Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Expecting cloud and a few heavy showers this morning, Instead surprisingly the opposite, A lovely morning here with a little cloud but mainly Bright blue skies Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just got back from a walk round Gratton it's feeling warm in the sun today, lovely out after a surprise day off work. Temp 9.8c 

post-12319-0-52017000-1393855843_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

PM.....That's how this morning looked like here....Very, very nicePosted Image  Back to dark skies and rain/hail showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Wow - yet another frosty morning here. You can really feel winter coming on!

Wait...........

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ,Frost

Looked at weather forecast said dry,hung loads of washing out,it been raining since 9 O clock, when will be right!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well this afternoon looks largely fine and dry for you,

• Like 1

Posted

Well, I spent about an hour last night patiently typing out my statistics for Winter 2013/14 to share with you all (and no doubt send you all to sleep Posted Image), only to somehow press the wrong button and lose the bloomin' lot.

Instead, let's just say Winter 2013/14 was wet, windy, and didn't feature many frosts Posted Image

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

After the slight blip a nice very mild (15-17c widely) weekend now back on the cards with high pressure all through next week to :D

Back to the present and it's a standard Telford affair at the minute, 100% statrocumulus coverage and 10c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

After the slight blip a nice very mild (15-17c widely) weekend now back on the cards with high pressure all through next week to Posted Image

Back to the present and it's a standard Telford affair at the minute, 100% statrocumulus coverage and 10c.

Sunday looking dodgy, the usual cold front day, its trending east as well, I expect quite a wet day on Sunday, GFS probably correcting east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sunday looking dodgy, the usual cold front day, its trending east as well, I expect quite a wet day on Sunday, GFS probably correcting east

Where do you get these analogies from? :lol:

And why always this impending doom tat it must automatically rain?

Posted

Where do you get these analogies from? Posted Image

And why always this impending doom tat it must automatically rain?

Take your pick Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

PSYCHIC PREDICTIONS;

Ohhh, I'm getting great vibes. Temperatures should be warmer this Summer than they will be in the Winter.

Now this is interesting. For sure. There will be a tendency certainly for temperatures to be cooler at night than they will be during the day.

A see fronts. Lots of fronts for this year… and many promise to bring precipitation, I predict lot of washouts.

I see clouds, big puffy ones. These clouds will be found around thunderstorms.

I see periods of nice weather and periods of rainy weather. I foretell that rainy weather will tend to be caused by low pressure and nice weather will be tend to be caused by high pressure.

And finally, I predict clouds will move in the same direction that the wind blows them toward. Let the wind be your guide for it is the guider!Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted

I see periods of nice weather and periods of rainy weather. I foretell that rainy weather will tend to be caused by low pressure and nice weather will be tend to be caused by high pressure.

lol this reminds me of that famous clip of Jeremy Paxman reluctantly reading out a weather forecast on Newsnight a few years ago. He absolutely hated doing it, and wasn't shy in letting viewers know.

The general gist of it was "It'll be sunny apart from where it is raining, and it'll be raining apart from where it is sunny. Take an umbrella - what did you expect, it's April?!!!" Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan
  • Like 1

Posted

Seen it and i know you have....Bish... This is for others that haven't ? Posted Imagehttp://forum.netweather.tv/topic/34801-make-us-laugh/page-93#entry2940321

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like after a damp start tomorrow it's all uphill, Sunday still looking good for 15-17c widely and perhaps some large diurnal ranges next week with frosty night's and mild days.

Posted

That's it the last of the rain as go through now Posted Image So if what's been forecasted, we won't see any rain for at least 7-10 days Posted Image

I know it's hard to pin down what days will be wall to wall sunshine?

But i'm hoping to get a few days of Posted Imagewithin this dry period and with temps going to be on the warm side, It's defo going to feel like Spring is in the air Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

That's it the last of the rain as go through now Posted Image So if what's been forecasted, we won't see any rain for at least 7-10 days Posted Image

I know it's hard to pin down what days will be wall to wall sunshine?

But i'm hoping to get a few days of Posted Imagewithin this dry period and with temps going to be on the warm side, It's defo going to feel like Spring is in the air Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yep, I reckon in a few weeks time we'll remember this upcoming period as the true start of Spring Posted Image

It's currently 15.3c outside, which already makes today our warmest since late October :)

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Spring? I am still waiting for winter, anyone think I'll have to wait long? maybe until around 22nd March,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

A quite decent day... here's what I've got recorded as todays "highs".

TEMP: 15.2c (13:00)

WIND: 22.1mph (03:30)

PRES: 1028mb (22:00)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What a glorious day it was down south here in Falmouth. Sounds like it was good in the Midlands too. The forecast fills me with Joy particularly as Monday looks our only real cloudy day. Think a walk along the coast due tomorrow or Sunday. Woop! In your face Autumn/Winter (delete as applicable). Posted Image

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

Merry Hill Centre awaits you lol.

Haha will do when im back for the Easter break in 3 weeks time. :lol: Suppose its benefit is a mini heat island on the area. :lol:

Posted

No. It's called a big car-park lol.

I like car parks... :lol:

Posted

Try the M25 great heat island Posted Image was over the MH centre before crimbo, just got off the car-park..

Shopping there at midnight just before Christmas is rather surreal but rather enjoyable actually. Haha.

Just to keep this thread vaguely on topic.... there was weather back then. :lol:

Posted

Topic? Give me a Snickers anytime. Logging off Posted Image

Wispa for me please. :lol:

Night mate. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Revels? They were the best Posted Image except the coffee 'uns lol.

Adios and to (much) more of the same. LP can shove off as far as I'm concerned. Keeping it clean mind.

Totally agree about the coffee flavour! Yuk! haha. :) Indeed, a much needed change has finally arrived. First day wearing shorts for 2014 coming up today methinks. :)