Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

looks like Buxton up to Snake pass Etc will be the sweet spot tonight- 2-5cms....

S

Yes, although wont last long anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes, although wont last long anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After this winter, seeing a flake is a miracle. Leave us alone and stop spoiling our fun. Scrooge is a Christmas tale, not Feb... ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

After this winter, seeing a flake is a miracle. Leave us alone and stop spoiling our fun. Scrooge is a Christmas tale, not Feb... Posted Image

Got very brief blizzard like conditions at teatime leaving about a quarter or third of an inch, I think that just about ensures that I wont be experiencing my most snowless winter ever, if we wouldn't have got anything from 0z last night until end, then it easily would have been.

Posted

looks like Buxton up to Snake pass Etc will be the sweet spot tonight- 2-5cms.... S

Thats moi...... Im a hoping..... Precip on each radar update seems heavier and more widespread.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Why is the most interesting weather all winter (snow wise anyhow), happening in the middle of the night - Grrr.

My eyes just want to shuuuuuuuuuut......

• Like 4

Posted

Im going to bed, im writing this in bed now....ill take a sneaky peak at 5 am to see...

I was in cinema earlier and came out to heavy snow at 530..... That was in ashton....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted

It's going to be rain at 80M's.

Sorry bud, but no it isn't apart from very locally.

Light snow just started here in Newark, we're about as flat as you get - with a whacking great power station heating us, too.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

We have what looks like spitty rain or sleet here currently, hope your right my friend.

Wish you luck. In any heavier precipitation I'm sure you will see snowfall as in 'marginal setups' we really are one of the least likely to come out on top in terms of PPN type falling as snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Nothing here looks like this snow was a red herring at least had snow yesterday so one out of two aint bad lol, going back to sleep now, nite guys.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well what a waste of a yellow snow warning had snow yesterday morning. As it started to settel it stopped. Then another snow/slete shower just after 8pm wich then turned to rain. Bbc had heavy snow from 3am and then lite snow, then the downgrade began to sleet. Well i just went out for a fag and there's nothing falling out out of the skys it's quite cold though.

• Like 1

Posted

See that it didn't quite work out overnight then. Never mind. We still had yesterday's events and anything overnight wouldn't have been anything better.

Ok then, off we go for today's wet and windy adventure and then possibly another chance of something wintry tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Yep no snow here either. Currently 1.8oC, can hear the wind is picking up. Stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

The curse of Shefali strikes again! Nothing here either, looks like the showers were too scattered and fast moving for snow to accumulate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Nothing again. I'm running out of hope of seeing any snow this winter now!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Nowt fell here overnight, only myself running to the toilet...

Still 45 % snow cover here.

Temp 1c

Dp 0.2c

Wind Chill -2.4c, South 12mph

Gales later and heavy rain, latest warning from METO;

Dates Warning Chief Forecaster's assessment Weather Impact Matrix

Issued at: 
0423 on Wed 12 Feb 2014

Valid from: 
1000 on Wed 12 Feb 2014

Valid to: 
2350 on Wed 12 Feb 2014

A vigorous area of low pressure is expected to move northeastwards across northern parts of the UK later on Wednesday, clearing eastwards early on Thursday. This is likely to be accompanied by a swathe of southwesterly gales across many areas which may be severe in places. Winds will veer more westerly later on Wednesday.

A first peak in the winds is likely over southern and southwest England around the middle of Wednesday but with the main swathe of even stronger and potentially damaging winds crossing parts of Wales then northern England later in the day.

The public should be prepared for the the risk of disruption to transport and possibly also power supplies. In addition, large waves are likely to affect some coasts.

This warning should be viewed in the broader context of the Yellow Wind warning.

The warning has been updated to slightly broaden the amber area, now including more of southern England, South Wales, and also into more of northwest England. Gust speeds have also been increased a little. Initially, southern and southwestern counties of England are likely to see southerly gales with gusts of 60-70 mph, perhaps 80 mph on the south coast for a brief period. Then parts of western England, Wales and northern England will bear the brunt as the wind veers west to southwesterly this afternoon with gusts of 60-70 mph widely, and gusts of 80-90 mph along some coasts of north and west Wales and perhaps northwest England. Gusts may reach 100 mph across the most exposed parts of NW Wales.  http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1392163200&regionName=em

Posted Image

And then who knows Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Light snow showers here early this morning added a dusting to what was already lying. Yesterday's snow cover remains intact ( but thawing slowly ) above 290 m.

My attention now turns to the strength of the wind this afternoon and evening, and whether or not it will exceed the gale of December 5th when there was a maximum gust of 87 mph.

• Like 1