Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

SNOW CUP ANNOUNCEMENT

Morning all,

Owing to ongoing industrial action taken by members of UFFA (Union of Flakes, Frosts and Affiliates) Chris (although he doesnt know it yet!) and I have been forced to make an amendment to Rule 5 (Sub-Section C), Measurement of Snow. 

Despite protracted talks, it has become increasingly obvious that these militant members of UFFA were continuing to make unrealistic demands to deliver an end to the stalemate, in the Snow Depth Cup. (Ok I've just been picketed by one of there Affiliates, ThunderPosted Image )

I digress, these talks often lasted long into the night and were attended by our lawyer Mr.Abruzzi Spur and our Winter Weather Advisor, Miss ×¨×ªÖ¸Ö¼×žÖ¸. Talks finally broke down and UFFA decided that no settlement was possible, we suggested that a bit of falling would be nice though! So an early introduction of Spring Time Rules will now be applied, UFFA members have decided to return to work, albeit work to rule, in a few weeks time, on a falling but no settling basis. Our Weather Advisor, Miss ×ªÖ¸Ö¼×žÖ¸×¨, suggests this is the most sensible way forward.

So when a snow event finally arrives Posted Image , measurement will be done on the counting of snowflakes and not the measurement of depths. Any entrants please note that this is an official amendment to Rule 5 (Sub-Section C).

So as Shaw Taylor once famously said, "keep 'em peeled". Who??? Where is he now? 

I have to add though that had Mr.Abruzzi Spur's fee not been so large, there may well have been enough NW funds in the kitty to force UFFA members, back to work, greedy blighters lawyers! Posted Image 

One final thing, Tams, be a sweetie and do me a favour and change the font on that bloomin' Hebrew of yours, keeps messing my font and posts up! Posted Image 

Regards,

Tom.

All fees incurred have been as notified to you in advance in clause 4.1.1 (x) (iii) subsection b(iv) of the penultimate paragraph in the easily legible font of my retainer client care letter of the third inst. sent to you in triplicate and endorsed with your signature by way of approval of said charges.  I am therefore a little surprised, particularly after the challenging and demanding nature of the clients who have now draqged me into a 1970s style industrial relations dispute, to be accused of greed.  Now if you'll excuse me I've got to get the Bentley fired up, make my driver earn his keep for once, and go and collect some rather splendid red burgundy from my merchant - lovely chap, albeit a little, how should I put it, poor.

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 5

Posted

Well that was completely the wrong time to take the dog out for his walk. Lovely blue skies, the most recent gusts had subsided, so off we set, ignoring the thick grey clouds building in the distance... and, around 10 minutes in, the heavens opened. We gave the park a miss due to the struggle to stay upright in the mud getting the better of us, so had hoped to thrill the dog with his favourite pavement walk to Surbiton's poshest roads (he knows a top-dollar Abruzzi Spur-style house when he walks past one). A lot of dog shaking himself dry and wet shoes, trousers and hair later, we have regained our former sharp demeanour(!). Dog is now rolling himself dry on the rug having growled at the hair dryer when it was offered to him. 

Really can't wait for the riverside walk to Kingston, which judging by the news report from there last night, will be a walk along the main road:/

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Intermittent moderate powder snow creating spiral drifts down the road here.Posted Image ..and then I woke up....it was a dream from almost a year backPosted Image

Can't wait for this wretchedly awful excuse of a 'winter' to go away...Posted Image

Hmm...now give me one good reason why I should sabotage the Hebrew elegance of my name-tag just for the administrative conveniences of some increasingly spurious Snow Cup competition that has been degraded into a wet flake watch insteadPosted Image  

Well SAID Tamara! Stick it to them Girl!

I'll put a Serbo-Croat one on the end of mine in solidarity.

I was just thinking in the shower how boring things have become on the Model Thread - anyone remember the Home Boy Snow Monster's posts of a few years back which were allowed and un-modded? Better still has anyone archived them?

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Ok AS, excuse me while I reach for my copy of Rogets Thesaurus (Legal Edition). Interesting to note that both members involved in consultancy roles in this increasingly *spurious* effort of a competition, yourself and Lady T, both have Bentleys and a chauffeur, to boot! Think Chris and I have been well and truly stitched up! Applying a bit more Sarff East London logic now, it's 'coz you use all those long words, that you've got all that lovely dosh!

Yours mugged off,

Tom

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Really confused with the various forecasts ............................................................ it is becoming increasingly muddling.

It’s quite simple really.......

The Amber warning for wind Issued at: 1140 on Fri 7 Feb 2014 Valid from: 2000 on Fri 7 Feb to 0600 on Sun 9 Feb has been updated to extend it into the first part of Sunday and to include western Wales previously in the yellow area.

