Sign in to follow this  
A.J

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

Short timelapse of the squall around 2pm over the city

• Like 4

Very Gusty now, it sounds like planes taking off.... just a permanent ((((roar)))) The warnings are beginning to come in line! The worst of the winds from tea-time in to the evening.

Winds might be easing slightly here. Max gust around 67mph.

Yes Dancer, it's certainly roaring here gusting 73mph already with heavy sleet, the worst will be around 9pm here..

Temp 4.6c

Dp 0.8c

Wind Chill -1.3c

• Like 1

Yeah lights flickering here. Getting the torch ready.

• Like 1

Power lines down and set on fire at Crewe train station, station evacuated and all trains cancelled. 

Powerlines down in Wolverhampton. 

back to work tonight and typically its stormy once again

Not a great night to be working outside, especially working with artic lorrys! 

Fun fun fun

Wind really whipping up here, stay safe everyone!

• Like 1

Still along way out yet! but there are some beefy showers just South of Milford Haven, S'Wales... I wonder if they've got our name on them? Even better if there wintryPosted Image

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

They look the type that wont travel well to me :) Not cold enough either

Just touched 80mph here a heard a few branches crack ,, I think we will beet 83 T.M ?

Edited by Polar Maritime

Lost a couple fence panels to the wind this afternoon. One was smashed to pieces,

I'm sick to death of replacing fence panels this year! :-(

They look the type that wont travel well to me Posted Image Not cold enough either

You maybe wright there. but they have forecasted wintry showers this evening! How far they get in land and how wintry they are, Hmmmmm well we will seePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Wow..also considering Aberdaron is 76mph mean! Gusts 100+

For shawbury that's the highest gust I`ve seen on XC map 76mph and its low ground,its reached higher in the past I expect before the internet came out.Its hurricane force at aberaron.

After a slight respite for a couple of hours, the winds really seem to have cranked up a notch here once again. Absolutely enormous gusts right now.

Bish

• Like 2

After a slight respite for a couple of hours, the winds really seem to have cranked up a notch here once again. Absolutely enormous gusts right now. Bish

Same here Bish, it seemed to have had a fag break for a bit and now picking back up once again - weirdly though, there's no damage here... then again the fence panels have been left unrepaired (as it'd be pointless) during the whole of this 5-months worth of storms. :/
  • Like 1