Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

And so begins the internet rumours. Here in Central London its a bit rainy and a bit windy. Much like the previous 3 months :-)

Hmm ... was trying to quote the London Underground closure rumour above but am clearly useless!

Edited by Reevesie1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I've sent text to daughter saying head home and as per usual no reply, amazing really kids have phones in hand constantly but never answer phone or reply to their parents!!!!!! Weather has deteriorated dramatically last half hour rain sounds icy looks icy too apparently m25 surrey way is like a swimming pool!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

just seen the weather on tv,seeing 100mph on the tv was unreal,hope people stay

indoors and listen,really windy now with horizontal rain,looking at the rader,im just inside the brighter colours now,with lots of yellows,oranges and reds out to my west,back to work i go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Tree trunks are swaying here in Hull, I've seen branches sway but not trunks! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Still raining,wind seems to have dropped a bit and sky seems to be brightening

Posted

Is anyone else watching the sky news coverage? They appear to be loosing every reporter in every 'spot' they have them across the country. By loosing I mean the coverage keeps breaking up.

I don't think the worst has hit Ipswich yet :/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I've sent text to daughter saying head home and as per usual no reply, amazing really kids have phones in hand constantly but never answer phone or reply to their parents!!!!!! Weather has deteriorated dramatically last half hour rain sounds icy looks icy too apparently m25 surrey way is like a swimming pool!!!!

Possibly a slight over reaction, the school, and Local Authority will be making decisions based on this, so try and relax :)

Mal

Posted

Had 32MPH at my sheltered weather station at home which is a record this year - higher than any recent storms. My parent's weather station in Wexford has hit 50MPH, but off the coast of Roaches Point it's 100MPH according to xcweather.co.uk! Just spoke to my parents who have just had their power back on and she's quite scared!

Edited by SteveCoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Possibly a slight over reaction, the school, and Local Authority will be making decisions based on this, so try and relax :) Mal

She's in London at an academy not just five mins up the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Just sitting indoors with my littlest under a blanket watching out the window and some lady is standing there screaming at her dogs. Why on earth she would think its a good time to walk them in the park with branches flying off the trees I shall never know. Poor doggies :( lashing down her and really gusty

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Rain has arrived now and wind very strong. Pity the poor devils in the really bad areas. The lamp post is really swaying now and so are the young trees ut the back.

I'm reading up on 'Occlusions' and 'Sting Jets' etc. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Just sitting indoors with my littlest under a blanket watching out the window and some lady is standing there screaming at her dogs. Why on earth she would think its a good time to walk them in the park with branches flying off the trees I shall never know. Poor doggies Posted Image lashing down her and really gusty

just home after walk with my doggie. he loves it! and its soooo wet i took a bottle of shampoo out with me. hes had a walk and a bath at same time Posted Image

pressure down to 980. heavy rain. gusting winds around 40 mph, and chilly too Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted

My hat! I feel like I am about to go to war having to psych  myself up to go out the door..... Really just going to walk up to the bus stop to get my daughter from school. Be safe all ... Oh and the pox on the atlantic!

Posted

oh how i agree! both my two must have me on silent for my number. :nonono: yet when they call me and i answer them but cant do what they want me to do (like pick them up) they get annoyed :rolleyes:

rain easing a bit, but radar showing another band over SE

• Like 1

Posted

QE2 bridge has now been closed, means just the tunnels so chaotic travel!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

QE2 bridge has now been closed, means just the tunnels so chaotic travel!!!!!!

grrrr woolwich will be at a standstill soon then :( and i got hospital appt at 15:00

me thinks its time to go there now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Disruptive

Regarding the Underground Situation

This is what I was informed at work and nowhere else

I always obtain info from TFL or Twitter Feeds

This info came from our communications office and NOT anywhere else

Everyone has gone from here as used it as an excuse to get home

Hope I havent spooked anyone with this as it was nt my intention

I assume that if TFL say anything regarding the underground it will be on these boards in a flash

I get the tube from Moorgate and everything seems normal apart from the platforms being rather full for 2-30pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Can't say it's particularly any more windy or rainy than usual here in Medway at the moment. Are we missing it?

Posted

A dead tree (we call the lightning tree) that has been in the field behind my parent's place in Wexford for god knows how long has blown down and gone across the field! Their power is going on and off atht moment too.

Very nasty looking radar echos above Oxford right now!

Edited by SteveCoops