Sign in to follow this  
tibby

Uploading Cumulus data

Hi guys, Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but I really could do with some help please.

Im not a teccie person by any means, and i just can't get my head around where to start. My hubby bought me a Oregon wmr88 as an upgrade from my watson, and I have now decided that i want to upload my data so that my neighbours can see it!. I have tried weather underground, to no avail, just cant get the configuration right, and i have tried for several days to upload and it just wont do it. So I tried pws, and it is uploading there perfectly.

The thing is, I now want to go one step further and create my own website and upload my cumulus data to there. I have tried weebly, but i just can't seem to get on with it.. i.e i have no idea how to upload cumulus to that site. Im crap with this sort of stuff, so any help on free websites to create my own etc would be brill

Many thanks!

If you want to use the upload feature within Cumulus you need ftp access to your website. Weebly doesn't allow that. I think a few free ones do but can't make any recommendations as I have paied for my hosting for years.

You can set Cumulus up (enter you ftp address, user name, password in the settings area) so you can either manually trigger an upload from the menu or it will do it automatically on a timer while ever it's running.