Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Thank you to Tamara, JP, Surrey and others for their continued reports and models.

I am actually starting to understand things now lol

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

If Saturday morning's storm continues it's progress, we might well notice some!

Definitely keeping anEye on it fella

Posted

Thanks to Tamara and John who  provide really understandable and useful posts. Looks as if we have some awful conditions to come still :(  Find it unbelievable that the MOD thread still cold and snow hunting with all this going on .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
Thats some seriously high trousers going on.Still windy here, just cycled four miles home against it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

winter so far in london, snow fall= 0 snow level= 0 snow flakes= 0 depression= high intrest in weather =waining

• Like 1

Posted

Getting more rumbles and flashes here, but remaining dry and relatively calm otherwise so far. Lots of small but obviously rather active blobs heading up now from the SW. As indeed JP said they would. Dover / Folkestone should be getting some too, as well as NE Kent

Posted

JP am I right if the track of the low is to change, that will either be by it filling or deepening

Posted

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

ecm at 144

Posted Image

looking pretty good for a match there

now at 168

ecm shows this

Posted Image

although normally i would not want to see the azores coming into play

i would be happy to see this

at least that would be dry

fi here at present

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Getting 16 tonnes of sand sent here tomorrow free of charge from work THANK THE LORD!

Our office is on fordbridge road lower sunbury, I have had to drive from Croydon -isleworth then onto the office I also went to Staines, I feel sorry for you all, luckily for me I can drive home and my house s not effected , I hope the water levels drop and you begin to get back to normal, I am back over Friday again to office, good luck surrey hope the sand works
  • Like 1

Posted

JP am I right if the track of the low is to change, that will either be by it filling or deepening

hi jimmy

correct

so tomorrow nights fax should really tell us exactly what to expect

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

ecm at 144

Posted Image

looking pretty good for a match there

now at 168

ecm shows this

Posted Image

although normally i would not want to see the azores coming into play

i would be happy to see this

at least that would be dry

fi here at present

I think many of us would gladly take a ridge of the Azores high now, John; I for one would greet it with open arms, and I'm not (yet) affected directly by flooding.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Had an interesting day helping my friends in Egham, Surrey build up sandbags around their house. The Army showed up to help which was nice and lots of sand was delivered, about 100 people came out to help themselves. Their road, as are so many in the Staines/Egham areas, is a lake. With the BBC saying we could get a month's worth of rain this week, the outlook is rather worrying! Had a lot of rain today, some squally gusts and one big bolt of lightening with v loud thunder! That made everyone laugh as people started screaming about an apocalypse...though the laughter was a bit nervous.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Looks like we dodged the bullet in our neck of the woods today, it sounds horrendous on the west/north west at present, saw a fax chart on the storms thread for us on Friday......not liking the look of that one bit!!!

Hope everyone caught in those strong winds stay safe!

• Like 1

Posted

Getting more rumbles and flashes here, but remaining dry and relatively calm otherwise so far. Lots of small but obviously rather active blobs heading up now from the SW. As indeed JP said they would. Dover / Folkestone should be getting some too, as well as NE Kent

You're quite right, thunder and lightening here now - thanks for the heads up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

hi saint

as that looks at present yes

however still another day for that to amend still

lets hope the jet does what that shows as it will get even more messy

if it keeps its power when the storm arrives

And thank you JP. Didn't mean to leave you out of the fulsome praise going to Tamara. You're both ACE Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

More hilarity on sky - reporter is standing in the middle of Blackpool in a gale, saying how bad it is, suddenly something gets blown up to him out of camera shot - sounded like a tin can - its really loud and I think it wacked him on the ankle - he jumps in shock!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

More hilarity on sky - reporter is standing in the middle of Blackpool in a gale, saying how bad it is, suddenly something gets blown up to him out of camera shot - sounded like a tin can - its really loud and I think it wacked him on the ankle - he jumps in shock!

Just finished re-reading 'Dispatches' by Michael Herr - thoroughly recommended - (and who wrote the screenplay for 'Apocalypse Now')...

When you read what ordinary freelance reporters went through in Vietnam at places like Hue during the Tet Offensive or Khe Sanh, under almost constant mortar or sniper fire, yet still filming, taking photos and interviewing, you realise how utterly pathetic these people are.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2