Sign in to follow this  
DisruptiveGust

Severe Atlantic storms February 2014

Amongst all these storms all football matches in the premier league are still on tonight as things stand currently

Wouldn't like to be a goalkeeper at Stoke tonight after what happened back in November

• Like 2

Fax chart for Friday :-O

post-2845-0-16412600-1392227720_thumb.jp

Edited by Love Snow

Fax chart for Friday :-O

You able to post mate I cant on here?

Greater Manchester fire brigade have recalled all staff on to duty as they have 40 live calls currently in progress....

• Like 1

Stay safe everyone further north!

Virgin Trains are withdrawing all services from the West Coast Main Line for the rest of the day.

Breaking: Manchester Fire Service have re-called all off duty officers.

M6 at a standstill North of Stafford, After a little lull wind back up to 50+ 

post-20937-0-26091100-1392228072_thumb.j

This is actually quite terrifying. Even in North Manchester where we don't have the worst of the winds. My windows are rattling. Is this as bad as it's going to get? 

here it comes guys  

in bamford rochdale and its howling!

This is actually quite terrifying. Even in North Manchester where we don't have the worst of the winds. My windows are rattling. Is this as bad as it's going to get? 

I'm not used to this new house yet and I'm not sure what all the noises are - are they just noises or bits blowing off Posted Image

• Like 2

You able to post mate I cant on here?

Greater Manchester fire brigade have recalled all staff on to duty as they have 40 live calls currently in progress....

That's my brother back on shift then, works down near Stockport

• Like 1

Getting stronger here, still looks like we have a good 3 hours of high gusts remaining aswell 

NMM wind forecast shows winds peaking in Wales and NW England during the next few hours, more 100mph+ gusts on the cards.. Take care if you're in affected regions, flying debris is likely to be a real hazard..

post-2-0-65293900-1392228788_thumb.png

• Like 7

whens it due to peak?

In an hour or so but that depends where you are.

That's my brother back on shift then, works down near Stockport

Aye it's turning out to be quite and event isn't it?  Heard a scientist or someone on Beeb earlier saying they may have the timescales wrong re climate change and instead of an anticipated change in climate around 2040 they may need to fast forward considerably.

So we may have to get used to these conditions a lot earlier than expected.

On another note hope he and everyone's safe down there!

• Like 1

Well getting further east the traffic conditions are getting bad a483 shut in several places so trying to get Chester to Shrewsbury on A41 a49 which on bbc treble look ok but suspect we may find trees down... Feels more ropy on a smaller road... Stuff blowing all over road from some downed scaffolding

• Like 1

Monster gusts here.

Yep. I've just watched a 60ft tree go over across from my house. Surreal.My back garden fence has taken a beating, too.
  • Like 2

My sister is at halls at Salford uni (high rise building) she says its pretty rough there at the moment.

Posted · Hidden by Thunderbolt_, February 12, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Thunderbolt_, February 12, 2014 - No reason given
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6BvX9ZYbbfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wind here is howling the strongest it has all winter, can hear things banging about outside with the worst gusts. Lights are flickering every minute or so, wouldn't be surprised if we get a power cut at some point if winds are still set to increase further!