Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Wow I'm just on lunch on the wind has really ramped up, first time ever I have actually been concerned about my safety there are thing blowing evrey where.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

not surprised.Be some crossing that! I remember back in the late 90s i worked on Liverpool to dublin ferries.A night crossing that should have taken 4hrs took over 11!!!! it was awful.I left 3 weeks after that :) I honestly thought i was going to die

I went on lpool to belfast sailing in storm force 11 once. It was the worst journey and it was my birthday too and i spent the whole time throwing up. Never again !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I went on lpool to belfast sailing in storm force 11 once. It was the worst journey and it was my birthday too and i spent the whole time throwing up. Never again !!!

Try doing the Portsmouth Bilbao route in rough seas. The bay of Biscay is interesting!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

A ship off coast of Ireland has recorded winds of 110 mph !!!!! They must be mad being out in that !!

Edited by Miamay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Sun out here winds have eased

yeah mate, I worked on the seacat, wasnt good for roll in bad weather at the best of times but in storm force winds it was horrendous.Lost two engines sailing over in the foul weather.I vowed never to work on it again after that.The whole boat was destroyed inside,fridges in the bar fell down.All duty free stock was destroyed,thousands of pounds worth of vodka etc.It was a horrific journey

A ship off coast of Cork has recorded winds of 110 mph !!!!! They must be mad being out in that !!

mental! gotta do what ya gotta do though i guess

• Like 1

Posted

quite mental here atm big trees on park bending about big trees at that.

Posted

Just been in garden. It very windy and cold. Have put garden furniture away and ornaments safe in shed

Posted

I have locked my catflap. they are not going out tonight. they would be blown off fences and under cars. no way.

• Like 3

Posted

Crossed the atlantic on qe2 in december 1998.... The captain put out announcements we were heading into a storm with wind gusts of 120 mph....we werent allowed on deck or near windows for four days....we had he said winds of beaufort 14-15. We lost power shortly afterwards and were drifting for 12 hours in extremely high seas....lots of people were injured by furniture falling over... I remember me and my mum and one of my brothers being only people to go to dinner one evening when power came back on and just watching all the tables and chairs move two or three feet one way then the other....the curtains would open and close with each roll. One night, before it got too bad and wed lost power, my mum had a jug of water on her table, her draws opened jug fell in and draws closed... Was one trip i definately wouldnt do again and especially in winter.... Remember getting off in new york and walking felt very strange after seven and a half days of walking on a ship that was violently rolling...

• Like 1

Posted

Watching Kay Burley on sky live in Staines. Sheis absolutely drenched. They keep losing their signals

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Calm here but cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Sunny and very calm right now defiantly calm before the storm but this is what catches people out they look and go oh it's ok nothing to worry about go out then on way home get hit by it

• Like 2

Posted

Winds notably more gusty now since the clearance - I expect the window will be brief with showers ganging up to the west.

• Like 1