Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Mornin' all.

Tad gusty last night but nothing to write home about.

This morning is sunny cloudsimilar to AS.

On a less cheery note; now it seems where roofers keep failing to fix the water leaks, there is now damp on the lounge wall and possibly the office too.

I don't moan much but now very tired of this persistent rain. I do moan about heat as I have a thyroid condition which makes anything over about 24 degrees C uncomfortable. BUT rain, rain go away for a few weeks please.

Sorry rant over :-(

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Thunder and rain here, nasty!

Thunder! Nasty? If you don't want it, WSK....I'll have it, no probs. send it over here. :D
  • Like 1

Posted

Zoiks!

Rain coming in through flood doors, wind thrashing the trees in quite lengthy sustained gusts...just moved piggies to rear of house and now doing a recce outside on the bins/car........Edit: back now having weighted bin lids and moved car to higher ground

I am not liking how this is shaping up!

More towels Matron please.......

Posted ImagePosted Image

xxxx

Hope all is ok this morning, you must be so fed up with having to keep doing this.

I am somewhat confused now as we had no storm overnight as they said we would but now I see one is forecast for tonight but whether its meant to reach here, I don't know.I know I'm not the only one here in the east who thought we were meant to get it last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Managed to get my lie in this morning and never noticed it we had any wind or rain last night her, if anything when I did get up and look out the window just after 08:15 it appears quite dry and very sunny thanks to the mostly clear blue skies, yes it does appear to be quite windy out (thanks to the double glazing though you would never know it)

Took a peek at the radar as I was expecting it to be wet out and whilst there are some bright echos on there there seem smaller and further apart so more fast showers than prolonged rain for today then until it all changes tonight no doubt.

What ever your all doing this weekend, stay safe and hope it is an enjoyable one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Help, for some reason today whilst doing what all men do it the bathroom (think), a question has sprung into my mind, and for the life of me I can't get rid of it, and very surprisingly it's very much a question about weather (always have to be a first time, even if it has taken me nearly 800 posts :-)).As some of you aware I design large industrial refrigeration plants for massive food factories, to give you an idea think of something the size of Wembley stadium. The principle of what I do is very simple (otherwise I couldn't do it), basically you convert high pressure liquid by passing it through a orifice (hole for you non technical people) and expand it into a low pressure gas, thus producing cold, a great example is when you put your finger over a bicycle pump, keep pumping and the remove your finger the air is hot when pressurised by keeping your finger over the hole but goes cold directly your remove your finger.So my question is how does Mother Nature produce cold? Simple question properly an impossible question to answer, I know that we have the same amount of water now as when the world was first created, I also know the cold is "stored" where the sun has least influence and therefore is cold, but is there a constant amount of cold like water the meanders around the world and escapes occasionally or does Mother Nature somehow manufactures its own cold.Hope this makes sense, I thought I would ask this question at the weekend as you would all appreciate it and have time to answer, I realise that this might not be the correct part of the forum to ask this question, and I don't mind if its get moved into a more suitable thread. Although I would think it was highly ironic that my first totally on subject post would be moved :-) whilst the question is very simple and put in an extremely simplistic manner, I got a feeling the answer will not be, if as I half expect that the answer is far to technical to explain to us mere mortals then, please feel free to say that.I await your answers with trepidation. Whilst I am in an questioning mode, why is it I always notice my spelling mistake, missing words etc after I have posted the original version?RegardsKerry

Morning CK!

Reading your post I was smiling and bewildered at the same time, as ever. Then you threw in a curved ball by asking something about the weather. Having now recovered and had a sit down to compose myself, I don't know the answer to your question with any real certainty. But I think the cold weather comes from the chilly parts of the globe which have little sun concentration (aspect). Probably wrong, but its a start. Perhaps a post in the Model Thread to pose the question might be a way forward ? :D Go on I dare you.

Was sunny here, now cloudy. Standard.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Fundy lightning here now and getting very dark!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

a bit blowy last night but nothing major,

And now the lul before the storm...again.....supposedly.....

