Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Really scary here now, trees won't survive much longer. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Oh man that was mental..

easy an 80mph gusts watching a line of trees snap in half in the distance JESUS! watch the back edge of the band that was the scariest thing EVER!

PLEASE PLEASE watch this!!!

Posted Imagesting.jpg

PLEASE tell me your exaggerating or taking the jaffa cakes? Trees snapping in half seriously?... this isn't Florida.

• Like 1

Posted

been pretty nasty on east kent coast, gusting nearly 60mph with horizontal heavy rain, seems to be easing a little now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just been out in it walking the dogs, or rather 'flying the dogs' I thought the little one was going to take off like a kite. He kept looking at me doubtfully as if to say, "Mummy, it's not that great out here is it? Why can't we either go in the woods or go home?" Because I'd get killed by a falling tree, dear I told him.

Then an almighty gust — I'd say about 55–60 mph — literally stopped me in my tracks. So I just got the wind and rain to my back and walked right across the middle of this field, got the dogs inside, got some wood in and stripped — everything below my knees apart from my wellies was drenched.

Now we've got sleet mixed in with graupel and rain — it was stinging my face. Wind's got to be in the sustained mid 40s. Interesting though I've never been out in a wind like that in this neck of the woods.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Winds easing off a touch here now still blustery though, unless it's just a lull.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!!

Kate Burley just said the same :p

Posted

Then an almighty gust — I'd say about 55 mph — literally stopped me in my tracks. So I just got the wind and rain to my back and walked right across the middle of this field, got the dogs inside, got some wood in and stripped — everything below my knees apart from my wellies was drenched.

Amazing how this covers so much of the country, a friend near Blackpool has just told me that when she went out, she could barely keep her feet under her it was so windy.

Here the rain has begun, very heavy drops, wind stronger now.

• Like 1

PLEASE tell me your exaggerating or taking the left trouser leg? Trees snapping in half seriously?... this isn't Florida.

Nope just text my girlfriend to say I thought I was going to die on my way back from the shops.. One of the most scariest things I have ever seen in weather Would be when im fetching milk for the teas at work!

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Oh man that was mental..

easy an 80mph gusts watching a line of trees snap in half in the distance JESUS! watch the back edge of the band that was the scariest thing EVER!

Posted Imagesting.jpg

Sounds like a nasty squall line.  Wondering whether it's heading this way.Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Watching sky news they are saying that there is now high lkelyhood of damage and loss of life - also ninety miles an hour recorded inland, they didn't say where but i guess wales as they also said the electric was off there and across the midlands

Posted

Nothing of note in Central London. Raining and a bit gusty.

Hoping Saturday might be a bit more interesting around these parts. 

Abit gusty have you been asleep?  It was roaring here about an hour ago, 50mph or more probably more persistent and notable then St Jude was to be honest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

PLEASE tell me your exaggerating or taking the left trouser leg? Trees snapping in half seriously?... this isn't Florida.

He's not exaggerating. I saw a whole plantation of pines snapped like matchsticks and their trunks were over 15" diameter.

oH NO :(

Just spoke to my mum on the phone, the lake at the back of my house is at "critical" they had someone from Cemex come over and drill into the ground and see the ground water and it started spewing out the hole, within the next 48 hours we are expected to be flooded :'(

With rain coming Friday and Saturday I am really worried now!

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry to hear that Surrey :( You all sandbagged up? Do you have any drains/manholes etc yo uhave to block up to stop water coming out of them into your house?

My parent's fences are going one by one now. They're trying to send me pics but keep having momentary power cuts and no Internet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Winds easing off a touch here now still blustery though, unless it's just a lull.

Hi! Just down the road from you in Ockendon. Was just thinking the same until the wind just howled round the house. Good job I'd already laid the wheelie bins down. Looking brighter atm but need to go out shortly to pick up daughter from college. I hope the knock on effect from the bridge being shut isn't too bad yet.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

Oh man that was mental..

Posted Imagesting.jpg

Just had a look at this on the radar.  Looks like I am in the firing line of it - Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

All calmed down here ,still a bit gusty but the rain seems to have stopped,was a wild afternoon but not as bad as I thought it would be ,which I'm glad about.I hope everyone who has been hit hard is safe .

Posted

This was from the squall line a couple of weeks back...

post-11069-0-60601600-1392219020_thumb.j

• Like 1