Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Lol drinking wine normally improves my spelling, grammar and punctuation ...well the first bottle anyway then it can go a bit down hill from there onwards !

Well on second. So, let off then lol

Will be a very interesting few weeks, especially when all this water hits clay soils further downstream.Actually would not be surprised if somewhere underground started springing a leak 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

lol dodged 2 and drowned 1315 farmers. Think I prefer the proper version of this game though.lol dodged 2 and drowned 1315 farmers. Think I prefer the proper version of this game though.

Oh dear......I dodged 0 barriers and drowned 850 farmers. :O
  • Like 1

Posted

Really helpful when friends and family are struggling with the devastation of floods - almost as helpful as closing threads after an in depth view of the week ahead. Apologies a little stressed.

But it's how many people cope with a national crises. A bit of light hearted nonsense. It does no harm really, and I think, going by many posts on these forums, we are all very very concerned for the victims of the floods. And after all, people made jokes and sang and danced their way through the horrific bombings in WW2. It helps when stressed and worried.
  • Like 7

Posted

All the regional threads are run for approximately 40 pages (with the exception of the one before last for this region which went on a bit) it depends when myself or another team member are available to do this but we always link to the previous thread to make it easy for people to catch up and we try to time it around model runs and JPs fax charts etc where possible but myself and the rest of the forum team who are all unpaid volunteers do have lives to live outside of net weather !

Hey Paul,

Understand stressful, maybe should give MK a break, do get paid to give your chip a say??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's ok I think we are all a bit stressed out and or under the weather at the moment - I obviously need my medication and bed (I currently have bronchitis so not really feeling my normal happy self this week )

I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, some of you don't like being asked not to go too far off topic and others object to a bit of lighthearted relief in between all the serious stuff - we just have to try and strike the right balance and get a happy medium so we can all enjoy using the thread so let's just leave it there and not let this one go off topic discussing it - thanks :-)

• Like 6

Posted

Crazy loud thunder here really deep sounding scared me a little bit

I woke up just before 2pm and noticed it appeared to be very dark outside. 10 minutes of heav rain stopped as soon as it started then there was just one long, really deep rumble of thunder. I have heard more thunder here so far this year than I did in the whole of 2014. What a winter.

Catching up with all the latest news on the tv and I am struck by the apparent very different responses given to 2 villages less than 3 miles apart. Last night the scenes were of 40 foot articulated lorries carrying sand bags arriving in Datchet, where troops and navy personel were busy building up the defences, that's a good thing. Meanwhile though Wraysbury has been left to get on with it and the community there are getting no outside help at all.

I realise the help can't be everywhere at once, but to me it's noticeable that efforts have been concentrated on a very affluent and picturesque village ( Datchet ), whilst Wraysbury has been all but abandoned by the powers that be. Shame.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I woke up just before 2pm and noticed it appeared to be very dark outside. 10 minutes of heav rain stopped as soon as it started then there was just one long, really deep rumble of thunder. I have heard more thunder here so far this year than I did in the whole of 2014. What a winter.

Catching up with all the latest news on the tv and I am struck by the apparent very different responses given to 2 villages less than 3 miles apart. Last night the scenes were of 40 foot articulated lorries carrying sand bags arriving in Datchet, where troops and navy personel were busy building up the defences, that's a good thing. Meanwhile though Wraysbury has been left to get on with it and the community there are getting no outside help at all.

I realise the help can't be everywhere at once, but to me it's noticeable that efforts have been concentrated on a very affluent and picturesque village ( Datchet ), whilst Wraysbury has been all but abandoned by the powers that be. Shame.

Perhaps more Borough or County councillors live in and around Datchet than Wraysbury... do a bit of detective work.

