Severe Atlantic storms February 2014

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live there too I am sure it is darker than that!!

was posted 7.30 on there live stream newsfeed would took time upload to beeb so sixish would guess stay safe.  been hols was around therenear this building beautiful place hope mother nature dont ruin it.

Edited by vladthemert
  • Like 1

Jersey Met recently tweeted the highest gusts recorded so far:

Jersey Airport: 64mph

Jersey Harbour: 73mph

Winds expected to peak during the next 2 hours.

Our high tide passed at 18:30. The predicted forecast height was 10.1m. The recorded height was 11.1m! Roads along our south coast were closed for a time due to "huge" waves breaking over our sea defences. People have been advised to stay indoors ...

Penzance Railway Station not looking too good..........

https://twitter.com/MRailwayCORP/status/434406898373103617/photo/1

My word - looks like that's mostly seawater given the location of the line (ie VERY near the coast).

More pics here:

http://www.cornwallrailwaysociety.org.uk/newspage---latest-news-reports-and-photographs.html

Lastest from Plymouth 87 mph gust trees down all over the city main roads in & out flooded just taken me 2 half hours to get home from work 4 miles away

glad you made it back safely

Getting gusty here again after lull

Edited by vladthemert
  • Like 1

What's everyone pressure reading at the moment? We're at 981mb according to my Wx station, don't have a wind gauge, but my nearest just recorded a 51gust, although by the sounds of it, it's gone a bit higher.

My anemometer is reading a rather calm 12mph, and has been for about an hour. Might be something to do with all the trees behind it Posted Image

Meanwhile the other weather station in Swindon has recorded a gust of 53mph, the highest it's read since it went up about 4 years ago. Very wild outside.

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 1

Mental here on Portland !Scary winds , severe flood warning for us tonight

Wow i'd love to be on Portland this evening! I went to the coast at Southsea on Wednesday, probably the strongest winds I've ever experienced. It's very windy where i am now near Southampton.

Radar still showing showers heading on to the South Coast, could be some very squally gusts around these showers..