Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

This snow possibility sprang up the minute I said to my fella that 'I might as well do some gardening this weekend, as we're obviously not going to get any winter'.

I should've declared that to the gods in January obviously!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I can only see snow on high ground, elsewhere just wet with maybe a little sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like it wont snow or even rain for most of the Midlands on Friday now :lol:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

This snow possibility sprang up the minute I said to my fella that 'I might as well do some gardening this weekend

If that's the case, we'll have to send over Alan Titchmarsh and the makeover team to get any chance of seeing a blizzard or two this winter....lolPosted Image ....What's left of itPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c the met's yellow snow warning they removed parts of wm where as yesterday they had all of w.midlands. Story of this crappy winter really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Nice bubbly looking cumulus clouds knocking about today with hit and miss type downpours - April showers anyone Posted Image

just had some april showers in london in february,Posted Image  my gardens is bigger than yours btwPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

There are warnings now...for yellow snow.

hey tx1 wich areas does the mets yellow snow warnings covers? I know yesterday they had all of w.midlands. Today when i last checked they removed wm conabation. As i said it's been the story of this crappy winter really. 

There are warnings now...for yellow snow.

Posted

Just Herefordshire, Gloucestershire and bits of Worcs and Warwickshire on the MO site now. But on the satellite image the low looks too far north, where it seems to be going only N Ireland stands a chance of anything, if the temperature drops. Clear here but for the umpteenth time this winter not freezing.

• Like 1

Posted

all ways the way well it is this winter takes the jaffa cakes. I knew it was too good to be true this yellow warning lark. Ah well it's the weather and it will do what it will. No matter how much shouting or how fustrated we get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

The amazing thing about this winter is that there just hasn't been any potential marginal events that have even come close to showing consistently on various charts.

Most of us are well accustomed to being let down many times throughout a typical winter, but to have so little on offer this time around is remarkable. I don't think I could even consider myself as being let down as such, just disappointed with the general pattern.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Damp, foggy and no snow here. Currently 2.4oC, dewpoint 1.5oC. Looks like any snow action is further northwest of here. Still faintly hoping for some wet snow as the system moves south-eastwards.

However I am far more annoyed I missed out on seeing the aurora borealis last night, apparently a good show? Anyone see them/get pictures?

Edited by Barbmac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

No rain or snow here, everything happening much further south. We do have thick fog though, and a current temp' of 0.7c.

Posted

Aye, a miserable wet end to winter, but at least there's no chance of a solitary snowflake to spoil the record :DIt can snow all it likes from tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

No snow, no sleet, no rain, no fog, no wind... everything's static outside... *closes curtains* *yawn*

• Like 1

Posted

However I am far more annoyed I missed out on seeing the aurora borealis last night, apparently a good show? Anyone see them/get pictures?

I had a peek outside, but I couldn't see anything unfortunately.

Persistent rain here. Temp 3.0c with a DP of 2.7c

Bish

Posted

well when i woke this morning i so happy to c rain falling out of the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Almost cold enough to fall as sleet, but that annoying snow shield is just too strong. :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yes snowchance here... Who gives a (blip) by now.... A least we had some very rare action last night! only for some i must add, this was the Northern Lights over Uttoxeter, North Staffordshire last nightPosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 5