The Yellow warning for rain Issued at 1051 on Sat 8 Feb Valid from 1100 on Sat 8 Feb 2 has been updated to remove parts of the Midlands, whilst also extend the risk period through to 1200 on Sun 9 Feb

The white zone is still for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only and there is no stopping in the red zone.Posted Image 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Ok AS, excuse me while I reach for my copy of Rogets Thesaurus (Legal Edition). Interesting to note that both members involved in consultancy roles in this increasingly *spurious* effort of a competition, yourself and Lady T, both have Bentleys and a chauffeur, to boot! Think Chris and I have been well and truly stitched up! Applying a bit more Sarff East London logic now, it's 'coz you use all those long words, that you've got all that lovely dosh! Yours mugged off,Tom

No need to fret Tom. Last Barrister i went up against (London Transport) wasnt worth the socks he sweated in. Unleash da Saarf London Massive innit :D
  • Like 1

Posted

Really confused with the various forecasts I am watching and listening to today 80 mph winds in one forecast and then not mentioned except for blowy rain showers in another.Then snow chance for Tuesday then seemingly no chance on another. Think I need to stop mixing my forecast following and stick to one source as it is becoming increasingly muddling.

This is excellent advice, to be filed with "do not mix your drinks"

"do not mix your weather forecasts".Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Can't wait for this wretchedly awful excuse of a 'winter' to go away...Posted Image

post-10773-0-50922200-1391873068_thumb.j

I'm far too shy for public speaking but I'm sure Ali would have a field dayPosted Image

My fields not having the best of days today.....

post-10773-0-03011400-1391873602_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Well SAID Tamara! Stick it to them Girl!I'll put a Serbo-Croat one on the end of mine in solidarity.I was just thinking in the shower how boring things have become on the Model Thread - anyone remember the Home Boy Snow Monster's posts of a few years back which were allowed and un-modded? Better still has anyone archived them?

Don't encourage Tams please, crikey what's this the Net Weather equivalent of Thelma and Louise?Btw, you've left the shower running, although I am impressed by your standards of personal hygiene but not by your wasteful use of water suppliesTom Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Ouch that hail was painful earlier!

Posted

"do not mix your weather forecasts".Posted Image

and do not drink and drive.....you will only spill it Posted Image

It's starting to cloud over here now and the wind is really gusting.....think it's time to hatch down my battons Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wet here now! Squally band of rain working its way through. Gust of 52mph recently

Posted

Don't encourage Tams please, crikey what's this the Net Weather equivalent of Thelma and Louise?

Btw, you've left the shower running, although I am impressed by your standards of personal hygiene but not by your wasteful use of water supplies

Tom!

to be fair Tom we do have plenty of it at the moment......

post-10773-0-56502500-1391874867_thumb.j

...just had a thought, 'sponges' that's what we need giant sponges to soak up all the floods Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Afternoon all. Latest pics from mother nature storm damage.

Cornwall.

Posted Image

South West being battered.

Posted Image

Watford.

Posted Image

The road between Walkern and Cromer. Don't attempt to drive through it, it's about 3ft deep.

Posted Image

Chorley Wood.

Posted Image

LP forecast tonight at 8.00pm.

Posted Image

As of 2pm the South East has 83 flood warnings and 136 flood alerts. Check by postcode, town or river:

• Like 5

Posted

ukmo surface chart at 13.48

Posted Image

look at the south of the low

note how tight the isobars are

as the low shifts north east the isobars will tighten over us

this is due late today and overnight

heres the 06 chart for tomorrow

Posted Image

you can see the isobars are still reasonably tight on there

but will start easing as we go through tomorrow

heavy blustery showers ongoing with thundery potential

this forecast is no different to last night

Edited by john pike
  • Like 4

Posted

unless it was a flash flood and the driver got caught out suddenly I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to try and drive though this.....

post-10773-0-96800000-1391875271_thumb.j

....makes you wonder if some people should be driving at all !

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Seems like a world away now Tam! Never known a winter quite like this one, and the worst thing is, i have not even come close to seeing a snowflake. I've seen about 3 frosts all winter, quite incredible! 

Hopefully a nice baking hot summer will take hold this year and dry things out properly.

• Like 2

Posted

Squally in Reigate now.  Had to mop down 2 interior walls earlier following a stupidly muddy dog walk followed by the muddily stupid dog redistributing that mud in traditional scattergun-dog fashion.  At least tomorrow and Monday look a bit calmer and a bit dryer.

AS

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

humph....I dont think my bootsale in leigh will be on tomorrow at this rate.....grr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Seems like a world away now Tam! Never known a winter quite like this one, and the worst thing is, i have not even come close to seeing a snowflake. I've seen about 3 frosts all winter, quite incredible! 

Hopefully a nice baking hot summer will take hold this year and dry things out properly.

Very strange winter this one EES. Way back last year in November when it was cold,I even thought we are in for a very long,Cold and snowy winter. How wrong was that thought, This pattern is off the scale, Jet stream is just firing every low possible at us and helps assisting the low's to charge up in velocity. The rain fall for some parts is just crazy amounts. This winter will go down in the record books. The UK now is in a serious dire need of a pattern change and as you said a baking hot Summer, We will need a long one to sort it out. It will cost millions to put some parts of the UK back together. I think there will be further problems down the line once this pattern breaks, Especially with what happens below ground level,IE water table and unstable ground conditions, what finishes flowing on top will still be running below.

• Like 4