When British Rail (of old) were cutting back services - trains not stopping or fast trains changed to stopping trains up the Waterloo-Portsmouth and Southsea mainline, Haslemere (the station I used) was spared. Reason? We found out the CEO of BR lived nearby and used, yes you've guessed it, Haslemere for his commute to work.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2

Well according to the radar the rain is on it's way and whether it's true is presently showing freezing rain around the wash area, not very warm outside at 3.7c although on the rise.  I see on the weather last night there was mention of a dusting of snow overnight (think it was tonight) which may have changed since then, will the snow depth cup have a chance to be testedPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Well according to the radar the rain is on it's way and whether it's true is presently showing freezing rain around the wash area, not very warm outside at 3.7c although on the rise.  I see on the weather last night there was mention of a dusting of snow overnight (think it was tonight) which may have changed since then, will the snow depth cup have a chance to be testedPosted Image

I sall  be on guard wit my trusty ruler at te ready. Im gonna win tis ting :)) Damn guess wic key isnt working on my keyboard :(

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all.

Another wet day ahead by the looks of it. I don't understand some of the north vs south stuff going on. What happened to showing a little bit of empathy for those affected by the current flooding situation.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Quite a sunrise here, but it looked like it might have been better just before it started. I thought the shield of cirrostratus might have lit up brilliant, but it didn't really happen. 

Never mind; probably the best sunrises happen with a mix of clouds anyway, with imho the best ones having cirrocumulus and / or altocumulus in the mix.

Have a good day everyone and best wishes and good luck to anyone with (potential) flooding issues. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all agree with captain comment above. All one country. It's started raining here and breeze has picked up. Chilly rather than cold. Stay safe all..

• Like 2

Posted

It's raining again, in Reigate. Now I wasn't expecting that! Really want to get out and start cycling again but most of the tracks I go down are mudfests at the moment. Still that's a pretty minor issue compared with the threat of being flooded out or actually being flooded out.

Posted

Morning all,

Wet and very windy here in Brighton. Quite high up here and getting the full force of the wind off the sea.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

There are still 16 severe flood warnings with a "danger to life", according to the Environment Agency.

Fourteen of them are for the South East with another two still in place for the South West.

South East

River Thames at Chertsey including Chertsey Lock, Abbeychase, Chertsey Bridge Road, Thames Close, Hazelbank Road, Mead Lane and Bridge Wharf

River Thames in the Shepperton Green village area

River Thames at the Littleton Lane, Chertsey Road and Pool End areas of Shepperton Green as well as Dockett Eddy, Dockett Point and Pharaoh's Island.

River Thames at Hamm Court including Shepperton Lock, Hamhaugh Island, Hamm Court Estate and Dorney Grove

River Thames at Laleham and Penton Hook including Penton Park, Laleham Reach and Laleham Abbey, Staines Road, The Broadway and Thames Side

River Thames at Staines and Egham, including Pooley Green, Thorpe Lea and east Egham

River Thames between Runnymede Pleasure Grounds, Staines and Penton Hook, including Hythe End Road, Bell Weir Lock, Holm Island, Church Island, Truss Island and Penton Hook Lock areas of Staines

River Thames at Horton including Horton Gardens and Kingsmead Quarry

River Thames at Wraysbury village including Welley Road, Ouseley Road, Station Road and Staines Road, as well as Magna Carta Lane

River Thames from Old Windsor Weir to Magna Carta Island, including Ham Island, The Avenue, Park Avenue, King Johns Close and Friary Island areas of Wraysbury

River Thames at Old Windsor including Church Road, The Priory and around St. Lukes Road, Burfield Road and Straight Road

River Thames at Old Windsor from Friday Island to upstream of Magna Carta Island including The Friary and The Moorings areas of Old Windsor

River Thames at Datchet village, including Slough Road, Eton Road, Horton Road, Southlea Road and the Datchet Common areas

River Thames at Datchet, between Black Potts Railway Bridge and Albert Bridge, including Supermead Ait, Datchet Golf Club

• Like 1

Posted

There's a strange horizontal line in the channel where the weather below is markedly worse than the weather above... I assume the netweather radar uses sources that might be outside of the UK and so could have different calibrations or is it actually a sharp weather front?

post-10957-0-52587000-1392108757_thumb.j

Posted

Mornin each. Tipping it down in Ippy and it's very cold and quite windy. Did want to take Nipper out and do a bit of shopping, but....nah, don't think I'll bother. :O

Have a good day and try and stay dry and above all......stay safe. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Beautiful red sky this morning at about 6am, and then it just clouded over rained. :(

• Like 2