Have a good day all

Posted

Stormageddon!

AAAaaaaaaaghhhh! 

run for the hills!

Posted Image

All we need now is a Sharknado (nah! who am I kidding, no one would think up such a silly idea....would they?  oh hang on, they already did Posted Image )

• Like 2

Posted

Fluid dynamics, I apologise for the confusion I know its very unlike me, but its got me thinking, and if I'm thinking then why shouldn't everyone else? And no I am not going anywhere the model thread, I want or rather hoping for a simple answer, and I think if I went in there I would just get slaughtered for my lack of understanding, I already know I'm think, I don't want it reconfirming :-). But I hope you agree it ain't a bad question! Assuming I phrased it correctly and people can understand what I mean.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

According to my family we had a big hailstorm that woke them up, I was asleep!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

ok its gone very dark and raining heavy too .....

Posted

Fluid dynamics, I apologise for the confusion I know its very unlike me, but its got me thinking, and if I'm thinking then why shouldn't everyone else? And no I am not going anywhere the model thread, I want or rather hoping for a simple answer, and I think if I went in there I would just get slaughtered for my lack of understanding, I already know I'm think, I don't want it reconfirming :-). But I hope you agree it ain't a bad question! Assuming I phrased it correctly and people can understand what I mean.

Its OK mate, I was just being my lighthearted self (never took much very too seriously, lifes too short). I am nowhere near awake enough to contemplate your Boyles Law related question. I didn't even know fridges worked that way, learnt something already.  I could have looked it up I guess...

Squall and rain here now.

Posted

Got up to blue skies with that lovely just washed look about them and thought 'that wasn't so bad'. And now we are being hit by huge squally gusts, sideways rain at times, trees bent double and the new fences really having to earn their keep. Must say it's pretty wild out there when the weather gets going. 

Posted

err guys, have you seen this ?

post-18857-0-16928000-1391855569_thumb.p

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 2

Posted

Got up to blue skies with that lovely just washed look about them and thought 'that wasn't so bad'. And now we are being hit by huge squally gusts, sideways rain at times, trees bent double and the new fences really having to earn their keep. Must say it's pretty wild out there when the weather gets going. 

That's on its way to me shortly. Hope we get some thunder too :)

Posted

Its OK mate, I was just being my lighthearted self (never took much very too seriously, lifes too short). I am nowhere near awake enough to contemplate your Boyles Law related question. I didn't even know fridges worked that way, learnt something already. I could have looked it up I guess...Squall and rain here now.

I realise that you don't take things too seriously from your previous posts, I was thinking about Boyles law as well but I thought I was the only sad person who could quote it, my explanation of a refrigeration system I think you could say was very simplistic but you get the idea. My question has been bugging me in all honesty since long before I joined here, I always had an idea it was something to do with the atmosphere / troposphere and cold leaking downwards from the heavens to the earth but in my own mind I can't see see how cold coluld leak from a vacuum to a pressurised environment so I think I was wrong. Better shut up now and await the answer. I have now confused myself now, should I mention the weather when I am on topic? Oh well we got blue sky's, I one or 2 bubbly clouds hurrying across the sky, and out off those blue sky's the rain comes. Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Posted

That's on its way to me shortly. Hope we get some thunder too Posted Image

Calmed down again now, winds lightened and some blue appearing. Couldn't work out if it was thunder or roaring wind I could hear. Enjoy:) Sympathies over mild hangover; only drank a few glasses of vino and head pounding as much as the wind.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Biggin, February 8, 2014 - ?
Hidden by Biggin, February 8, 2014 - ?

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1
Posted

Calmed down now but getting dark again to the south west.

Posted

Well washing and dusting done, still not been out though (but will do shortly), still bright and sunny here, no rain as of yet but still looks rather windy out there, shed temp thingy reports a balmy 7.7oC outside.

Edited by Jax