Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Widespread structural damage, e.g. roofs blown off, mobile homes overturned, power lines brought down.

Risk to personal safety from flying debris.

Potentially widespread and/or prolonged interruptions to power.

Expect widespread transport disruption due to e.g. roads blocked by fallen trees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Never seen a red warning for my part of the region...

add to the mix the stupid gfs also shows snow for later on that will be some blizzard

on a serious note take care all this is going to get bad

C.S

Posted

Got the generator, jet boiler, candles, torch, and provisions at the ready here and i'm just in the amber warning (for now). Never underestimate the potential of these storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Got the generator, jet boiler, candles, torch, and provisions at the ready here and i'm just in the amber warning (for now). Never underestimate the potential of these storms.

True. With all the rain the ground is saturated trees will fall easily. Stay safe people 

Posted

seriously contemplating an early dart home.I work in liverpool usually but am in Blackburn today,Its only a small hop down the m65,m6,m58,m57,but theres a lot of exposure there and really dont fancy that at 5pm! Do you think this justifies me leaving work early to get back to liverpool,genuine question?

Really difficult one this........on the one hand its a red warning that means take action there is a risk to life.....and the action you want to take is to leave early, miss the worst of it and help to keep the roads clear at what could be a damaging time...very sensible....on the other hand life has to go on....last red warnings I remember where for ice.....everywhere was like a skid pan...i watched cars crashing from my window...rang to tell my employer I wasn't happy driving...I was told I had to get in...he wasnt being awkward it was just there were financial implications to me being off....can you imagine if every nurse doctor, policeman, petrol pump attendant went home.......

In short what do you do...what would be the implications of you going early. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

A reporter on Sky in Dorset has actually reported sleety rain.

Edited by pip22

Really difficult one this........on the one hand its a red warning that means take action there is a risk to life.....and the action you want to take is to leave early, miss the worst of it and help to keep the roads clear at what could be a damaging time...very sensible....on the other hand life has to go on....last red warnings I remember where for ice.....everywhere was like a skid pan...i watched cars crashing from my window...rang to tell my employer I wasn't happy driving...I was told I had to get in...he wasnt being awkward it was just there were financial implications to me being off....can you imagine if every nurse doctor, policeman, petrol pump attendant went home.......

In short what do you do...what would be the implications of you going early. 

i work in the facilities management mate.This is my second site as well as my regular one in liverpool.I guess as long as i have everything like security,cleaning etc in hand then theres nothing that cant wait until my next visit early next week.Im available on email and by phone so really shouldnt be an issue.Going to speak to my boss about half two after a meeting to see if he has any issues with me leaving about 3ish

• Like 1

Posted

Wind just starting to pick up here. We are sending our staff home at 3pm, most of them are local but better safe than sorry.  I then have to drive back down the M6 to Preston.

Edited by Snow free zone
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

Merseyside is well within the red warning especially for the coastal areas as the wind is coming directly westwards later this afternoon -please take care the met office very rarely issue red warning as 90 mph winds are not nice . Remember the graphics on the website are not a direct cut off- just because you are the other side of the line been drawn doesn't mean your not going to have 90 mph winds-they don't stop at the line!!-it's like those people who think they are safe in an emergency situation by standing the other side of the police tape!!

• Like 1

Wind just starting to pick up here. We are sending our staff home at 3pm, most of them are local but better safe than sorry.  I then have to drive back down the M6 to Preston.

going to do the same myself mate.Im leaving at 3.To be honest i dont care what work says,thats secondary.I can deal with a ticking off ,if it means im in one piece!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its really bad here already with the wind! And getting heavy downpours of rain and some snow mixed in,,gone really dark now too and cold !

Posted

Haha lol my son is watching tinga tales and i just heard this elephant say 'theres a big storm coming, quick we have to tie everythung down!' Freaky eh?

• Like 7

Posted

Weather warning for snow and blizzards too....met just updated

Thats for Cumbria :)

Posted

Just looked at the meteo site for Wigan and it has the max gusts at 59mph around 6pm. I hope they are right I don't much fancy facing winds stronger than that :(. good luck and stay safe every one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just seen weather warning. Hope my conservatory stands up to these winds. Stay safe everyone and be careful if going out x

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Winds have reChed 100 mph in Cork !!! Sky news covering the storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

wow! deffo leaving early.cant be arsed with taking a gamble,no point. 100MPH in cork insane that!

At the end of the day is your life more valuable than your job is the way to look at it job will always be there what's not done today can be done tomorrow will you ? As for emergency services that is what they are there for and paid well to do the same rules don't apply to them I know I'm ex forces and had to do things in conditions no normal person would want to Anyway rant over lol
  • Like 1