Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

nice

northern lights and snow Posted Image

Thats superb, beautiful and quite serene - I needed that.  Thanks :-)

• Like 1

Posted

Really not liking the look of tomorrows rain now here are some pics of my garden at the weekend..

Surrey,

You might wish to check out this link. http://www.jungleseeds.co.uk

If you do a search you will find they sell several types of rice seed.

Edited by Habsish
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Just read that tomorrow's storm is called Tini, which happens to share the same name as one of my delinquent cats..

Just looking at my Wx station, currently quite clear and cold at the moment, plenty of snow showers up norff tho, temp is sitting at about 4 with pressure rising?. Not for long I'd imagine, the bottom will fall out of it once this system turns up. Wish I'd recorded all the low lows now, think the Xmas eve eve was the lowest for us here.

Either way I'm just hoping that everyone keeps safe, that the transport infrastructure doesn't fall to bits and from a total Imby perspective, my poor fence doesn't finally give up the ghost.....

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Cheers guys, it kinda hits home when it happens because you never really think it will happen to you and it does! But people don't understand that do they? Well some people don't love you guys hug anyone?

Hugs Surrey. xxxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Cold and dry here for now, not really been out though (only made it as far as the bin in the garden)

Really not liking the look of tomorrows rain now here are some pics of my garden at the weekend..

Surrey,

You might wish to check out this link. http://www.jungleseeds.co.uk

If you do a search you will find they sell several types of rice seed.[/quote

]

Quality this had me laughing ;) fair play :) love a good old bit of banter.. Wait? You being serious? :p

Thanks for the sympathy people, sand bags here tomorrow, just in time maybe? Trench being dug soon to to use the soil. Fort knox will look like a sad castle compared to when I've built my walls!!!!!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Just got a suspicion about tomorrow's storm.  The various models are suggesting gusts a tad stronger for our region than the MetO is on their website.  We shall see,

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry to see that people ate being affected by the floods over here now - really hoping things improve for you soon.

Can't really understand people still looking at every model for a flake of snow now - sure the  last thing that people wading around in feet of water want now is snow. A mild,dry spring cannot come soon enough - fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

oh Surrey your poor garden :( its a quagmire :(

bless you! I hope it doesn't get much worse, I'll have everything crossed for you. I'd definately move anything valuable to you off the floor just incase. 

Some real nasty weather to contend over the next few days...again! It was really bad today, I'd say worse than anything we've had since the end of Octobers storm. Bins were being blown down the road today. Maybe it was just the direction of the wind that made it seem worse, whatever it was it was not pleasant. I'm not venturing out tomorrow that for sure. Stay safe everyone 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

There is no forecast of snow for the South East tonight

Yes there is, it is minor and trasitory as the front passes overnight and may give a chance of wintry precip, it may not happen and if it does it is short lived but it is there and has been in regional forecasts.

• Like 2

Posted

heres the fax charts for friday-saturday and sunday

Posted Image

saturday

Posted Image

sunday

Posted Image

the low on friday has been shifted further west and comes in at an angle which would reduce the rainfall for here

still rain but less

however want to do this tomorrow to be a bit more confident

hi isabelle

i am still looking for snow

reason mainly is if we get the conditions for snow

9 out of 10 times it will be a lot dryer

also note sunday is a very cold chart but more on that tomorrow

• Like 4

Posted

Yes there is, it is minor and trasitory as the front passes overnight and may give a chance of wintry precip, it may not happen and if it does it is short lived but it is there and has been in regional forecasts.

A few showers creeping in to the west country heading East, rain /snow atm Edit Tand L reported too.

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

oh Surrey your poor garden :( its a quagmire :( bless you! I hope it doesn't get much worse, I'll have everything crossed for you. I'd definately move anything valuable to you off the floor just incase.  Some real nasty weather to contend over the next few days...again! It was really bad today, I'd say worse than anything we've had since the end of Octobers storm. Bins were being blown down the road today. Maybe it was just the direction of the wind that made it seem worse, whatever it was it was not pleasant. I'm not venturing out tomorrow that for sure. Stay safe everyone

Another member that seems to have missed the 23rd December into Xmas eve wind event in the SE? It was much worse wind wise here than October.I'm starting to think that some folk were so full of 'festive cheer' they missed it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder, sunny days

Friend in Cornwall just posting on facebook that they have thunder and lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Posted Image  Hello all.....Extraordinary picture: River Wye emergency plug has officially been pulled, flood water levels dropping. "Sink hole"?????

Posted Image

Birth of UKstorm now, in Atlantic... rapid cyclogenesis.. to be repeated again on Friday

Posted Image

Ireland cyclone landfall at 956 mb Wednesday at 12z -- storm to hurricane conditions along southern coast

Posted Image

Posted Image

If its not the Daily Express, Then you can always try The Independent...Jeez there full of joy.

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Oh another storm tomorrow I see. God only knows, how many is that? We have been lucky - largely unaffected - only our old outhouse roof and side blew away like a badly glued down toupe. Its getting tedious now, almost bizarrely normal.

Commiserations to those under the threat of flooding. You get all the way to here, within a spit of Spring, and it looks the most  threatening due to groundwater levels - they could pop up anywhere. Hope we all get away unscathed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A flood warning remains in place at a caravan site near Northampton with heavy rain forecast to fall in the town tomorrow.

Following a rise in the level of the River Nene, the Northampton washlands near the Cogenhoe Mill Caravan site were used to store water last week to protect nearby properties.

The Environment Agency has said river levels are expected to remain high for the next few days as the washlands empty.

Further showers are forecast for today and tomorrow and the situation is being monitored by the Environment Agency.

Firefighters in Northampton have been assisting crews in Surrey and helped rescued three people by boat on Monday.

Mike Lewis, station manager at Pitsford Hall Weather Station, has forecast heavy rain in Northampton throughput most of Wednesday.

Mr Lewis said: “The overnight rain will turn heavy once again through tomorrow morning, accompanied by a strong south-westerly wind. In fact, it won’t be until the evening that we see the rain clearing and the wind beginning to moderate.

“Highs tomorrow will climb to around 7C, but again it will feel much colder in the wind. Lows overnight will fall to around 2C. Thursday should provide something of a window on the weather. It should remain largely dry, just the odd shower through the afternoon, and the wind will ease back to a gentle south-westerly. Highs of 7C, falling overnight to 1C.â€

http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/flood-warning-in-northampton-remains-with-heavy-rain-predicted-1-5869307#PhotoSwipe1392158904075post-10773-0-19748600-1392159372_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It's been a busy day here in flood-hit Staines. Am amazed at how quickly the waters rose and whole sections of the town have become inundated. Community spirit really great, but where are the authorities? Sandbags only been delivered after the water arrives. My place ok, my Mums place has raw sewage coming up from the drains outside so she may be evacuated soon. Never seen the Thames so high, all the rain coming this week really makes me despair!

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

heres the fax for 6pm tomorrow

winds still strong

however looks like the rain may clear somewhere around this time

that is a shade better than the earlier charts rain wise

also note the trough in the atlantic

if that crosses overnight we may something wintry

-------------------------------------

tomorrow looks like

cold start