Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted

Raining here, 8mm so far today, but not as heavy as I expected.

The wind is not really doing much, 15mph.

The BBC forecast has us down for no rain from 6pm till late evening and then only  light rain tomorrow.

Has the forecast changed for us?

Edited by lettice

Posted

Having a bit of a lull here at the moment, drizzle and light winds but I guess that'll change soon.

Give a thought to all those lovely postmen out there who are  battling the elements to ensure your sacks full of Valentines cards reach you safely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

The more northerly patch of intense rain has fizzled out, whilst the more southerly is intensifying but skirting the northern coast of France. Are we going to have gale force winds and clear skies?

Currently 5.2C, AP 990mb and falling rapidly, 10.5mm rain, strongest gust 27.5mph at 09:10.

High tide tonight in Southampton is 11pm. 4.4m, plus an estimated storm surge of 1.2, with waves on top of that. Flooding of properties is expected in St Denys.

Edited by katemart

Posted

Really gusting and hammering it down here in Gloucester courtesy of those dark specks from Wales.

Fascinating shower shaped formations off Cornwall - can anyone enlighten ?

John in Gloucester

p.s. Now up to 9.86" for this year....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

When will it turn milder then? The max so far today was 4.0c around 07.30 since when it has dropped back and sat around the current 3.4c with some wet snowflakes among the heavier pulses of precipitation - that's 4 days in a row with wintry precipitation, whatever is happening? Lol !

Yes Andy, Our part of the world does seem to be lucky with regard to snow or cold, bit of a micro climate around here sometimes.

Posted

Was in Honiton this morning and torrential rain for 2 hours. Drive back to Colyton via Northleigh just about passable in 4x4. Run-off from fields like nothing I've seen before. Had a brief interlude of drizzle but rain now returned. I would say that if you live in East Devon area only venture out if 100% necessary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

When will it turn milder then? The max so far today was 4.0c around 07.30 since when it has dropped back and sat around the current 3.4c with some wet snowflakes among the heavier pulses of precipitation - that's 4 days in a row with wintry precipitation, whatever is happening? Lol !

Yes we saw a little wet snow this morning, it started off as sleet then turned in heavier stuff. rain now though.

Gentle breeze is starting to pick up now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

My daughter has a school disco tonight wonder if I can be a nice mummy and venture out for a walk to school!!!

My daughter normally goes to Youth club on Friday evenings but it is 4 miles from here. Shes currently in her room sulking (inset day) as I told her it was unlikely she is going tonight as I won't risk our lives.  Hopefully one day she will realise I'm not evil but looking out for her welfare!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Breeze and rain....5.2c.... Wonder what the window cleaners are doing....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Unbelievable conditions on the roads around Dorchester, I've never seen anything like it, torrents of water just pouring off the fields and nowhere for it to go. I suspect they will be multiple road closures soon if the rain doesn't stop but even then i'm not sure it will help.

• Like 1

Posted

Unbelievable conditions on the roads around Dorchester, I've never seen anything like it, torrents of water just pouring off the fields and nowhere for it to go. I suspect they will be multiple road closures soon if the rain doesn't stop but even then i'm not sure it will help.

Yep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Wind,Lightning

The rain here is relentless!! Been pretty much solid and heavy since first thing this morning.....next up the wind....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yes, the winds are picking up in Wales behind the main rain band as it moves ever Eastwards, the squalls are now packing in towards Cornwall and Devon, I imagine the winds will start ramping up in association with them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's absolutely tipping down, nearly 30mm in seven hours, it's been a long time since I got that sort of rainfall. I had 51mm in 24 hours back in July 2012 but the rain rate was steady.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Rain is cold and nasty but wind is nothing more than a strong breeze currently.

Temperature creeping up now 5.8c

Posted

Breeze and rain....5.2c.... Wonder what the window cleaners are doing....

lol I am a window cleaning were doing nothing total nightmare since December! Hardest winter I can remember since my 18 years of trading!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It's absolutely tipping down, nearly 30mm in seven hours, it's been a long time since I got that sort of rainfall. I had 51mm in 24 hours back in July 2012 but the rain rate was steady.

See if you can push it all off the land and into the sea, Mapantz, I'm sure many would be grateful. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Had steady rain this morning here but for the last 1.5 hours being bucketing down.

Had steady rain this morning here but for the last 1.5 hours being bucketing down.

At a guess we are probably around 15/20mm 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Still raining fairly steadily in Exeter and the wind is now really beginning to pick up.

Posted

My daughter normally goes to Youth club on Friday evenings but it is 4 miles from here. Shes currently in her room sulking (inset day) as I told her it was unlikely she is going tonight as I won't risk our lives.  Hopefully one day she will realise I'm not evil but looking out for her welfare!

Very true, trouble is they just think we are here to ruin their lives!!!
  • Like 3

Posted

The rain here is relentless!! Been pretty much solid and heavy since first thing this morning.....next up the wind....

Yes its been very bad in this area! There are alot of road floods about, Bournemouth Gardens have been closed now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

17.4mm of rain so far today

Winds are increasing

Max gust so far last hour is 23.1mph

It is going to get worse as the day continues.

Back yard already flooded and about 2 cm from coming in through kitchen  Posted Image

Kitchen has a leak in the join to the extension, however only dripping at the moment...

The shed leaning precariously to the one side. (if it stay up in the strong winds tonight i shall be surprised lol) Posted Image

Dog absolutely refusing to go out (so threw a doggie chew bone into back yard, she soon ran after)  Posted Image (forgot to mention now she looks like she has had a bath lol)

Sea state is rough -   http://driftwoodbeachbar.com/webcam/

High tide was 2 hours ago, high tide tonight is at 2333 height of  (3.90m)

Getting increasingly windier -  http://www.camscape.com/view/33889

Stay safe guys

Reports coming in of road closures on IOW

Binstead from going to Newport roads are to dangerous, roads are flooded also at Havenstreet

Totland Broadway flooded! Both ends, Granville Cross and War Memorial. Also Madeira Rd.

Weston Rd, junction of Broadway, also flooded! Lower Madeira Rd could now be dangerous to walk in, as the fast flowing flood water could sweep a person off their feet!!

bottom of east cowes road/ alvestone road flooded

floods down quarr hill and the sloop car park

Hovercraft is now suspended

Blackwater A3056 between Newport and Merstone is really bad, fields bursting again and water covering half of the road, few bad spots on Merstone Lane and Blackwater Hollow from Rookley has a few very bad points on a few of the corners

morton brook looking close to flooding now

Carisbrooke road by the ford and doctors is starting to floods, water coming out the drains!

St Georges Way is starting or pretty much flooded

For anyone living on the IOW, please check local radio for diverts and plese dont travel unless absolute necessary

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Dog absolutely refusing to go out (so threw a doggie chew bone into back yard, she soon ran after)  Posted Image (forgot to mention now she looks like she has had a bath lol)

I reckon you can let her back in now Posted Image

• Like 1