Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I was working tonight, just driven home through the lanes and it was horrendous, lots of debris on the road, branches down, floods.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

The sound of the wind blowing down the chimney is sounding just as if we were having those really loud booming rumbles of thunder during a "proper" Summer T-storm.

Some madness happening out there...

• Like 1

Posted

Tons of damage to the garden :-( It's actually frightening atm. The house is shaking, no way can I sleep through this!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I seem to have been a little more sheltered than those further west and east thus far. Topped out at 48 and it has died down a little again. Having said that, the squalls do seem to have a habit of picking up again after a lull. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

still windy here and very gusty. Rain yesterday untill late afternoon and then few hefty showers. Just had quite a strong gust as i type. The only places had mets yellow snow warnings was northeast england, yorkshire and northwest england. I wander how these places done for snow. It's getting to the point where i just can't waight for this winter to be over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Gusts recorded so far are around 50mph or so, but seem higher? May be something to do with wind direction but defo seem bigger. Hefty showers with what sounds like small hail adding to the noise. Mention of thunder risk on the beeb earlier too.

Was going to say, TORRO and ESTOFEX both had lightning/thunder info posted earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Very wild and windy night, the gusts just kept on coming, woke up several times because I kept the cats in and they woke me, every time the wind was still blowing hard. Still very windy now. Not light yet so can't check for any damage outside. Unbelievable windiness these past two storms. I most definitely have storm fatigue.

• Like 1

Posted

Windier and wetter than yesterday; squalls at 60+mph, heavy showers. Seemed to peak around 6 am.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes another wild night Gusting 68mph, Heavy sleet now and continuing wild.. Temp 3c, S/W 19mph , Rain 11.4mm

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Last night was the wildest yet of this exceptional winter. I was fully expecting to see some downed trees when I opened the blinds this morning, but thankfully the back garden survived unscathed bar a few broken branches.

Bish

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

No further damage outside to report, thankfully. 21mm of rain yesterday, currently 5.0oC. Wind has died down to a non-frightening level!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Last night was the wildest yet of this exceptional winter. I was fully expecting to see some downed trees when I opened the blinds this morning, but thankfully the back garden survived unscathed bar a few broken branches.

Bish

Like yourself, expected to see disarray in the garden this morning with the winds been so strong during the night, surprised to see no damage at all Posted Image

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/coleshill_latest_weather_graphs.html

It's been the most windiest weather of the winter so far!  What's left of it that is... No snow events, Just can't believe it Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Yes.....agree with Bish and Dance on this one, some mighty gusts around these parts in the early hours.

For the first time this year strong enought to set off our towers 'rubbish chute horn', which seeemed to have re-tuned itself to a G+

caught the rush hour squall

Was there an agreed name for this storm?

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Yes.....agree with Bish and Dance on this one, some mighty gusts around these parts in the early hours.For the first time this year strong enought to set off our towers 'rubbish chute horn', which seeemed to have re-tuned itself to a G+caught the rush hour squallhttp://youtu.be/lvasQ4JUa1wWas there an agreed name for this storm?

wow that was the monster I drove through! Thanks Arnie
  • Like 1

Posted

Was there an agreed name for this storm?

I was about to say Tini, but that was the previous one wasn't it? I've lost track!

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Stephanie I think, Ulla maybe, but whatever for my location, just felt like a normal february day, no flooding, damage etc

worst storm I can remember was child of nadine on 23-25th Sept '12, 2 and a half days of torrential rain

• Like 1

Posted

Arnie Pie... "rubbish chute horn"... Many a moon ago i used to live in a high rise myself, Couldn't help but laugh at that, Brought back memories Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

You playing with your frisbee again triple_x1... lol Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Afternoon all

heavy rain showers passing over Nottingham at the moment..  after a quite sunny morning....

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

An hour or so of sleet this afternoon but in the last few minutes its cleared up. There's been a lot of sleet this winter but not very much snow.

Posted

An hour or so of sleet this afternoon but in the last few minutes its cleared up. There's been a lot of sleet this winter but not very much snow.

Tell me something i don't know, Just to see sleet this winter would be nicePosted Image But then again your well over 1000ft up, it must be more frustrating for you not to see much snow.

Methinks anybody over 1000 ft in Scotland have done well this winter... Lucky buggersPosted Image Us down here have been more frustrated than ever, never known a winter like it.