Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic storms February 2014

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

they already do , its called climate change !!...

Or <cough>"Haarp" </cough>

• Like 5

Been fairly quiet here but the winds have increased a lot just recently, I think associated with the occluded front I think which is moving in now. Those down south could see the winds get even worse as the front moves E later in the night, looks bad down there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Blowing hard in s norfolk.

Eventful Valentine's Day then. *cough*Back on topic, I believe I experienced the same "window rattling big stylee" winds that triple_x1 received.Definitely picking up (on time too) :/
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Roof. has blown off my local police station down the road, all of the old bill are stood outside staring at it ha ha - joking aside, what a storm! the Windows. are bowing. inside this pub.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I can see the stars, still howling out there but not as strong in Exeter as earlier, I'd love to know the highest gust we got...

The closest weather station I know if is in Exeter airport and that's 5 miles to the east and must be fairly sheltered I'd say...

We must have hit 70mph at some point tonight but nothing showing up on top twenty in net weather for gusts...

Earlier on xc it said Exeter got 72mph but then it's disappeared from the feed and that was at 4pm but I think maybe a glitch or something as it's been stronger since then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Surprised the MetO didnt make it a red warning with all the crying going on in here with the Londoners.

I take it your voting yes in the referendum :-)
  • Like 2

Posted

SAR two hill walkers sumit of ben nevis missing got disorientated due bad weather.  Scotts very hardly lot but hope they found safe. 

30 people trapped in seafront cafe rocks (wow) being pelted by storm smashing windows milford on sea hampshire

Edited by vladthemert

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Surprised the MetO didnt make it a red warning with all the crying going on in here with the Londoners.

Nice to hear of your compassion though. Posted Image Extreme weather is extreme for a reason and that's because its potentially dangerous to life and property. Posted Image

Or <cough>"Haarp" </cough>

Where did you "engineer" that one from? Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, snow

Nice to hear of your compassion though. Posted Image Extreme weather is extreme for a reason and that's because its potentially dangerous to life and property. Posted Image

Nobody crys about it in Scotland, seems to be a London thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

85.2mph gust recorded now at Poole Harbour......wow!

Holy poo.

Roof. has blown off my local police station down the road, all of the old bill are stood outside staring at it ha ha - joking aside, what a storm! the Windows. are bowing. inside this pub.

P*gs might fly? Posted Image  Yes, sorry I may have had a bevvie too many. Posted Image Not that I'll be getting a lot of sleep and I'm inland by sixty miles or so, so I'll be here for the long run.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!
Posted · Hidden by scotteboi, February 15, 2014 - Not on topic
Hidden by scotteboi, February 15, 2014 - Not on topic

Nobody crys about it in Scotland, seems to be a London thing.

Maybe because it's quite rare down south? I don't think people are crying though, although if your house was flooded out or badly damaged through wind you may have so different take on things?

Maybe because it's quite rare down south? I don't think people are crying though, although if your house was flooded out or badly damaged through wind you may have so different take on things?

I think you just like the wind up ;-) Ps....it is bloody windy here :-) hee hee
Posted

Exactly, same thing if it happens in Wales! 

Sorry buddy, Im Scottish but like the Welsh, I am pretty cool. No floods here. Cheers!

Posted

Rare down south, Maybe? try living in South Wales. Battered by constant wave after wave of depressions from the South West for almost 2 months!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog
Winds have really picked up here in last half hour[/quote ye they def have mate quite scary when i got one of those wooden electric poles right outside my house wobbling like mad some gusts are very strong
  • Like 1

Posted

Is this the ATLANTIC STORM DISCUSSION thread or an insight into personal political awareness thread? Please stay on topic folks and be respectful to others, I would like to keep this thread up to date with breaking news about the storm in what appears to be rather worrying event for some. Posted Image

Anybody constantly in breach of the forum rules can and will get reported. Folk could be relying on our reports?

• Like 7

Posted

I remember a few years ago up here in mainland Scotland we got flooded, and the english said "they should be used to it".Well, the english should be used to it now, theyve got it for a couple months!

Posted

Rare down south, Maybe? try living in South Wales. Battered by constant wave after wave of depressions from the South West for almost 2 months!!

It must be a nightmare! It's been nuts this year....wonder if you'll get a blinding summer as pay off? (We can hope eh!)