main rain band is passing through

but looks likely troughs will be in the mix later on as well

this again can cause localised stronger gusts

keep safe

that wind out there is very gusty now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

oH NO Posted Image

Just spoke to my mum on the phone, the lake at the back of my house is at "critical" they had someone from Cemex come over and drill into the ground and see the ground water and it started spewing out the hole, within the next 48 hours we are expected to be flooded :'(

With rain coming Friday and Saturday I am really worried now!

Play this out take from the  Basement Tapes - Bob Dylan and the Band. Funny thing is I was playing it over and over again all Christmas with a feeling that something was coming... Crash on the Levee.

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just had a look at this on the radar.  Looks like I am in the firing line of it - Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk!!!

If you're in the firing line - I'm in the centre of the target - I'm 10 miles south. hey ho.

I'm looking at the radar and when it hits, I'm going out there and I'm going to make my husband go out there too — he didn't believe me until he noticed he'd been looking at the knot speed not mph.

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind seems a lot calmer now, looked at radar and that squall looks to miss here, wondering though if another may be starting further south, I hope not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Hi! Just down the road from you in Ockendon. Was just thinking the same until the wind just howled round the house. Good job I'd already laid the wheelie bins down. Looking brighter atm but need to go out shortly to pick up daughter from college. I hope the knock on effect from the bridge being shut isn't too bad yet.  

Hi good to have someone on here nearby who I can relate too, yes your right the winds started getting very gusty here in the last 20 mins or so I wonder if we'll get that squall line that Surrey was referring to?..

Posted

Suns out in Central London which makes a nice change from the mirk of the last few hours. Nothing exceptional to report here though. Groundhog day for the last few months.

Thoughts with those out West who genuinelly are suffering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I see Aberdaron, on the NW Wales coast has reported a sustained 81mph, gusting 106mph.

That would be very scary!

Considering most of us won't have even seen 60mph gusts here. :o

• Like 1

Posted

Suns out in Central London which makes a nice change from the mirk of the last few hours. Nothing exceptional to report here though. Groundhog day for the last few months.Thoughts with those out West who genuinelly are suffering.

Sun is out here now too and winds seem to be easing off a tad, however the Met Office have now issued an early Yellow wind warning for Friday night into Saturday emphasising that South East England is expected to feel the full force of the next storm coming in early prediction indicate widespread inland gusts of 60-70mph so stronger then todays 50mph and over 80mph on exposed south facing coasts!

Posted

I see Aberdaron, on the NW Wales coast has reported a sustained 81mph, gusting 106mph.

That would be very scary!

Considering most of us won't have even seen 60mph gusts here

Worst storm I've experienced here was in October 2000 when we had gusts upwards of 75mph peaking at nearly 90mph.

• Like 1

Posted

Friday into Saturday looks pretty rough as well

Yellow early warnings out for South East, it looks to be more exclusively our region!

Posted

Having seen the news about the M25 being flooded around J9 I left the office about 2:30 and although it was very difficult driving conditions with loads of spray, by the time I got to the scene the rain had largely stopped and there was no flooding on the anti-clockwise side.  I am now writing this from the car park on the top of Reigate Hill where I have decided to pull in to see what's happening at a bit of altitude and to allow me a view south towards Gatwick and (normally) well beyond. The last 15 minutes have been quiet but it is now absolutely hammering it down.  The wind does not seem particularly strong, although I am slightly sheltered despite being at 230 metres asl

It is now hailing.

I had hoped to get a coffee here but the café has clearly decided to abandon operations for the day!

I'm working here for a little while yet so will report anything interesting (weather-wise!)

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Hope you are all safe and dry still, when that line passed through here it was quite something, very dark, very windy and sideways heavy rain...

...and like a button had been pressed at 15:00 the rain stopped and instead like magic the sun and blue skies appeared, still very windy though, and cloud and showers have returned since, seen some significant surface water on the roads and plenty of evidence the wind has been strong with branches, rubbish bags and bins scattered across some roads locally.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

might catch the bottom of that squall here?