Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted

Had 3 sleet/hail showers today in Colyton. Intervening periods were calm and bright. River levels have fallen so hopefully we are over the worst.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Temperature 2.0c.  Wind chill 0.9c.  Dewpoint  -0.6c.

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Heavy shower on radar. Falling as hail here on the coast (ground now white with hail)

Anyone up Exmoor way.. could be a decent snow shower heading your way

Edited by stevofunnelcl

Posted

Well here comes the rain now on radar, there will be lots of trees falling tomorrow night, the ground is just to soft with all the rain. Looks like Dorset to get the most rain

Edited by Rapodo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just to reiterate my post from earlier, we are to expect a 36 hour period of rain and wind induced chaos starting from midnight tonight and by this comment, I am not meaning to scaremonger, I am simply just putting the message out there which is "PLEASE RESPECT THE WARNINGS AND DO NOT MESS WITH THIS STORM, TAKE CARE". Posted Image

The dedicated storm thread is attached to my post from earlier but my very same thoughts apply.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79421-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-120214-19z/?p=2929643

Latest updates available via the storm thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79420-severe-atlantic-storms-february-2014/page-20

The best way to look at this particular episode is like a final "closing scene" to the Winter 2013/14 drama, good riddance and on with Spring. Posted Image

PLAY SAFE AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO STAY SAFE! Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 9

Posted

Just to reiterate my post from earlier, we are to expect a 36 hour period of rain and wind induced chaos starting from midnight tonight and by this comment, I am not meaning to scaremonger, I am simply just putting the message out there which is "PLEASE RESPECT THE WARNINGS AND DO NOT MESS WITH THIS STORM, TAKE CARE". Posted Image

The dedicated storm thread is attached to my post from earlier but my very same thoughts apply.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79421-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-120214-19z/?p=2929643

Latest updates available via the storm thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79420-severe-atlantic-storms-february-2014/page-20

The best way to look at this particular episode is like a final "closing scene" to the Winter 2013/14 drama, good riddance and on with Spring. Posted Image

PLAY SAFE AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO STAY SAFE! Posted Image

Let's hope it is the end - just been reading Corbyn's latest blog - and he's been fairly spot on regarding his storm predictions - he's openly saying we ain't finished with the storms yet - I hope he's wrong - but something tells me he ain't!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Frontal edge of the incoming storm has consisted of some hail/sleet here in the heavier burst.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Quiet as a Mouse here……..at the moment!!!!! Temp rising rapidly. Birds are doing their Dawn Corus thing.

Posted

Quiet as a Mouse here……..at the moment!!!!! Temp rising rapidly. Birds are doing their Dawn Corus thing.

Not down here, the rain is upon us and the wind is already gusting 46mph in the harbour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Not down here, the rain is upon us and the wind is already gusting 46mph in the harbour

I was expecting it to be a bit Windy,you know,pre Storm Winds but not a branch moving. Going to be a Nightmare of a day. Stay safe.Posted Image

Posted

All dry and calm overnight.

But it has just started to rain lightly and the wind has started to pick up to 15 mph.

Noticed since about 6am that the temp has started to drop.

Storm on its way then.

Do not like the look of the radar, that's heading our way.

Edited by lettice

Posted

Let's hope it is the end - just been reading Corbyn's latest blog - and he's been fairly spot on regarding his storm predictions - he's openly saying we ain't finished with the storms yet - I hope he's wrong - but something tells me he ain't!

He hasn't been spot on at all and should be ignored.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

He hasn't been spot on at all and should be ignored.

To be fair he isn't too bad. His a qualified scientist and meteorologist and in the past he has got certain predictions right , he predicted dec 10 way ahead of others. But yes he has got this year wrong in the sense he mentioned cold and snow , but regarding the storms his done quite well
  • Like 2

Posted

The rain dont look that bad on the radar and not that heavy here in bournemouth nothing like I was expecting

edit... scrap that its just gone very heavy and gusty

Edited by Rapodo

Posted

Looking at the forecast obs for Camborne it looks as if the frontal clearance will be after midday. The strongest winds between 1500-2100 up to 70 mph but we aren't on an exposed coast.

Currently moderate rain

Temp 4.6C

Wind 36 mph gusting 53

Pressure 985mb falling.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter- Cold, frost, snow. Summer- Warm and thundery.

Looking at the radar, the rain doesn't seem to be as intense as previous storms and looks to be moving through quite quickly. However, how disruptive the wind will be this afternoon/evening is anyone's guess. I for one, am not looking forward to it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Morning all

Moderate to heavy rain here

Gusty occasionally

Moderate but strengthening winds

Stay safe guys, i shall keep you posted as much as i can through today/tonight's storm

Stats

994.0mb (falling 3.2mb/hr)

Gust last hour 19.4mph

Rainfall 2.2m (so fat today)

Temp 4.9c

Windchill 4.2c

Humidity 92%

http://driftwoodbeachbar.com/webcam/   (sandown seafront)

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-4.96,40.70,1837

Edited by Cyclonic

Posted

Looking at the radar, the rain doesn't seem to be as intense as previous storms and looks to be moving through quite quickly. However, how disruptive the wind will be this afternoon/evening is anyone's guess. I for one, am not looking forward to it.

It's been pretty intense rain here for last hour and a half. Just got back from school run and the roads are like rivers. This is a very wet one indeed i think if it keeps up. Anchors away...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter- Cold, frost, snow. Summer- Warm and thundery.

Actually, looking at the radar again, the rain out in the channel seems to be intensifying. Ah well...