Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic storms February 2014

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think this next storm is getting its act together now. Gusting 60mph here in Yorkshire now. With heavy rain. Think it's going to be another rough afternoon and night. Wouldn't be surprised to see us getting gusts of 70/80mph again. Not good. Stay safe people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Think this next storm is getting its act together now. Gusting 60mph here in Yorkshire now. With heavy rain. Think it's going to be another rough afternoon and night. Wouldn't be surprised to see us getting gusts of 70/80mph again. Not good. Stay safe people.

I doubt that very much, I'm further south then you in Essex which is 1 of the areas now included in the Amber zone (I'm not even sure if you've got Yellow warnings of wind yet) and the wind is nowhere near gusting 60mph here yet and is only expected to peak at about that through tonight with 80mph on the south coast so I'd be surprised if somewhere as far north as Yorkshire sees anything much above 40mph.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

The rain band has really broken across wales poor forcasting by BBC they had heavy rain all day we have barely had anything of note.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The rain has picked up here again,  you could take a not down the street right now!

post-15177-0-68822000-1392381062_thumb.j

The wind isn't too bad just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not grey and damp

Well another horrible day in Pembrokeshire.

Its throwing it down, there is a wall of airborne water being fired at me by 40-50mph winds. It did get close to 60mph earlier but it has slackened off a bit now, just got relentless rain.

I do hate these SE winds it blows the rain through all my windows and doors. Everything round here is set up for SW'lys.

Nowhere near as bad as the other day though. I passed through St Davids earlier and something must have blown off the roof of the indian takeaway as the Fire Brigade were in attendance. Power nearly went off just now, monitor turned off but the computer managed to stay booted up. Its been on and off a few time in the last 48 hours so obviously still some niggling issues from Wednesday.

Hope everyone is safe well and dry

Posted

Think it must have moved East. Not like was being forecast even late last night. This is not a criticism, merely a comment.

The rain band has really broken across wales poor forcasting by BBC they had heavy rain all day we have barely had anything of note.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

Latest EURO4 upgrades again, it now brings 60-65mph average (not gusts) winds right up to the Dorset/Hampshire coast - that's 5mph up on the previous run.

what about west sussex coast?

Posted

Currently working in Swindon and its wild here in the Hotel, Im only on the first floor. Far worse than the previous storms, must be the wind direction.

Lashing it down and blowing a gale right now.

Posted

what about west sussex coast?

55-60mph mean speeds on EURO4 but take the differences with a pinch of salt for now, could be a bit lower or higher. What's not in doubt is that it's coming and it's quite nasty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

anybody else having probs with raintoday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

It seems to do this when very busy as you can understand ,will probably catch up with frames later .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I dont understand as we have got some really violent gusts here, more than the other day when under the red warning...its bitter cold too with sleety snowy rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile ....Its better that the standed raintoday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

the london shard might be issue reading this article built to withstand upto only 32mph.Posted Image  Surely they built it with climate change in mind this goto be joke.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/video-shard-worker-caught-in-high-winds-terror-went-straight-back-to-work-after-a-cuppa-7905469.html

That's crazy the top of it would see wind above that even in a normal type of low with rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Weekend Weather Respite Won't Last Long

Battered Britain will get a short respite from the wild weather on the weekend, forecasters say. The Met Office has predicted a return to the worst of the winter weather over the next 24 hours as the latest storm hits the UK in a "multi-pronged" attack. Almost every pocket of the country will see downpours, winds or snow, much of it falling on already-saturated ground. But Sky News Weather Producer Jo Robinson says the weather will start to get better through the day on Saturday. "The weather will improve through the weekend, but Saturday morning will remain windy across south Wales and southern England," she said.

"Wind gusts of around 50 to 60mph are still possible, particularly at the coast. The winds will gradually ease through Saturday afternoon. "There'll be showers around, some heavy and even wintry, but we will lose the prolonged rain." And Sunday will be even better than Saturday for much of Britain. "Sunday looks the best day of the weekend for many," Robinson said. "It'll be much calmer than recently and most places will be dry with some sunshine." But Ireland and Northern Ireland will still see rain and strong winds later on Sunday.

Unfortunately the weekend's brighter weather will not last long. "There's no sign of a prolonged dry spell in the South at the moment," Robinson said. "The unsettled theme will continue next week. There'll be further spells of wind and rain, but it certainly doesn’t look as stormy as recent days." Robinson warns that even though the wild weather will let up, Friday's storm may have a lasting effect on flooded areas and coastal communities. "Friday's rain may still have an impact on the larger rivers," she says.  "Strong winds combined with a large swell will bring dangerous waves to Channel coasts on Friday evening and Saturday morning. Coastal flooding is possible at high tide. "It's worth keeping an eye on the Environment Agency's flood warnings."

http://news.sky.com/story/1211565/weekend-weather-respite-wont-last-long

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I think you are reffering to the cradle the outside window cleaners use not the building

lol didn't read it, thankgoodness for that, I just hope it don't fly off and land on someone later.

Posted

I doubt that very much, I'm further south then you in Essex which is 1 of the areas now included in the Amber zone (I'm not even sure if you've got Yellow warnings of wind yet) and the wind is nowhere near gusting 60mph here yet and is only expected to peak at about that through tonight with 80mph on the south coast so I'd be surprised if somewhere as far north as Yorkshire sees anything much above 40mph.

not so sure we have got in my location expected 63mph gusts at midnight to about 3am according xcweather.

Posted

The NMM shows 6 hours of 60mph+ gusts here, there's not much left to obliterate.

Posted Imageviewimage (6).pngPosted Imageviewimage (7).pngPosted Imageviewimage (Posted Image.pngPosted Imageviewimage (9).pngPosted Imageviewimage (10).pngPosted Imageviewimage (11).pngPosted Imageviewimage (12).png

thanks update wow we going get alot 60+mph winds

Started hammering with rain here now.