Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Birds seem a bit spooked even though its not bad here, they are flying about and crying, I've just had to go and cuddle them and reassure them, i think they feel it like they say animals do in advance.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Can't say it's particularly any more windy or rainy than usual here in Medway at the moment. Are we missing it?

The main event is  north of us thankgoodness.

Posted

Well, the jouney home from work should be interesting later...  don't think I'll bother with a brolly!

Wind really picking up here now - just praying southeastern trains are still running later.  On the plus side, the crane that has been outside my window the past few months has been moved.

Stay safe all - wish I was at home snug on the sofa with a hot chocolate!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Very windy and wet in whitstable not sure how strong gusts are shall be finding out shortly when I do school pick up :-/

Posted

A dead tree (we call the lightning tree) that has been in the field behind my parent's place in Wexford for god knows how long has blown down and gone across the field! Their power is going on and off atht moment too.

Very nasty looking radar echos above Oxford right now!

What part of Wexford are your parents in Steve?

G

Posted

Well, the jouney home from work should be interesting later...  don't think I'll bother with a brolly!

Wind really picking up here now - just praying southeastern trains are still running later.  On the plus side, the crane that has been outside my window the past few months has been moved.

Stay safe all - wish I was at home snug on the sofa with a hot chocolate!

knowing SE trains they are probably running bad now. room for two on the sofa? Posted Image

bex heath line not looking good L-A http://www.journeycheck.com/southeastern :)

Edited by MAF

Posted

knowing SE trains they are probably running bad now. room for two on the sofa? Posted Image

bex heath line not looking good L-A http://www.journeycheck.com/southeastern Posted Image

Plenty of room on the sofa - I'm stuck at work! Posted Image

But agree about SE trains - think I'll be refreshing their web page as the afternoon draws on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Winds have picked up quite a lot here in the last 20 minutes. Close to gale force, with heavy rain. Windows creaking a bit.

Very strong winds over Ireland now. I guess the worst is starting to move into Wales at this moment too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

just home after walk with my doggie. he loves it! and its soooo wet i took a bottle of shampoo out with me. hes had a walk and a bath at same time Posted Image

pressure down to 980. heavy rain. gusting winds around 40 mph, and chilly too Posted Image

you didnt?! haha

its not the rain that concerned me, its the huge trees dropping their branches. I don't think her doggies would've liked to have one of those on their noodles

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Birds seem a bit spooked even though its not bad here, they are flying about and crying, I've just had to go and cuddle them and reassure them, i think they feel it like they say animals do in advance.

Cuddling birds Jenny?  Am I missing something here?!

Very gusty here now - most unpleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Well I can't vouch for other people's experiences as we speak but things are pretty atrocious here the wind is really starting to squall and howl got to be gusting 50mph+ I'd say and the rain is lashing down and being blown horizontally, still we should all consider ourselves lucky that we live in the sheltered corner of England because I certainly wouldn't want to be in the RED warning zone Wales and NW England right now where their experiencing 90-100mph winds!  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Yes, suddenly the MetO are forecasting hail for me too at 3PM - which I didn't expect. Currently the rain has eased off but there are still some massive gusts of wind. Shall be glad when the kids are home from school!

Well, they were forecasting hail - it's changed back to heavy rain now - which will it be? Will find out soon enough as it's getting dark again...

Edited by kate1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!!

Has the wind ramped up a notch during that?  sounds like you might be experiencing an intense squall line perhaps even a sting jet.

Posted

Cuddling birds Jenny?  Am I missing something here?!

Very gusty here now - most unpleasant.

They are my pet birds, they like being cuddled.

Haha were you thinking I was out in the garden cuddling wild Sparrows? That's a great image.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

My accommodation just shook :O

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Had some thunder and lightning at around 5am this morning which woke me up. Currently, very wet and windy although I think the rain is starting to ease off now.

Edit: As soon as I posted that the heaviest rain of the day is falling, absolutely torrential.

Edited by jamesslater93