Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your meteorological musings in the South East and East Anglia region...

link to the previous one here....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79352-south-east-englandeast-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-070214/page-40

and for an idea of what to expect over the next few days... 

post-10773-0-84109900-1392039850_thumb.p

..more of the same I'm afraid Posted Image

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1392163200

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Hmmm. Look East forecast still calling for 20mph winds on Wednesday & Thursday.

I actually wonder whether they take a 24 hour average in coming up with those figures. Pretty useless information in my opinion, if that's the case, as a potential severe gale won't be flagged...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Posted

Met Office warnings still rolling out, now some Amber warnings for wind for the South West extending East as far as Hampshire at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I can see them amber warnings updating to red if this storm remains the same as it's modelled. 

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

interesting latest matrix has now gone amber for wind for the southwest....

In response to Ketish previous post in  the other thread i do feel sorry for the poor people in Kenley and around that area. I have heard and i am sure that Kentish or Yams can update us here the overflow next to the dump in purley has been sandbagged to stop potential overflow. Being a croydon boy all of my life bar 3 years i am shocked at this awful thing happening

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hmmm. Look East forecast still calling for 20mph winds on Wednesday & Thursday.

I actually wonder whether they take a 24 hour average in coming up with those figures. Pretty useless information in my opinion, if that's the case, as a potential severe gale won't be flagged...

From Tamara's excellent post in the last thread and the charts she provided, it's more than double that wind speed at 46 mph (40 knots) on Wednesday… the SE & EA had 4-barbed arrows = 40 knts. And the isobars were so tight, you could hardly see the outline of the UK under them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2

Posted

With more storms lining up in the Atlantic ready to give us another hammering, there really does seem to be no end in sight, is this the sort of thing that we are going to see more of I wonder....

"A householder near Cambridge says she has had to hire an outdoor toilet after raw sewage flooded her garden.

Anglian Water said rain water had filled up its pipe network causing overflows in Waterbeach.

Suzy Kay said she was advised not to use her house's facilities and has hired a portable toilet as a result.

The water company said its engineers were working to prevent flooding of homes."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-26112671

Here is the all important flood line information for those concerned about further flooding, with more rain in the coming days……

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31618.aspx

• Like 2

Posted

With more storms lining up in the Atlantic ready to give us another hammering, there really does seem to be no end in sight, is this the sort of thing that we are going to see more of I wonder...."A householder near Cambridge says she has had to hire an outdoor toilet after raw sewage flooded her garden.Anglian Water said rain water had filled up its pipe network causing overflows in Waterbeach.Suzy Kay said she was advised not to use her house's facilities and has hired a portable toilet as a result.The water company said its engineers were working to prevent flooding of homes."http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-26112671Here is the all important flood line information for those concerned about further flooding, with more rain in the coming days……http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31618.aspx

Well done for posting that aerial shot of Walton-on-Thames yesterday MKA.

Sky have only just caught up with you and only now are screening shots of fire persons (I'm sooo pc) and reporters wading through 3 foot floods in the town.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Crazy loud thunder here really deep sounding scared me a little bit

• Like 1

Posted

Wow, come over really dark here at London Southbank - would be surprised if we didn't get some heavy rain soon (and fingers crossed a rumble or two of thunder!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Absolutely lovely day north of Peterborough. Warm sunshine, light winds. Even saw some flying insects out and about. Daffodils, snow drops and daisies lining the roads.

Posted

Yep. VERY DARK.

WOW! I've never seen a sky like that (in daylight). Never. Keep safe.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Blimus!!!!! It sounds like Armageddon going on. (Stormaggedon) it's watery sun here with pale grey sky and Battle ship grey clouds.

Posted

Something a brewing in Stanford le-hope, dark skies looks stormy

post-10773-0-86960400-1392045350_thumb.jThe Daily Excess are going for a Valentines Day Massacre :http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/458921/Weather-warning-Latest-forecast-models-show-NEW-monster-storm-to-smash-into-UK-THIS-week...I thought it was Wednesday we needed to be worried about!!
  • Like 3