Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all, lets see if I can actually post something now, internet been on and off for the last hour, i guess bad weather somewhere although its not too bad here, a little windy and drizzly, a little chilly.

MKSnowangel I hope you feel better soon.Southernman is back in hospital with a bad chest infection which is worrying, I guess those are the joys of having a partner who is twenty years older.He really hasn't been at all well this winter and this damp weather doesnt help at all.

I saw the sky weather forecast this morning and I was really struck by how much it had changed since yesterday, they are now warning of the winds and they have snow over me for tomorrow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Revised graphic from the met office showing the most likely track of tomorrow's low.....

post-10773-0-40698100-1392113379_thumb.j

And this one gives an estimate of further rainfall totals up to midday on Saturday ...

post-10773-0-11319400-1392113478_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

MKSnowangel I hope you feel better soon.Southernman is back in hospital with a bad chest infection which is worrying, I guess those are the joys of having a partner who is twenty years older.He really hasn't been at all well this winter and this damp weather doesnt help at all. 

Thank you JJ - I had a much better night, I think the antibiotics are kicking in now and I've got my toy boy (mr P - he's actually only 5 years younger btw) at home today on his day off to look after me :-) sorry to hear Southernman is back in hospital, hope he gets well soon :-) I don't think the damp helps at all - I felt so healthy in the warm sunshine while we were in Lanzarote and haven't felt right since we got back to the UK
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Jo Farrow's blog post says it all, really.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=5674;sess=

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Morning all, lets see if I can actually post something now, internet been on and off for the last hour, i guess bad weather somewhere although its not too bad here, a little windy and drizzly, a little chilly.

I saw the sky weather forecast this morning and I was really struck by how much it had changed since yesterday, they are now warning of the winds and they have snow over me for tomorrow.

Same as Jenny.... my husband is twenty years older than me too. Yes he has suffered too this winter... finding this weather really hard.

Raining and horrible here.

Edited by Sidsnake

Posted

Sorry to hear of the chest infections rearing their ugly heads, and best wishes to MKSA and JJ1's other half.

Not much point reporting the weather, read any other post!

We left half an hour earlier for the school/work run in an attempt to beat the flood avoidance traffic through Kingston; this worked excellently until we got to Hampton where a 45 minute wait to go 1 mile greeted us. The reason? A hole was being dug in a road reducing the traffic to one lane. I can only hope this was a water-related hole vital for all our welfare, otherwise the wisdom of holding up already swollen traffic on the same day that communities are pulling together to maintain homes, life and infrastructure might be called into question. Yes, I am a bit grumpy with it all. Can't imagine what our Cypriot visitors here for their son's university interview must think of the British weather - might put him off completely!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

It's wet windy and cold ,current temp is 7c but feels colder . To be honest had enough of looking out the window at this dark dreary weather,I think we are all lacking in vitamin D hence the germs .Lets hope summer is a good one .

Posted

Same as Jenny.... my husband is twenty years older than me too. Yes he has suffered too this winter... finding this weather really hard.

The hospital have been moving patients to all different wards in order to try to fit them all in, they say its a really bad winter for admissions.Everyone seems to have a bad cold or something at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted

Lets hope summer is a good one .

Well at least if it's still raining it will be warm rain :-)It's going to be a long time before things dry out properly so I think we will be squelching around in mud for a few months yet.. ...and by then we might be being eaten alive by mosquitoes !
  • Like 1

Posted

Anyone who has sky on, more areas flooded this morning, lots of cars trying to leave the affected areas, just terrible, i can barely believe what Im seeing and that this is in England, it looks like something which would happen in places where they have the monsoon rains.

I hope some of our regional posters are ok as they are mentioning areas that they come from, in particular Staines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

It is really miserable here, just like everywhere else. It's been raining heavily since the get go this morning and in the last half hour we have had the odd strong gust of wind. Temp is currently 6.5 . Have had to put all the lamps on just to cheer myself up.

Cats are refusing to go out at all today- they have had enough too!

Watching the news, I just feel so desperately sorry for all those in the West Country as by the looks of current projections, they are gong to get really hammered again, more so than here. The pictures from the Thames have been awful too.

One wonders how long it is going to take for all this to eventually dry up as the underground water levels must be full to capacity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I don't like the look of the end of week low tbh. It could be a real rainmaker to my eyes. :(

• Like 1

I don't like the look of the end of week low tbh. It could be a real rainmaker to my eyes. Posted Image

Steve, was just about to say the same thing... 

Coming up from the south it will have a lot of moisture in with it... Indeed could well be over 24 hours of rain with it as it just hangs about! Posted Image

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted

I am so over this winter now. Piddling with rain and just had an almighty gust of wind. I know I should probably post this in moaning thread but there is a north south divide creeping in on there and at least here people understand where I am coming from.

• Like 3

Posted

Steve, was just about to say the same thing... 

Coming up from the south it will have a lot of moisture in with it... Indeed could well be over 24 hours of rain with it as it just hangs about! Posted Image

How is the flood in your garden, Surrey, it was very close last time I saw you had mentioned it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

My god it's wild here.

Wind is absolutely howling, has got be to at least 60 mph gusts here alopng the South Coast.

has the feel and sound of a proper storm, where as tomorrow looks like a leaft rustler down this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hope everyone is safe. Im disgusted on how people are being left to deal with this themselves watching sky news im truely shocked and as someone just said "and this is great Britain! ? " Still im not going to get into politics.. back to the weather its still raining it still grey and ive still had enough of resembling a half drowned rat!

Edited by hernebaylooby
  • Like 5

Posted

Check my post last night.. Mentioned it and everybody was oblivious to it Posted Image

No, I saw your  post about it, and you were right, the main media seemed to have ignored it, and are only talking about it today.Woah the light bulb just blew with a bang and frightened me.

Hope everyone is safe. Im disgusted on how people are being left to deal with this themselves watching sky news im truely shocked and as someone just said "and this is great Britain! ? " Still im not going to get into politics.. back to the weather its still raining it still grey and ive still had enough of resembling a half drowned rat!

I wonder where all these cars are evacuating to? being as it will be some time before they can return home?

Posted

Check my post last night.. Mentioned it and everybody was oblivious to it :)

Met O 5 day data had always picked it up fair play to them. They have been pretty much spot on this winter. Oh and anyone saying we won't get anything tomorrow they are still predicting 60 mph gusts along the south coast late afternoon.

How is the flood in your garden, Surrey, it was very close last time I saw you had mentioned it.

Got some pics will up load later and compare them as I suspect it has come up more now due to todays rain.. Really not liking the look of tomorrows deluge and then Friday/Saturdays could bring the Thames near me well over 5m high!!!

It is creeping right up now not nice and really scary, at work atm and they want me to go up to London now! I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad!

Met O 5 day data had always picked it up fair play to them. They have been pretty much spot on this winter. Oh and anyone saying we won't get anything tomorrow they are still predicting 60 mph gusts along the south coast late afternoon.

Totally agree all these rookies in the storm thread saying this that and the other about the Northern shift ETC..

It does no favors for us.. as the rain is still there, 50-60mph gusts (enough to cause a few issues) on top of the flooding already!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind got up about an hour after my last post and it's raining, glad tomorrows storm looks to be heading north, wish it would take the rain with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Morning all

Absolutely AWFUL here, pee'ing hard and the wind has really picked up too. Not looking forward to walking out in that :( 

• Like 1