North West Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just checked outside and much of the ice has thawed.

Thanks a lot reality.

It's been steady at 4 C overnight here. Rising even more now, I'm a bit worried about that. Still dry here, must have been virga.  

I currently reside in Cottingham, Nr Hull so I'm expecting severe gales tomorrow. I just hope you guys across the country keep safe and are prepared, will be very rough for you lot around the evening period. 

• Like 2

I think the situation has changed and it is Diane Oxberry that is behind or out of date.Nothing on UKMO 12z, Euro4 or GFS 12z suggest anything.So I suspect nothing will happen.

As I feared last night. By the sounds of it not lot happened anyway. Edited by Weather-history

Local bbc forecast rain, sleet, snow, wintery showers, hail, gales, severe gales gusts 80mph in prone areas....everything but kitchen sink over next 36 hrs

Local bbc forecast rain, sleet, snow, wintery showers, hail, gales, severe gales gusts 80mph in prone areas....everything but kitchen sink over next 36 hrs

Ps eventhough last nights showers died a death bbc graphics had snow/ sleet over parts for today.... As does the updated website graphics

Kirkwood....blizzards over pennines later.....graphics looking like quite a bit of snow over northern hills around 300m

Gfs going for the same....65-85 mph and precip turning to snow from 4-6pm....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Mornin all, currently dry here, no snow overnight. 994mb and steady atm, and 3.6c and 78% humidity. Watched the beeb forecast with my first coffee of the day, not looking good for later. I need to get out and make sure there are no potential missiles lying around outside

• Like 2

Yesterday's mini tea time Snow shower proved to be the only one here, still at least we've got a very interesting day ahead today!

The easterly beast as roared from a distance on the model thread again, worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 3