Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Residents in N Wales and Merseyside should take this warning seriously.If current imagery and data is correct, sting-jet conditions could potentially deliver gusts in excess of 100mph anywhere in this region this afternoon.

Travel should be avoided and arrangements for early closures, etc may be warranted.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Snowing here!

Actually it's sleet, my bad.

Edited by Backtrack
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Snowing here!

No it isn't. Posted Image Too mild.

Edited by pip22

Posted

I'm still expecting the red warnings to be brought further inland more towards the Cheshire Plain and N/Pennines within the next couple of hours, MetO have the strongest winds too far west for what the majority of models are going for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Meh...doesnt even look that severe

I suggest people listen to the advice given by the Met Office and not silly comments like that....A Red 'take action' severe weather warning for wind has been issued,this is the highest alert level for a storm that will be extremely dangerous giving a risk to life !post-10773-0-21873400-1392204837_thumb.jKeep up to date with the latest information at http://bit.ly/1ePHbJuOur infographic explains what to do during a severe weather warning for wind http://bit.ly/1bLQvrWStay safe please ! Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 3

Posted

No it isn't. Posted Image Too mild.

Sleeting mate, big flakes mixed with the rain

I'm still expecting the red warnings to be brought further inland more towards the Cheshire Plain and N/Pennines within the next couple of hours, MetO have the strongest winds too far west for what the majority of models are going for.

Nah I think it's spot on, coastal locations almost certainly in danger, further inland although they'll be very strong, I think amber is enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

At the minute Wirral is under amber but if the red should be more east than we will be right in the firing line - won't we?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

At the minute Wirral is under amber but if the red should be more east than we will be right in the firing line - won't we?

Unlikely though thankfully.

seriously contemplating an early dart home.I work in liverpool usually but am in Blackburn today,Its only a small hop down the m65,m6,m58,m57,but theres a lot of exposure there and really dont fancy that at 5pm! Do you think this justifies me leaving work early to get back to liverpool,genuine question?

Edited by theskyatnight

Posted

Hi CP - No one in work is taking me seriously - I just say "wait til later"  - they will be sorry then lol

Posted

seriously contemplating an early dart home.I work in liverpool usually but am in Blackburn today,Its only a small hop down the m65,m6,m58,m57,but theres a lot of exposure there and really dont fancy that at 5pm! Do you think this justifies me leaving work early to get back to liverpool,genuine question?

Most definitely and shame on your employers if they don't let you.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Yes Wirral will stay under the amber warning, due to shelter from the Welsh Hills.. however on the coast, ie Moreton/Meols/Thurstaton/West Kirby, you could still see gusts up to 60-65mph. Elsewhere in Wirral, inland a little, more like 45-55mph gusts?

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Expecting the worst of the winds early evening period here - Trans pennines routes could be atrocious with snow in the mix.  Probably will stay in amber inland but take care for those in the 'red' zone!

Posted

Ah right - Thanks SP. May still take an early dart myself - just to be on the safe side.  Stay safe everyone.

Posted

Yes Wirral will stay under the amber warning, due to shelter from the Welsh Hills.. however on the coast, ie Moreton/Meols/Thurstaton/West Kirby, you could still see gusts up to 60-65mph. Elsewhere in Wirral, inland a little, more like 45-55mph gusts?

Large underestimate there Ste!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

its raining heavy here with odd 1 or 2 flakes of sleet in there.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Large underestimate there Ste!

I personally dont think so.. Wirral is protected by Wales to the SW so most of the very strong winds will be avoided.

However northwestern Merseyside; Crosby and Southport will bear some brunt!

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Posted

I personally dont think so.. Wirral is protected by Wales to the SW so most of the very strong winds will be avoided.

However northwestern Merseyside; Crosby and Southport will bear some brunt!

I don't think the hills will offer much protection this time, south westerly is usually a harsh direction for us (Cheshire) at least. This event looks bad.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its very windy now with rain and sleet mixed in.

Ive filled a few flasks with hot water, lol packed all my candles up yesterday! Ready for moving house..

Charging phones and that up now...

Probaly filled my flasks too early...but will keep the kettle hot ready to replace

• Like 2

Posted

Getting very windy here now, just had a gust of 40mph.. house is creaking a little, trees are swaying etc etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Going to have to get a sandwich for later after the football because I might not be able to cook anything, this is going to be a stonker for wind, especially on the coast but im not sure I can afford to have my freezer go off, plus its not a patch on snow, anyway bye bye people further West!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Getting really gusty here gusts exceeding 60mph from a SE'ly direction.