Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic storms February 2014

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

I reckon they've peaked here. Had some gusts a couple of hours ago that were so fierce the bedroom window started emitting a high pitched squeal! We're still getting fairly strong winds but nothing like that again. Must admit, I'm a little disappointed *pouts*

Cheers - Gusts had died down here for 10 mins or so, but about 2mins ago.....really going for it again!

This is a midnight analysis I hope it is wrong. http://meteocentre.com/analyses/map.php?lang=en&map=UK&area=eur&size=large If it's right would it make things better or worse?

Better (I believe) as the low moves north and East it will weaken
  • Like 1

Posted

BBC News just reporting that a lady has died in Central London after part of a building hit her.

Edit: Woman dies and man taken to hospital after building falls on car in Holborn, central London, police say

Edited by Hirudine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cheers - Gusts had died down here for 10 mins or so, but about 2mins ago.....really going for it again!Better (I believe) as the low moves north and East it will weaken

It changed, the original had two lows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Lots of Diverts for Gatwick/Heathrow tonight. Quite a nightmare for re-positioning aircraft/crews especially for BA. 

Apparently Manchester decided to state availability of fuel issues again, so they have minimal diverts.  Stansted took a BA A320 from Frankfurt with Control Surface Issues. G-EUYA. 

BAW769 just been playing around in the skies, diverting north somewhere. 

BAW581 is also diverting North, whilst BAW337 is coming back from it's divert to have another go. This looks fun!

Any idea what BAW163 up to . A couple landed here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

BBC News just reporting that a lady has died in Central London after part of a building hit her.

Thanks I hadn't heard that particular story and sadly there are others breaking as well. Some of the petty little squabbles in here tonight will seem oh so stupid in the new light of day I'm sure. Glad to have seen some calm restored in here as its plenty stormy enough in the non virtual world if we were to be honest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Anyone know if Needles, Isle Of Wight reported a 109mph gust at 2300hrs? I saw it on Facebook mentioned.

Had an ECAM message, is returning back to Heathrow.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

This has occurred just down the road from me in Portsmouth, it's student accommodation. Very windy at the moment. 

wow insane hopefullly we dont get higher winds than forcast 60mph gusts later else fear our poorly installed ones fail

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Over Sittingbourne atm.  Heading back to Heathrow?

• Like 2

Posted

im in Hythe, southampton has the worst of the winds past through? 

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26203510

Note the time- that's round about when we had the window squealing gusts.

horrible hear.

I am really worried how the storm developing now dragging Tini back to uk cauising big ridge north scotland. The centre getting bigger its trying to jump but winds so strong in centre makes it very hard for it develop if it weakens there chance it will happen. 

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-0.71,53.98,1821

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

im in Hythe, southampton has the worst of the winds past through? 

Welcome aboard the madhouse, hilux. A few more hours to go I'm afraid, stay safe.

Posted

Over Sittingbourne atm.  Heading back to Heathrow?

Yeah, on approach now.  ECAM message might have shown pressurisation problem, aircraft didn't go that high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

An oak tree has come down just a mile away from me, a fairly wooded area, apparently it had stood for a good 50 years+. Now, to try and make sense of it all, it was standing during the storms of 87 and 90, with all this rain and wind during this winter weakening it, and eventually falling foul of tonights winds, surely that speaks a thousand words on how bad this weather has been?

I've had a crazy night at the pub, unprecedented weather here and as a severe weather lover, I've enjoyed it, but my thoughts go out to those who have been affected badly by what's happened, not much I can do.

It does seem as though there has been minimal deaths, warnings from sites such as net weather and the met office etc.. Have made a difference, if this was 20 years ago, loss of life would have been far greater!

Night folks, keep safe in the south east!

• Like 4

Posted

From my perspective..this storm has similar behaviour to the St Judes storm. I remember that night in the early hours, stretches of high velocity winds that would then drop out completely for 15 - 30 mins into very calm periods before the next swathe would whip through. Warm almost muggy temperatures also similar. I guess this is a characteristic pattern for Cyclogenesis ?

Temperature 7.1°C
Humidity 85%
Dewpoint 4.8°C
Wind SSW
Barometer 975.2 hPa & Rising Rapidly

Interesting to see that pressure has begun to rise again, I didn't expect to see that for a few more hours yet.

All appears calm again here for the moment. No rain & just a steady 30 - 40 mph breeze Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Yeah, on approach now.  ECAM message might have shown pressurisation problem, aircraft didn't go that high.

My session timed out.  Has it landed safely yet Robbie?  Desperate for some sleep but couldn't go to bed until I knew it had got down OK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

right thats shed gone

If it ends up here i'm keeping it !!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

If it ends up here i'm keeping it !!!!!!

lol, some rogue gusts which left shed leaning and panels at bottom gone, and front panel gone

will cost ya £5 lol

• Like 1

Posted

My session timed out.  Has it landed safely yet Robbie?  Desperate for some sleep but couldn't go to bed until I knew it had got down OK.

Yes it has, press F5 and session restarts. 

Posted

Definitely dying down here now, longer gaps between gusts, mean windspeed less of a roar Posted Image

Welcome aboard the madhouse, Marcula. Stay safe.

• Like 1