Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Definitely the storm of the winter so far, although we will be a fair distance from the worst of it, so it shouldn't be too bad here. Any ongoing rainfall looks to be the biggest issue, as any rain is unwanted in the flooded areas.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. All ready for the next onslaught? It's windy here but not too bad and it's bright but sky bluey, pearly grey overcast. Oh...and it's dry and with a hell of a wind chill. :O

Hope everyone stays safe. Don't take risks however tempting it is to be in on the excitement. And my thoughts are with all you people who are in the flood areas. Stay safe. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

river Thames gone not 4cm overnight not much I think this will go back up with todays rain

Yes with the rain today and on Fri/Sat to come, things look pretty crap here! Hope no water has come into your house?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Morning all wind already picking up here had a bit of rain but dry for now. Typical that wind should pick during the school run !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

The rainfall graphics that are being shown on BBC breakfast news today appear to be at odds with the current rainfall echo's being displayed on the met office rainfall radar (which suggest that the rainfall in the south-east today will be neither as extensive or as intense as the BBC rainfall models are suggesting).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Sue Burrows tackling the Defence Secretary yesterday for anyone who missed it :

http://news.sky.com/story/1209672/defence-secretary-tackled-over-thames-floods

She spoke, he acted. Well done Sue and all the other volunteers and residents. Maybe the 'powers that be ' are finally beginning to get the message ?

That oak branch left hanging over my lane for 18-20 hours after the authorities had been told about it springs to mind — there's no major flooding of properties around here, so it wasn't as though they were so busy they couldn't attend to it — Saturdays seem to be away days for plod.

What exactly ARE we paying our council taxes for? What? £1,300–2,000 pa for bin collections?

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We're going home today after a 15 night stay! Woohoo!.  My daughter has had a 2 stage Scoliosis correction with Anterior Release, Costoplasty and Posterior Instrumental Fusion, with a 98% correction.

I hope we can get out of Stanmore and home before the bad weather hits. I'm so excited. I'm going to be able to look at my weather station again. Posted Image

Your daughter will be fine. I knew another girl who had the same op when she was 15 and she went on to uni and I think she's a solicitor now. She was very disabled before and this was quite a few years ago. At least some people are worth their salary in this country.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Morning all.

Currently dank and grey outside.

I have to go out between 11am-1pm am hoping this won't hit then. Someone needs to man the buckets.

Stay safe especially Surrey and stainesbloke.

• Like 1

Posted

The rainfall graphics that are being shown on BBC breakfast news today appear to be at odds with the current rainfall echo's being displayed on the met office rainfall radar (which suggest that the rainfall in the south-east today will be neither as extensive or as intense as the BBC rainfall models are suggesting).

Have you looked at the echos increasing off the SW coast ? I think it will be worse than the BBC graphics in the end - a later but stronger rain event

• Like 3

Yes with the rain today and on Fri/Sat to come, things look pretty crap here! Hope no water has come into your house?

Not yet mate but wont be long I don;t hing :(

Have you looked at the echos increasing off the SW coast ? I think it will be worse than the BBC graphics in the end - a later but stronger rain event

Also look at the Northern movement on it hanging around for longer not good :(

Posted

Husband is panicking after hearing Carol on the BBC and is telling me to pick up son early from school for the journey home down the M25. Cyprus visitors in Reading for uni interview are also on the phone seeking reassurance they will make it back to us alright this afternoon.

Only very slight breeze here in Uxbridge right now with grey skies, for a change.

Hopefully we will all stay safe today. I've got fingers crossed those wind and rainfall figures go down rather than up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Front should occlude in the SW increasing rain rates and the width of the band. The cold front is across Somerset and the warm front is just behind.

Posted

So those who said no snow last night were right.

Actually though thinking about it this morning with the feeds of the floods on Sky news and the news of more storms and heavy rain on the way, you know what?

I don't want snow any more,I just want the weather to end.And that I acknowledge is from here, a location which hasn't been touched by the floods, heaven only knows what its like to have your home flooded and have to leave.

Clear here this morning, no wind, no rain, only drizzle, so I wait to see if we get any high winds later today.

• Like 3

Posted

Winds gusting here (not sure how strong, just going by looking at the daft wind turbine in the car park). Rain has cleared away from first thing but sky is still grey and generally horrible looking.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Wind warnings have been extended on BBC news24 forecasts to cover all southern counties,not just up to the isle of wight as they were earlier.

Talk of 80mph gusting to the south of London on coasts and 70mph inland,an upgrade based on the squall line later maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Wales and North West now have a Red Warning for wind, I have never seen a Red warning issued! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

As I expected, band of rain expanding due to fronts occluding. I think about 10-20mm from this system Surrey. Higher totals being towards the Sussex region.

• Like 1

Posted

We're going home today after a 15 night stay! Woohoo!.  My daughter has had a 2 stage Scoliosis correction with Anterior Release, Costoplasty and Posterior Instrumental Fusion, with a 98% correction.

I hope we can get out of Stanmore and home before the bad weather hits. I'm so excited. I'm going to be able to look at my weather station again. Posted Image

Great news Chilly!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

What does a northern movement mean exactly?,the amber warning for the bottom of the country should it move further up now?cheers x