Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Been out and about early this morning, overcast/drizzle and 6c, not a very nice start to the day! but a day of two halfs methinks.

If the afternoon comes up trumps we will see wall to wall sunshine and mid teens Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

First tiny bit of sunshine here. This cloud will take a few hours to shift, but this afternoon may well be glorious :-)

Bish

Posted

Bish....Winds have picked up (or breezy i should say) i think that will shift the clouds sooner rather that later. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sat24.com%2Fen%2Fgb&ei=__QaU4WFEaf8ygPpsoE4&usg=AFQjCNH1z_fqlkISxoH077I1JoWvHslDQQ&bvm=bv.62578216,d.bGQ&cad=rja 

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Late breakfast anyone Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Occasional glimpses of brightness here, but 95% cloud cover- and there's another mass of muck out to the west on the satellite. While France is beautifully clear- what is causing Britain to get all this rubbish? I watched the satellite yesterday, this mass of cloud encroached from west of Ireland yet there was no frontal, convective activity or even depressions nearby. Just a huge mass of muck.

Posted

Was always meant to be murky this morning, cloud burning off rapidly further South & across Wales now so I expect the sun should burn through within the hour.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

This cloud may prove more troublesome than it's worth, I suspect it won't clear away as readily as the forecast suggests. If you guys further south are struggling to get it clear, and are struggling to have temperatures responding favourably a favourable airmass, then us guys further north have absolutely no chance. At least double figure temperatures will be reached for a time, towards evening. 

I wonder how cold it will get tonight, given the temperatures are going to be lower than forecast? There could be a widespread frost.

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Yup taking much longer than I anticipated, the sun's out but very very very hazy/misty with a stiff breeze, hopefully the crystal blue skies will arrive soon!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Gloriously sunny over the Midlands now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Completely cloud covered here... come on sunshine, break through...

Posted

STUBBORN, Is the word. This cloud is been very stubborn.... How TonyH... gets the idea 'Gloriously sunny over the Midlands' well emPosted Image Very hazy here, defo not Glorious...

hopefully soon thoughPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

STUBBORN, Is the word. This cloud is been very stubborn.... How TonyH... gets the idea 'Gloriously sunny over the Midlands' well emPosted Image Very hazy here, defo not Glorious...

hopefully soon thoughPosted Image

technically is sunny, Tony right, but high cloud covering sky, but better than days like 20th Feb, 6th March and 7th March, 3 mornings of horrendous rain

Posted

Technically.... Glorious was my point! Anybody can see it's sunnyish... It's just this HORRENDOUS high cloud that's been stubbornPosted Image

If anybody has skies like this... Please come forward!

Posted ImageNow that's GloriousPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

LOL I was going by the cloud breaking on the satellite along with the Coventry webcam which was gloriously sunny! I am not actually there. 

Dont think you can complain though 14c in early March with hazy sunshinePosted Image

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted

LOL I was going by the cloud breaking on the satellite along with the Coventry webcam which was gloriously sunny! I am not actually there. 

Dont think you can complain though 14c in early March with hazy sunshinePosted Image

No worries... Posted Image I must admit it is slightly better now than it was earlier but still that high hazy cloud won't clear... Hows Wales thenPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Nice and sunny but windy max 14.8c! Thats some 5c above average.

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted

Nice and hazy with a slight breeze 14.1c! And above.... I can see the moon Posted Image

Posted

Stayed very very hazy here but high of 13.9c making it warmest of the year thus far, hopefully clearer tomorrow !

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Glorious morning here with clear blue sky's and the sun already feeling warm, temp 8.1c in sun. 

Posted

Frost and clear blue skies, and no breeze.

Posted

Why is winter still in FI, probably staying there

You have a long wait for Winter...9 months in factPosted Image

• Like 1