Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i do agree about shefali i'm not too keen on her as a presentor ither. On the weather an interesting day to say the least. Very gusty early evening here mor gusty than the afternoon. Some how i don't think this stormy spell is quite done with us yet. 

No of course not! I'm well aware she's given a script + briefing and just recites this, I don't really believe there is a curse of Shefali that governs midlanders snow fortunes!I just don't think she's a very good presenter, she comes across like she doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm not tearing a strip off her, or anything else just expressing my opinion. It's a purely subjective view as are others who may think she does an okay job.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A dusting of snow here this morning, much calmer after last nights winds touching 80mph..

Temp 0.4c

Dp -0.6c

Wind Chill -4.1c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Looking back through my records and based on maximum gust speed, yesterday's gale ranked about equal 14th in severity here over the last 30 years.

It was certainly interesting for a few hours but not in the same league as heavyweights such as Feb' 1962; Jan' 1976; Jan 1990 and Jan' 1993.

• Like 3

Posted

Bit of a dusting over the hills this morning. A few white flecks in the garden too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I think we all need a breather after yesterday's storm and we've certainly got that today, Lovely blue skies with broken cloud Posted Image

Still a little breezy though and with temperatures on the cool side, that breeze makes it quite chilly.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Beautiful sunny day. No wind to speak of,  in fact its eerily still. The clouds are building but for all intent and purpose it feels likeca spring day.

Posted

Beautiful sunny day. No wind to speak of,  in fact its eerily still. The clouds are building but for all intent and purpose it feels likeca spring day.

"No wind to speak of" You must have some shelter! No way as windy as it has been but still quite breezy here.

But then again Round two tomorrow afternoon and into Saturday night 50 to 60 mph gusts, maybe even 70mph gusts in prone areas and need i say more rain.

Tomorrow afternoon

Posted Image

Friday night

Posted Image

And into Saturday

Posted Image

Could be having warnings issued for the Midlands from the Met Office looking at this below

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Breezy and mainly sunny here so far today. Numerous gusts in the high 30s and one of 42 mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Monday is looking horrendous, rain all day from slow moving fronts, I have got off lightly so far, but next week looks the wettest of the year with slower moving fronts

Posted

It's been a nice dry day for once, with long sunny spells during the afternoon and winds gusting 37mph.  Mostly clear now, with just patchy cloud.

Temp 3.1c

Dp 0.4c

Wind Chill 1.3c

Back to square 1 tomorrow.. Then hopefully something a little dryer settled and cooler by the end of next week ? 

Posted

Monday is looking horrendous, rain all day from slow moving fronts, I have got off lightly so far, but next week looks the wettest of the year with slower moving fronts

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Lots of long nice sunny spells today, but spoilt by a couple of heavy unexpected showers that appeared out of nowhere. One at about 1430 had sleet in despite a temp of 5C. That's 40 days in a row with rain now, literally the stuff of legend.

• Like 1

Posted

Sleet shower here right now with some large flakes of snow mixed in.

That makes 3 days running here where snowflakes have fallen. That's a new record for winter 2013/14! Although...all that is is a positive in the worst possible way!

• Like 2

Posted

As tomorrow's next bout of 'dodgy' weather pushes in, be interesting to see if any more of us catch a few flakes right on the leading edge? That breeze is going to feel raw before slightly milder air pushes back in later. Could see a 12C further south.

I was looking at that myself 1c to 2c in the morning and even in the afternoon still only at 3c to 4c, it won't be till tea time before we see temps rise.

But by then it's more or less dark, so we won't notice, And by Saturday we are back to 5c with a stiff North/Westerly.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And yes regarding a few flakes right on the leading edge, The likes of TM and PM are looking good for that, Only for an hour or so though, But you never knowPosted Image

Don't fancy the wind chill.... Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Very calm and dry here, currently 2.1oC, dewpoint 0.6oC.  Carol mentioning snow over the hills as the system comes in on the BBC weather just now. Hoping for some white stuff.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

No snow fall here, Dp at 1's and 2's, temps at 3's and 4's, just plain old rain i'm afraid.

Winds look stronger compared to last night's chart!

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

No snow fall here, Dp at 1's and 2's, temps at 3's and 4's, just plain old rain i'm afraid.

Winds look stronger compared to last night's chart!

Ditto for here, just thoroughly miserable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Wet snow falling here, not settling, but big flakes falling. Wind's picking up. Temp 2.4oC. Dew 1.4oC.

Edited by Barbmac
  • Like 1

Posted

Reports of wet snow in Cardiff and looking at the bright echoes on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile it maybe coming your way Barbmac, fingers crossed!

Posted

Starting to get noticeably windier now. First pulse of heavy rain as well.

Dancer - are those the latest charts for tonight? Pretty scary looking for this far inland!

Bish

Posted

Starting to get noticeably windier now. First pulse of heavy rain as well.

Dancer - are those the latest charts for tonight? Pretty scary looking for this far inland!

Bish

The one on the right is, Its showing easily 60 mph gusts widely, maybe a little stronger , the one on the left is last nights!

If you look at the timing compared to last nights chart, the storm is around 3 to 4 hours behind, Get ready for one stormy night aheadPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Bish

as you report the rain has started to get heavier...

Also the temp is starting to drop. now at 3.7C........

And the rain is turning to sleet. In the last 5 mins I've seen great great splodges of it on my south facing windows. 

With Barb reporting snow further southwest you never know!

MIA