Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok folks, a fresh thread just in time for the 12z runs....snow on tuesday?....Posted Image.here's hoping!  Posted Image

old thread here -------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79088-the-midlands-regional-weather-discussion-14114-21z/page-41

Posted

Best gust here so far today was 46 mph, not seen anything higher this winter. 965.5 mb, 8.4 c and squally rain at the moment. More rain incoming on the radar.

Posted

Same here, very gusty, gloomy with moderate/heavy rain, signs of some drier more settled conditions for second half of the month maybe?

In the meantime another week of business as usual ahead, I still maintain Tuesday's low will flatten out over next few runs taking all wintry potential away with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

New thread but same old weather. :(  Very gusty winds blowing here for the past few hours, rain on and off. Horrid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

My Weather Stats for 8th Feb (so far)

Pres Low: 967mb (1700 & 1715)

Pres High: 980mb (0000)

Temp Low: 5.4°c (0600)

Temp High: 9.9°c (1115)

Wind High: 34.2mph (1400 [south] & 1545 [south])

Posted

Was surprised by a cross-country jaunt today? Pools turned into lakes, streams into rivers and yes raging rivers, overflowing where at all possible.... How much more can these water courses take!

None! Nor can the fields which keep overflowing onto roads, or the gardens that have acquired ponds. No. More. Rain. Do you hear, weather??Snow, frost, sun, is fine. Edited by Summer of 95

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A blustery night with heavy rain, and not much change this morning..

Temp 4.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The air pressure reading of 966.6 mb at 1800 yesterday ( it was actually slightly lower an hour earlier but I won't know the exact reading until the barograph chart is removed tomorrow morning ) is the  lowest  here in February  since 1989 and the  second lowest on record for the month.

February 1989 had a reading of 958.3mb on the 25th and Feb' 1990 came close to the record with 967.5mb on the 11th.

Edited by Terminal Moraine
  • Like 1

Posted

Wow that's something TM, the wind was howling here last night..

Also local Council received Email reg disruptive snowfall Tue/Wed for this area on Friday.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I like the looks of that little Purple patch directly above us Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Real snow showers today on the top of Clee hill near Ludlow. Bitterly cold in a really strong and unrelenting wind. Worth getting frostbite though to see the snow.

Posted

Dew Points dropping to near 0...but at the same time the showers are dying away to our west.

Never quite getting together this winter is it?

Posted

Had hail sleet snd snow in showers this afternoon and covering of hail too.... 3c here all afternoon.... Some really lovely clouds about this afternoon too with bright pink/purple/ orange colours.... Hoping next week can give us something more than endless rain and sleet but learnt so far up here this winter its see what is on your doorstep and not take anything as gospel....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Had hail sleet snd snow in showers this afternoon and covering of hail too.... 3c here all afternoon.... Some really lovely clouds about this afternoon too with bright pink/purple/ orange colours.... Hoping next week can give us something more than endless rain and sleet but learnt so far up here this winter its see what is on your doorstep and not take anything as gospel....

not a sausage here, but at least dry,

Anyone else not seen any lying snow since April? feel as though I am the only one, although on 14th Jan saw cars with snow on, coming from higher up

Posted

not a sausage here, but at least dry,

Anyone else not seen any lying snow since April? feel as though I am the only one, although on 14th Jan saw cars with snow on, coming from higher up

April? Last morning with lying snow here was March 26th. I suppose we did get a cover of wet slushy snow briefly on the night of 13-14 Jan, but because of the constant refusal of the temp to drop at night this winter, it had gone by the all important 9am.

Supposed to be going to Cornwall at the end of the week and all, if I can get there!

Posted

April? Last morning with lying snow here was March 26th. I suppose we did get a cover of wet slushy snow briefly on the night of 13-14 Jan, but because of the constant refusal of the temp to drop at night this winter, it had gone by the all important 9am. Supposed to be going to Cornwall at the end of the week and all, if I can get there!

If you can get passed my mum near taunton and my sisters in plymouth.... good luck on journey down think motorways arent too bad but trains no-go.... This week could be bad down souf with the lows coming in again one after another.....

Posted

If you can get passed my mum near taunton and my sisters in plymouth.... good luck on journey down think motorways arent too bad but trains no-go.... This week could be bad down souf with the lows coming in again one after another.....

Will be driving down; probably Thursday night. Dip in the sea is out of the question methinks :-) Just hope I don't see too much rain, or miss any snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi guys... Its been a while Posted Image For us coldies it's been one of the most frustrating winters on record for cold and snow and all this rain is driving me nuts!

But then again, who am i too moan, these poor people down south what's going on there put things into perspective.... Posted Image

So i've changed my avatar in support for dry weather, fingers cross Posted Image.

Things may get interesting at times this week for snow, but at this stage it's far too marginal for my liking..... For you guys 300m+ things look goodPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

A windy morning when our neighbour's fence panels finally buckled and broke. Been coming awhile, every gale's loosened it further. After that, the sun came out and it's been dry. Current rainfall total for this month, 62.5 mm. Our January total was 187 mm so that is just on 250 mm this year.

Currently 1.5oC. Dewpoint -0.1oC.

Posted

Hi guys... Its been a while Posted Image For us coldies it's been one of the most frustrating winters on record for cold and snow and all this rain is driving me nuts!

But then again, who am i too moan, these poor people down south what's going on there put things into perspective.... Posted Image

So i've changed my avatar in support for dry weather, fingers cross Posted Image.

Things may get interesting at times this week for snow, but at this stage it's far too marginal for my liking..... For you guys 300m+ things look goodPosted Image

Welcome back Dancer, I was beginning to worry you'd gone for good.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Thought you'd moved to Finland Posted Image where coincidently....actually not so sure lol. It's freezing?

Welcome back Dancer, I was beginning to worry you'd gone for good.

Bish

Of late i've felt like a spot of Ski jumping in Finland.... straight off a cliff ..Lol! As most on here will understand Chasing the Chase for cold & snow can get a bit draining and this year i'm knacked!

It's just week after week of the same old Posted Image I mean even if we had change from cold to mild and vice versa at least we would have some kind of patten change and make it interesting.

But all we've had is wind and my God! enough rain for any rain lover to happy for years to come, but me, i'm bored of it all, I thought i would never say this,...Bring on SpringPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

My God if this came off Weds.... Hold to your fences

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wind Chill anyone!!!

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

My God if this came off Weds.... Hold to your fences

Oh my... Posted Image