Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It's really wild here.....wind, rain, grey skies. The Orwell looks really choppy as well. I thought this rain would have eased by now. I was trying to figure it out by the radar. ( oh, hurry up weather book, do) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hope everyone is safe. Im disgusted on how people are being left to deal with this themselves watching sky news im truely shocked and as someone just said "and this is great Britain! ? " Still im not going to get into politics.. back to the weather its still raining it still grey and ive still had enough of resembling a half drowned rat!

Nothing to do with flooding, but on Saturday afternoon at 5pm I noticed a heavy oak branch which had broken off its tree and was dangling over the lane about 20 ft up. Called in at the property and the very rude owner said he'd phone the police... when I wanted to park my car with hazard lights on until they turned up, he told me to "push off" (but ruder than that). I didn't trust him so phoned them myself at 5:30pm giving them the correct address and post code. I also emailed Neighbourhood Watch who passed my message on to the Parish Council, again giving the correct address.

At 10 am the next morning the Parish Clerk ambled up the lane had a look and called the police again who this time turned up to finally deal with the branch which, by this time, had been hanging over the road for 18 hours and could have fallen on passing motorists or walkers at any time. The authorities are hopeless. Broken Britain.

PS Is there anywhere you can get a reliable local wind speed? My husband says it's 22 mph but I reckon it's a lot more than that.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nothing to do with flooding, but on Saturday afternoon at 5pm I noticed a heavy oak branch which had broken off its tree and was dangling over the lane about 20 ft up. Called in at the property and the very rude owner said he'd phone the police. I didn't trust him so phoned them myself at 5:30pm. And emailed Neighbourhood Watch and the Tree Warden.

At 10 am the next morning the Parish Clerk ambled up the lane had a look and called the police again who this time turned up to finally deal with the branch which by this time had been hanging over the road for 18 hours and could have fallen on passing motorists at any time. The authorities are hopeless. Broken Britain.

Not good, when a problem is reported but not delt with, might have helped a bit if the land owner there cared enough to get the situation sorted. I'm glad the branch didn't hurt anyone in the end, but if it did in this case I think the land owner should have been held accountable. There is no excuse for leaving a danger that you have been told about there that could hurt people.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

All fun, very wet here in East London (2 Miles from Stratford Olympic Park), its wet, and just had some hail, no wind just yet will keep an eye out, looks like some SNOW moving across our region overnight from around 2am-6am , followed by heavy rain/thunder 8am wed onwards, OH JOY. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

well its blowing an absolute hoolie here,coupled with alot of cats and dogs and some rather large poodles on the roads and fields,when will it stop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Hello. Long time no post.

Cloudy, cold but the sun is poking through the clouds. And there are some heavy clouds!!

Posted

Totally agree all these rookies in the storm thread saying this that and the other about the Northern shift ETC..

It does no favors for us.. as the rain is still there, 50-60mph gusts (enough to cause a few issues) on top of the flooding already!

A lot of those "rookies" were right in that the strength of the wind would lessen and be less destructive for the SE as a result of the storm tracking further north which you said you couldnt see happening. There are rookies and rookies. Even the professionals get it wrong sometimes eh ?? 

• Like 1

Posted

well its blowing an absolute hoolie here,coupled with alot of cats and dogs and some rather large poodles on the roads and fields,when will it stop.

Eh?? :)

post-13593-0-74959700-1392121177_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Are we supposed to get more rain later on today?

My vue only recorded 2.4mm of rain.. Posted Image

Wondering if the nearby tree is catching most of it Posted Image

Anywhere where I can see local rain totals?

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

You are subscribed to London & South East England for Met Office.

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England : Oxfordshire valid from 1415 Tue 11 Feb to 1000 Wed 12 Feb

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

promised now this wont happen as we have a yellow warning lol

• Like 2

A lot of those "rookies" were right in that the strength of the wind would lessen and be less destructive for the SE as a result of the storm tracking further north which you said you couldnt see happening. There are rookies and rookies. Even the professionals get it wrong sometimes eh ??

Wrong, I said I wouldn't buy it till later on today as I know hoew quickly things can change. And like I said, fair play to them.. It's a very quick changing pattern we are locked into where the smallest changes can make big diffrences :)
  • Like 1

Posted Image

You are subscribed to London & South East England for Met Office.

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England : Oxfordshire valid from 1415 Tue 11 Feb to 1000 Wed 12 Feb

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

promised now this wont happen as we have a yellow warning lol

It's amazing how they can now get it down to a countyPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Absolutely atrocious conditions on the M2 today So much standing water along with constant buffeting with that wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Check my post last night.. Mentioned it and everybody was oblivious to it :)

I took it on board last night Surrey, I was dreading driving across town to a meeting just off Hove seafront this morning. The wind was incredibly strong, Now in between meetings and it's calmed right down again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Nothing for Essex from the MET, sigh Posted Image

hey we just on that line so dont give up just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Hello all, in Lincoln again today, all I can say is what a blizzard I've experienced almost out of nowhere! Unfortunately it has now turned back to sleety rain. I'm so glad I've actually seen some snow this winter. Sometimes the short term timeframe can throw up the biggest surprises! Any snow down south anyone?