Just been informed that TFL are looking into closing Underground (All Routes) from 4pm

Announcement to made at 3

Not waiting til that happens

Advised to go home now

Are they expecting the rain to flood the system?

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on there twitter feed. Who advised you of that JAB?

Trying to find out as this is what work were informed by communication centre here

Looked on TFl et al and as you state, nothing anywhere

Caused a bit of a panic here and looks like a mass walkout

Packing up now and going home

Dont get free half days often so taking it while I can

Edited by JABWootton
  • Like 1

Horrid outside,very windy and heavy rain,lights flickered a few times.Hope everyone stays safe,I'm currently at home looking after poorly daughter so I can watch from the safety of my house x

Is the worst supposed to have happened by 3, not relishing picking my primary school child up in this, and worried about the older 2 getting back alright. They are sensible most of the time and I can't be at 2 places at once.

Its tipping down now

Winds whipping up now as well

Little tip with the models

Do not look past 120 at present

Working out the low tracks on a short time span is hard enough

Back later on leak patrol again

John

Is the worst supposed to have happened by 3, not relishing picking my primary school child up in this, and worried about the older 2 getting back alright. They are sensible most of the time and I can't be at 2 places at once.

I wouldn't think it would have passed by three, particularly in the east.

Think I should message my daughter who's 17 and at an academy in Central London to maybe start heading home soon, would hate her to be stranded in London if c2c pull trains - am I overacting or would u do this too?

I don't think you can be too safe with this odd weather, what's the worse that can happen, she misses a couple of hours of classes?

Here I'm not sure if i'm hearing wind or thunder, if its wind its making an odd rumbling noise.

• Like 2

I don't think you can be too safe with this odd weather, what's the worse that can happen, she misses a couple of hours of classes?

Here I'm not sure if i'm hearing wind or thunder, if its wind its making an odd rumbling noise.

thats probably the approaching tsunami........Posted Image

• Like 1

Interesting reading the reports on the February Atlantic Storms thread. :o

This is going to be a real headline maker. Could also be stranded people by blizzards in the north of England this evening.

Perhaps this week is the super unsettled period going out with a bang? :unsure:

Lights flickering here, rain lashing down.

Looked outside my office at 1pm (In Craven Vale, on exposed Hill by Racecourse, Brighton) Could hardly stand up against the wind gusts, Icy rain. Made a judgement call and left to work the rest from home.

Just been informed that TFL are looking into closing Underground (All Routes) from 4pm Announcement to made at 3 Not waiting til that happens Advised to go home now[/quoteWhere did you here this?

And so begins the internet rumours. Here in Central London its a bit rainy and a bit windy. Much like the previous 3 months :-)