Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted

The wind is cranking up a bit here in Nottingham, still not much rain....

FC

EDIT Now the Sun is out over Nottingham....

Edited by frozencanals

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

3-4pm onwards watch winds start to crank up quite sharply.

Afternoon and a windy one at that!!!  Looking at, http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile ....You watch it crank up when these (showers/second band) that are now over Wales hit our region!

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Dear Lord the wind gusts here are frightening, next door's fence has now broken in half horizontally, the sold sign outside snapped off and cartwheeled down the street, I'm a bit nervous as we have 2 large sycamores beyond our back fence on common land, if either of those decide to come down they'll take out our garden shed and back garden. Worst wind of the entire winter, in fact worst I've ever heard having lived here 6 years. Very scary. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

63mph Pershore...this is just the start peeps, yes stay safe!

Gah must be a tad more up on the Malverns then! No wonder it sounds like the washing machine on spin cycle.

Posted

3-4pm onwards watch winds start to crank up quite sharply.

Well predicted TX1. The winds have really increased here in the past twenty minutes or so, plenty of showers rattling through as well Posted Image

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Dreading the school run (on foot, with toddler in pushchair, 5 miles, yuck!)

Good Grief! Make sure you let us know you got back in one piece! Think we should have a roll call this evening to make sure we're all still here...... :/ Edited by fizz511
  • Like 1

Posted

Apparently a massive tree has just come down about a mile away from my house blocking the road.

Posted

43 gusting to 63mph in shawbury.

A good gale blowing here but up and down with the showers.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

The track of the storm seems a little further south to me? 

We've just lost the fence again, for the fourth time this winter. I feel like crying! ><

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

No idea what you're on about to be honest? What curse, it is the weather?Anyway...to say it's going to be rough is an understatement - We may miss the very worst, but red warnings say it all!

She was ramping snow potential up on midlands today last night apparently, whenever I've seen her do that in the past it invariably massively under delivers, as indeed it did again.Her being probably my least favourite weather presenter probably doesn't help her cause either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

amber warning extended now into more parts of the west midlands    was just shropshire now a larger area

Yeah i just noticed that Telford is now in the amber area Posted Image

Posted

Agreed ridiculous this Shefali bashing give the lass a break!

Why? She's a well paid public servant providing a service to us the licence fee paying customer. If we are not impressed with an aspect of service she provides we are entitled to express that opinion. Compared to other regional presenters like Ian Ferguson she's 3rd rate in my opinion. We midlanders are entitled to better value for our money!

Posted

And what if it had actually snowed? Last time I checked - presenters or indeed forecasters don't actually control the weather? Worst weather of the Winter so far rapidly approaching, gusts topping 60+ currently. Fri update..70mph or more expected quite widely.

She'd still be a hopeless weather presenter in comparison to most other local and national ones I've watched.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I

Why? She's a well paid public servant providing a service to us the licence fee paying customer. If we are not impressed with an aspect of service she provides we are entitled to express that opinion. Compared to other regional presenters like Ian Ferguson she's 3rd rate in my opinion. We midlanders are entitled to better value for our money!

I just think its a bit off, rude in fact publically tearing a strip off someone, I am a Midlander too I thought she was OK at her job.

• Like 1

Posted

Just because she the M'Office gets it wrong from time to time its her fault... Remember presenters are just messengers, If you got a bad pint would you blame the bartender?

Posted

Just because she the M'Office gets it wrong from time to time its her fault... Remember presenters are just messengers, If you got a bad pint would you blame the bartender?

No of course not! I'm well aware she's given a script + briefing and just recites this, I don't really believe there is a curse of Shefali that governs midlanders snow fortunes!I just don't think she's a very good presenter, she comes across like she doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm not tearing a strip off her, or anything else just expressing my opinion. It's a purely subjective view as are others who may think she does an okay job.
  • Like 2

Posted

At least you've got some basis behind your opinion.When i read such post, that i carn't forgive her because she promised 20cm of snow and i only got 1cm!

Well the mind boggles.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

That was a joke Dancer, there are far more important things in life than whether it snows or not. That said this is a weather chat forum with an OTT obsession with snow, so when in Rome..,,,

Posted

That was a joke Dancer, there are far more important things in life than whether it snows or not. That said this is a weather chat forum with an OTT obsession with snow, so when in Rome..,,,

"there are far more important things in life than whether it snows or not" Any chance of letting me know what they are then..... lol ........ Eat Pizza.

Posted

No I'd rate snow more important than pizza, as I can eat pizza whenever I like whereas snow is far more difficult to control, especially with each predicted snow event just a short 'Shefali curse' away from failure.