Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic storms February 2014

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Severe gales as far north as the IOM now, westerly 47mph gust to 69mph.

Thanks for the updates Liam - any chance of telling me where I can get a wind map (gusts) that shows later than 6pm - just want to have a look for this area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Im pretty sure i just saw a distance flash of lightning to the SW, What an interesting weather day it has been! I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 1

Posted

Just watched plane over Stockport try to land but had to put power back on and climb again looked like one of the really big planes

Emirates flight from Dubai has just aborted a landing at Manchester, looks like it's currently looping around for another attempt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

Although this has been  strong storm, the worst of the winds have tended to stay out on the far west coast or on higher ground. Should tend to ease in the next hour from the west.

Still no match for some of the storms we get up here in Shetland, we quite often get 100mph winds during winter and can have now power/phones for days. This winter has been quite exceptional up here. 

• Like 4

Posted

Although this has been  strong storm, the worst of the winds have tended to stay out on the far west coast or on higher ground. Should tend to ease in the next hour from the west.

Still no match for some of the storms we get up here in Shetland, we quite often get 100mph winds during winter and can have now power/phones for days. This winter has been quite exceptional up here. 

But you are used to them, it's be like a man from Antarctica telling a Canadian how warm their winters are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Gfs is showing no real end to the rain next week. Wst about other models. Still very strong gusts in cardiff

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looks like it maybe on the way down here still gusting 60 mph but the average has dropped gradually in the last half hour.

Posted

Why is it so hard to get a weather forecast on the Met site? Is it just me? I know I am thick.........I would just like to see a weather forecast for the next two or three days for the UK. You'd think that would be easy enough. I don't want to see a forecast for just my location!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Just Breaking from GMP

Manchester City's Premier League clash with Sunderland at Etihad Stadium is called off by police for safety reasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Manchester airport roof has blown off , planes struggling to land in the uk

Where you getting the news from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Just Breaking from GMP

Manchester City's Premier League clash with Sunderland at Etihad Stadium is called off by police for safety reasons

Hopefully Arsenal loose, means we stay top for a while Posted Image

Edited by Robbie Garrett
  • Like 2

Posted

Broke on the news a couple of mins ago, confirmed by First Transpennine: #firstTPe Managers to assist: Manchester Airport closed after falling glass and barriers (not ours) blowing ab..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Why is it so hard to get a weather forecast on the Met site? Is it just me? I know I am thick.........I would just like to see a weather forecast for the next two or three days for the UK. You'd think that would be easy enough. I don't want to see a forecast for just my location!

This one says London but its easy, there are a number of options, just click the one you want, map, text forecast.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/city-of-london-greater-london#?tab=map&map=SignificantWeather&zoom=8&lon=-0.08&lat=51.51&fcTime=1392184800

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow...

Still fairly quiet Eden valley Cumbria, gusty but nothing too bad, wind seems to pick up for a while and then go quiet again, heavy showers and then clearer skys.

Looking at the met office app looks as though it will pick IP in the next couple of hours

Interesting to see what we get here stuck in a valley between thelakeland and Pennine fells.

Posted

Broke on the news a couple of mins ago, confirmed by First Transpennine: #firstTPe Managers to assist: Manchester Airport closed after falling glass and barriers (not ours) blowing ab..

I'm sure it's the train station roof at Manchester Airport that's damaged rather than the airport itself.

Posted

Part of the railway station roof blown off, Airport itself isn't affected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looks like it maybe on the way down here still gusting 60 mph but the average has dropped gradually in the last half hour.

Scrub that ti was having a 35 minute breather. Just had a 69 mph gust average back up to 39mph

• Like 1

Posted

To be honest, not that bad here in Wigan Greater Manchester, just feels like a  gusty wet and windy autumnal night, and its seems to be easing now,  reports of a tree down about 3 miles from here in Ashton, thats about it. To say I am just on the edge of  a RED area its a bit of a no show, certainly had much worse a few years ago,  not a twig twitcher , more a branch swayer this one