Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I do like the cold weather......

Well,it has been a windy old time in the South-West just of late. I have never known a year like it. You would expect to see one or two storms a year,but not like this and in such a rapid fashion too.

Posted Image

I ventured down to Plymouth Hoe during one storm and it was unreal.

As there are only 15 days of Winter left,is this stormy weather due to continue into Spring or is there to be a sting in the tail like Spring 2013..

Edited by WestCountry11
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Moderately heavy rain shower & an overcast sky. Nice :/ changed quickly. Really windy now too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Well i wish you all the best and stay safe SDM in the caravan during the storm , Fell for you. Its one thing having a holiday in one during a storm but to endure 37 of them that we have had last 2-3 months is no fun im sure!!

A.T.B

Also to be fair, AWD did put out a few graphics earlier showing the wind will be worse for us in the south compared to Wednesdays storm so credit to him there.

• Like 3

Posted

I'm just south of Clevedon. I can see that fromhere. It looks black!

Moderately heavy rain shower & an overcast sky. Nice :/ changed quickly. Really windy now too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

im about 8miles away and can see your very dark sky ,missing here but temp just dropprd .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The thing about this low tomorrow night is it is currently shown to be a much slower mover and thus we have nearly 18hrs or so of what could be considered, strong winds;

post-12721-0-08106700-1392309312_thumb.jpost-12721-0-93450000-1392309318_thumb.jpost-12721-0-97856400-1392309328_thumb.jpost-12721-0-81805900-1392309335_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Oh God!!!!

Yes, Thats what i thought when i heard him say that. Normally i take what radio broadcasters and reporters with a pinch of salt BUT because he quoted John Hammond who is well respected along with our own I.F i took note! Don`t wish to scare monger more like alert people to what was said.

The thing about this low tomorrow night is it is currently shown to be a much slower mover and thus we have nearly 18hrs or so of what could be considered, strong winds;

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

Good Point AWD.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Came home from Wiveliscombe to Wellington to absolute hailstorm and it covered the roads pavements .it looked like it had snowed ......

Looking towards to tomorrow it looks awful , just hope that everyone stays safe .............

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

And winds from a direction that those on the immediate South coast would not like to see, more damage due to cliff falls down there is inevitable I'm afraid.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Yes, Thats what i thought when i heard him say that. Normally i take what radio broadcasters and reporters with a pinch of salt BUT because he quoted John Hammond who is well respected along with our own I.F i took note! Don`t wish to scare monger more like alert people to what was said.

Good Point AWD.

Very wise! Not looking forward to it. Have to Tow tomorrow. Had some Snow this Morning Posted Image ,so nice to see,huge Flakes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Well i wish you all the best and stay safe SDM in the caravan during the storm , Fell for you. Its one thing having a holiday in one during a storm but to endure 37 of them that we have had last 2-3 months is no fun im sure!!

A.T.B

Also to be fair, AWD did put out a few graphics earlier showing the wind will be worse for us in the south compared to Wednesdays storm so credit to him there.

Thanks! I know, it's been a pretty tough time. Considering nothing bad has happend to us so far *touch wood* it should be fine just shaky as usual but I'll be paranoid regardless.

I can't belive there has been 37! That is ridiculous.

I'm just south of Clevedon. I can see that fromhere. It looks black!

Some mean mean looking clouds have been around today

im about 8miles away and can see your very dark sky ,missing here but temp just dropprd .

Well if it rains you know why lol

Greaaat! :(

I'm glad I'm on here as I get way more detailed info from all of you than the general sources I go to.

Oh yeah blue sky is back but I'm not sure for how long now. Still windy.

Posted

Very wise! Not looking forward to it. Have to Tow tomorrow. Had some Snow this Morning Posted Image ,so nice to see,huge Flakes.

Hi SS, Yes it was really nice to see the huge flakes albeit short lived but better nice none the less..

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing……againPosted Image

Just looked out and here to mixed with sleet, but higher up probable snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Please don't forget there is the dedicated storm thread which will be widely in use before the storm hits as well as during and after the event.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79420-severe-atlantic-storms-february-2014/page-15#entry2929636

Maybe we can shut that thread down after the weekend until next Autumn but somehow I doubt that will happen, darn Mother Nature. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Hi SS, Yes it was really nice to see the huge flakes albeit short lived but better nice none the less..

I know. I wonder if the Sledge will even make it out of the Shed this Winter??????!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Just had a shower of small hail with a few flakes mixed in.  The sky to the south of here looks a very odd pinky/grey colour.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

12z NMM is frightening for parts of our region,plenty of heavy rain till mid afternoon, with strong to gale force winds....but it's after the fronts clear away to the north east that the winds really then increase, gusts of over 60 mph widely across the SW peninsular with gusts well over 80 mph along the south coast during the late afternoon and evening with these strongest gusts transferring eastwards along the south coast during the overnight period

• Like 6

Posted

Just looked out and here to mixed with sleet, but higher up probable snow.

Yes elevation is the key with these showers this evening. Large wet snowflakes among raindrops but looking up the hill opposite my house I can see heavy wet snow falling. It would be fun if the next batch of showers toward the Bristol Channel coast hold together for an hours time when they get here as the temp is dropping at 2.7c now.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes elevation is the key with these showers this evening. Large wet snowflakes among raindrops but looking up the hill opposite my house I can see heavy wet snow falling. It would be fun if the next batch of showers toward the Bristol Channel coast hold together for an hours time when they get here as the temp is dropping at 2.7c now.

Hi Andy, Is that up Cley Hill? Amazing sometimes i can see that to from Frome and top can be white and bottom of it nothing. Even here in Frome 30 metres makes huge difference.

I know. I wonder if the Sledge will even make it out of the Shed this Winter??????!!!!!

Um i wonder but not to late , look at last March. If not then a bin bag and mud track would provide a good slide but not really the snow buzz we all get .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just arrived home just 5 mins too late to see what must have been another show shower as slushy deposits on cars and grass.

temperature is 0.9c at the moment.

Edited by mullender83