North West Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iand61 get those emergancy chairs out.

I'll get them out at the same time as the snow shovel and sledge.You never know we might be needing them, sleeting up here last time I looked.
  • Like 2

It looks rather severe though nothing will beat the storm of 2007 (January?) when we got a 100mph gust which caused lots of damage!

Probably the last really severe winds to hit the North West and a storm which claimed lives across the region.We certainly don't want a repeat of this but if the models are to be believed, Wednesday could be a wild one.
  • Like 1

The only thing we're guaranteed to get tomorrow is weather but, as usual the devil will be in the detail.

Personally I'm going for a slight slushy covering up here at best but happy to be proved wrong with an absolute dumping instead.

• Like 1

In terms of the showers tomorrow, I think only the northern half of the region into Cumbria will really benefit. Being a SW'erly the Welsh mountains tend to get in the way for the rest of us. But I guess we can hope that there are some really meaty showers around that gives most of us something.