Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Now the first snow showers have cleared through I expect it will be more rain, sleet and hail as morning wears on with wbfl rising.

Don't be so sure. Princetown has snow progged for all this afternoon and evening so you never know your luck.

• Like 2

Posted

Snow now stopped.. AS  Gibby said it was nice to see.. Was  just going up the hill  out of Radstock  to Peasedown flats when it started...

Although I now live in SW London, I hail from Westfield, other side of Radstock from Artdemole, so check in on the thread to keep up with 'home' (and to surprise my parents by telling them what weather they had!). Love hearing your accounts, and of course very jealous of your snow:)

EDIT: to contribute to weather discussion, blue sky and clouds here in Uxbridge, and I have not seen a single flake of snow this winter.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted

Having got utterly fed up of getting rained on every day while out working it came as a real surprise and hour of fun to get hailed, sleeted and then wet snowed on today! I still ended up wet and cold but had got white first lol !

• Like 5

Posted

Having got utterly fed up of getting rained on every day while out working it came as a real surprise and hour of fun to get hailed, sleeted and then wet snowed on today! I still ended up wet and cold but had got white first lol !

It's amazing how a change, any change in the weather can cheer us up in these dark times. Even if it is sleet and hail..would love a bit of snow please.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Just had a potent hail shower pass through.

Hail hurt too.

• Like 2

Posted

Had the first snow of the winter here this morning :D

Started as rain, slightly sleety, then turned more to snow until it all was - heavy at times too! Obviously didn't settle but I was getting to the point of thinking we wouldn't see any this winter, so it's all good :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Walking to the gym and it's blue sky, breezy and hardly any clouds.. This big one got my attention though coming in from the sea!

post-21925-0-64321800-1392299010_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

beautiful day here, took some photo,s whilst out an about

The image below i was the passenger traveling in the car hence the swirled effect on the right hand side, i decided not to alter the image and left it natural, was took whilst driving over the Brading Downs

Taken using my Sony Xperia SP mobile phone

Posted Image

Image below is driving through Ryde country roads before you get to the Brading downs

Posted Image

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

What are the chances of seeing some transient snow as this front moves in early Friday morning?

Met office app says sleet 6-9am so it must be pretty close?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Don't be so sure. Princetown has snow progged for all this afternoon and evening so you never know your luck.

Looks like a walk up the hill for you later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

If you can make it out in the mess, there is also a Met Office amber wind warning out for the South Coast for tomorrow night;

post-12721-0-18548700-1392302266_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

If you can make it out in the mess, there is also a Met Office amber wind warning out for the South Coast for tomorrow night;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

That warning page reminds me of this..  Posted Image

post-8911-0-85813800-1392303566_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Although I now live in SW London, I hail from Westfield, other side of Radstock from Artdemole, so check in on the thread to keep up with 'home' (and to surprise my parents by telling them what weather they had!). Love hearing your accounts, and of course very jealous of your snow:)

EDIT: to contribute to weather discussion, blue sky and clouds here in Uxbridge, and I have not seen a single flake of snow this winter.

Nice to see such posts...

Sunny here at 6.6c. .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

ALERT!!!

Just heard Steve Wright quote John Hammond saying" This storm Friday /Saturday is going to be every bit as intense and if not more and worse than Wednesday`s storm."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

ALERT!!!

Just heard Steve Wright quote John Hammond saying" This storm Friday /Saturday is going to be every bit as intense and if not more and worse than Wednesday`s storm."

Oh God!!!!

Posted

ALERT!!!

D:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

ALERT!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Please nuuuu, i really am not looking forward to this, why the hell did i move to an Island on a seafront.. :(

Posted

It's been pretty grotty day here with frequent heavy rain showers.

Tomorrow of course is going to be worse with the fronts through between 0900-1200 and then the wind veering SW and strengthening gusting 65mph with heavy or moderate rain throughout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Had a cracking hail storm earlier just as I was about to leave to collect my daughter, I held back for a couple of minutes as it looked painful.  Gone dark here and just started raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

That's me not sleeping tomorrow night then. 50mph is bad enough.

Not long ago had a massive dark cloud pass over with increasing wind and a little shower but it's blue sky again woohoo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

To be fair I'm not that worried about the storm to be honest, it'll be just like any other in the last eight weeks, bringing more rain and yet more winds (some pretty strong no doubt) and in behind it, a right ole mixture of wintry showers, DE JA VU. Posted Image

Yes it will be sad to see yet more damage to our already damaged wider environment but as long as everyone takes care and warns their friends and family of the likely impacts about tomorrow, then what will be, will be. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1