth club on Friday evenings but it is 4 miles from here. Shes currently in her room sulking (inset day) as I told her it was unlikely she is going tonight as I won't risk our lives.  Hopefully one day she will realise I'm not evil but looking out for her welfare!

Sorry but i side with your daughter on this one, banning Youth Club on Valentines Day is tantamount to Child Imprisonment!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

17.4mm of rain so far today

Winds are increasing

Max gust so far last hour is 23.1mph

It is going to get worse as the day continues.

Back yard already flooded and about 2 cm from coming in through kitchen  Posted Image

Kitchen has a leak in the join to the extension, however only dripping at the moment...

The shed leaning precariously to the one side. (if it stay up in the strong winds tonight i shall be surprised lol) Posted Image

Dog absolutely refusing to go out (so threw a doggie chew bone into back yard, she soon ran after)  Posted Image (forgot to mention now she looks like she has had a bath lol)

Sea state is rough -   http://driftwoodbeachbar.com/webcam/

High tide was 2 hours ago, high tide tonight is at 2333 height of  (3.90m)

Getting increasingly windier -  http://www.camscape.com/view/33889

Stay safe guys

Reports coming in of road closures on IOW

Binstead from going to Newport roads are to dangerous, roads are flooded also at Havenstreet

Totland Broadway flooded! Both ends, Granville Cross and War Memorial. Also Madeira Rd.

Weston Rd, junction of Broadway, also flooded! Lower Madeira Rd could now be dangerous to walk in, as the fast flowing flood water could sweep a person off their feet!!

bottom of east cowes road/ alvestone road flooded

floods down quarr hill and the sloop car park

Hovercraft is now suspended

Blackwater A3056 between Newport and Merstone is really bad, fields bursting again and water covering half of the road, few bad spots on Merstone Lane and Blackwater Hollow from Rookley has a few very bad points on a few of the corners

morton brook looking close to flooding now

Carisbrooke road by the ford and doctors is starting to floods, water coming out the drains!

St Georges Way is starting or pretty much flooded

For anyone living on the IOW, please check local radio for diverts and plese dont travel unless absolute necessary

And apart from all that, everything is fine. Stay safe and I wish you all the best, you're better off indoors that's for sure even if it might not feel like it.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Sorry but i side with your daughter on this one, banning Youth Club on Valentines Day is tantamount to Child Imprisonment!!!

Hopefully the staff will do the decent thing and take the pressure off the parents. I remember these dilemmas well. I remember sitting in the car park of the police training headquarters at Hamble with two children waiting for a Cub Scout event when that thunder snow struck a few years ago! Pretty scary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

I sure am going nowhere, and staying where there is coffee (hoping electric stays on) and comfort of a warm house, with the odd leaks lol

Will keep you posted guys

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

We're here for you in spirit, Cyclonic, and with everybody who is suffering real misery this terrible winter. Let's hope we get the summer we deserve to make up for it.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Worth noting that the strongest gusts aren't forecast until after dark, so wind wise, the worse is still to come;

post-12721-0-39742600-1392385000_thumb.jpost-12721-0-70922200-1392385006_thumb.jpost-12721-0-83986600-1392385013_thumb.jpost-12721-0-36528000-1392385025_thumb.jpost-12721-0-25821200-1392385035_thumb.j

I would expect gusts in exposed areas to be locally higher than shown above too.

Rainfall should turn more convective and showery through the afternoon and into the evening now.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I hope Mapantz doesn't mind I think his post from the Atlantic storm thread shows up the developing situation very well, take care out there.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79420-severe-atlantic-storms-february-2014/?p=2930874

Worth noting that the strongest gusts aren't forecast until after dark, so wind wise, the worse is still to come;

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

I would expect gusts in exposed areas to be locally higher than shown above too.

Rainfall should turn more convective and showery through the afternoon and into the evening now.

Cheers AWD, didn't realise you had also posted up charts, so we've now got "two for the price of one". Take your pick, they all say the same, the STORM IS INCOMING FOR ALL PARTS OF OUR REGION. 

• Like 1

Posted

As ever, I find that this is another useful link for tracking incoming depressions.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Cant keep up with road closures, at least another 5 roads added to the closures on my previous post

Below is Brading just up the road from me

Posted Image

Below is The little river Luck at Gurnard

Posted Image

Pressure dropping fast

983.2mb (falling -6.1mb/hr)

21.2mm of rain so far

Max gust last hour 26.5mph

Edited by Cyclonic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

The wind is now really howling through Exeter, especially where I am on the hill. The front door is rattling in the stronger gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Wind is picking up quite a bit. My place is already shaking now but only a little :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Posted Image  Whilst having her sulk she must have thought it through and seems to understand my reasoning, so I don't feel as evil now.

Wind has really got up during the last hour, now gusting to over 40mph.  Took the dogs out across the fields earlier and the rain was like icy needles jabbing my face, totally unpleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Corfe castle not long ago..

No doctors appointment for me! Posted Image

how is the causeway doing around Stoborough?

Posted

Nice lull in the rain now, wind picked up to 20mph.

Rain on and off today, 20mm in total.

Just popped out in the dry to get lottery and some groceries.

Looks like the next phase here is later this evening.

Still showing a light rain day tomorrow for us.

Posted

Guys I'm pretty concerned. Was just walking outside my place and the wind is already starting to push me. It feels on par/slightly worse than Wednesday already. It's gonna be so bad tonight I'm really really scared.

Posted

Guys I'm pretty concerned. Was just walking outside my place and the wind is already starting to push me. It feels on par/slightly worse than Wednesday already. It's gonna be so bad tonight I'm really really scared.

Snuggle up and forget it, nought you can do about it. Mother Nature will do what she does and always remember this day is just a mere blip in a long calendar year. Try to enjoy it, easier said than done though and stick with the reports in here and in the dedicated storm thread.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

how is the causeway doing around Stoborough?

Not too bad as far as I know but with the rain falling in the Frome further upstream, strong winds and a full moon high tide at 10:20pm tonight, it may well go again, or possibly tomorrow. :)

Posted

Snuggle up and forget it, nought you can do about it. Mother Nature will do what she does and always remember this day is just a mere blip in a long calendar year. Try to enjoy it, easier said than done though and stick with the reports in here and in the dedicated storm thread.

I'll try my hardest.Don't be surprised if you see me on here at 4am giving you all my updates haha!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

If i were you i`d be looking to stay somewhere else i.e house with relative to stay. Keep safe.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Just went for a walk, but it was brief, as the wind and driving rain made it hard to walk in a straight line! Everybody I passed was walking like a drunk Posted Image

The met office forecast is showing a really narrow band of amber for wind now, from lands end and along the south coast..why has it narrowed so much? 

It has been a narrow band for several days now - it has barely changed size. However, the amber warning for rain has gone, which makes it easier to see the wind warning

Edited by Joe Levy
  • Like 2