Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Latest GFS update looks dreadful Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, the Countryfile forecast showed this, albeit it wasn't so deep, but Helen Willets just skipped over it - just mentioning rain.

Like I said, rain is almost certainly going to be the biggest concern, but wind would be a big problem if this came about.

Getting sick of politicians in all this too. :angry: Jabba the Hutt (a.k.a. Eric Pickles) with his snide comments, being the worst. If it (somehow) stopped raining now, he'd take all the credit for clearing up the mess and making all the difference.

• Like 6

Posted

wednesday fax

for 12

Posted Image

closest match i have for this is ecm for 06 wednesday

so slight timing difference but close enough

ecm runs like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

but

i think this low will be shifted around more over the course of tomorrow

not good but fast moving which is the only plus for now

i have a feeling gfs is overcooking the rain for us in the south east

may be wrong but that my feelings at present

fax updates soon

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Yes, the Countryfile forecast showed this, albeit it wasn't so deep, but Helen Willets just skipped over it - just mentioning rain. Like I said, rain is almost certainly going to be the biggest concern, but wind would be a big problem if this came about. Getting sick of politicians in all this too. :angry: Jabba the Hutt (a.k.a. Eric Pickles) with his snide comments, being the worst. If it (somehow) stopped raining now, he'd take all the credit for clearing up the mess and making all the difference.

Local look east forecast just has 20mph winds for weds/Thursday? Obviously they are not unduly worried by the winds at this stage?As for Eric Pickles head and knob spring to mind!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A message from Thames Valley Police

post-10773-0-21763700-1391985565.gif

Thames Valley Police is again asking road users to observe road closures which have been put in place due to flooding and not to drive through roads that have been closed.
Oxfordshire and West Berkshire are the two districts worst hit by flooding, with a number of road closures currently in place to protect both drivers and buildings. 
Road closures include Abingdon Road, Oxford, and Burghfield Bridge, which links Southcote in Reading to Burghfield in West Berkshire.
Seacourt Park and Ride in Oxford is also currently closed due to flooding. 
Further, contrary to reports on social media, Southern Electric’s Pingewood site is still operational.
Thames Valley Police is working alongside its partner agencies, including local councils, the fire and rescue service, South Central 

Ambulance Service, the Environment Agency and Thames Water, contractors, local flood wardens and parish councils to help those affected. 
Flood warning and alerts on waterways are issued by the Environment Agency. The latest information on those - which can change by the day - is given on their website here:
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/

To report flooding on the roads contact your local authority. For information on road closures please visit your relevant local council’ website or social media feeds.
Assistant Chief Constable Chris Shead said: “We are working with 

our partner agencies and local communities to minimise the impact of flooding and ensure we are prepared for the challenges that will come later this week. “Across the Thames Valley it has been necessary for a number of roads to be closed. Unfortunately, some people are still ignoring road closures. I would remind motorists that roads are closed as a last resort to protect the local residents and the motorist. Please do not ignore or contravene these signs - it could be potentially life threatening. Motorists should not attempt to drive through flooded roads or fords. The water is often deeper than it looks and may be fast moving. Your vehicle may be swept away or you may become stranded. 
“Many drivers of 4x4 or large vehicles are driving through flood water, but this can also cause huge bow waves that can then cause further flooding to nearby properties. We are appealing for drivers to take a common sense approach and obey the road signs. “Further, please do not remove sandbags which support road closure signs to stay upright. Doing so could result in signs being blown over.â€
Thames Valley Police would also issue the following advice to local residents to protect their safety during the floods:
• Keep an eye on weather reports on local television or radio news channels.
• Do not use towpaths.
• Do not attempt to walk through flooded areas. Even shallow water moving fast can sweep you off your feet. There may be hidden dangers such as open drains, damaged road surfaces, submerged debris or deep channels - these can cause serious injuries or even death.
• Do not travel in heavy rain storms unless absolutely necessary.
• Do not let your children play in flood water, as it can become contaminated with sewage and chemicals.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

My latest Blog on this coming week's installment of stormy weather to come, based on this evening's model output:

http://www.netweathe...ryid=5671;sess=

Wednesday's system looks to be the biggest concern for wind atm, could be 60-70mph gusts, even inland for the SE, looking at GFS. Low coming in for late Friday/Sat needs keeping a close eye on too. As for rain, every day this week there's scope for 10-20mm each day from spells of rain or showers, so we could be looking at 50-60mm+ in some parts, not good news for the flooding situation.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Changing situation

BBC Weather â€@bbcweather 2m

More rain is now expected in southeast England overnight and through the day on Monday. Helen W

I've noticed, it's started already.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

2 runs now with low running up the channel Thursday on GFS bringing snow across the SE - surely not?

post-1052-0-01920500-1391987274_thumb.gi

• Like 2

Posted

ecm rain ensembles

Posted Image

ecm about 40mm over 7 days

gfs about 45mm

so not quite as bad although not good either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

As for rain, every day this week there's scope for 10-20mm each day from spells of rain or showers, so we could be looking at 50-60mm+ in some parts, not good news for the flooding situation.

Not good news at all Nick Posted Image

Posted

hi nick

watching that but want the fax charts at 96

ukmo looks likely snow possibility

although 96 is an eternity at present with these lows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Will try reposting

Katie

Edited by Katiewombat

Posted

Posted Image

typical

under 528 dam air

but low is shoved further north east

however the bit between on wednesday night might see something

need tomorrows now to clarify his

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so see where we go on monday now

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

typical

under 528 dam air

but low is shoved further north east

however the bit between on wednesday night might see something

need tomorrows now to clarify his

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so see where we go on monday now

I'm more interested in tonight for now, got rain/showers but the temp is dropping not rising. I guess it'll probably rise when that lot in France gets here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sat Am is looking 50 knots + :-(

On the other hand it's means I can sail to work after all the rain that system will bring. Posted Image

On a serious note that Friday fax is absolutely awful 

Posted

On the other hand it's means I can sail to work after all the rain that system will bring. Posted Image

On a serious note that Friday fax is absolutely awful 

yep looks very bad.

Posted

hi alexis

see my faxs from earlier (on 33)

already shows rain monday

now rain is a shade earlier

comp messin now Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

2 runs now with low running up the channel Thursday on GFS bringing snow across the SE - surely not?

Posted Image96_20.gif

Snow won't settle on water!

Seriously though, be nice if the widespread rain forecast for midweek doesn't materialise.

Cant remember the last time we had a nice high pressure over the UK.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Hello all

Terrible events looming along parts of the Thames, just adding to the sense of the country being subject to forces beyond any control.  This photo from the BBC news website, taken along the Thames, really struck me - not even the dead are safe from the waters.

Posted Image_72859816_hcvde50u.jpg

Helen Willets on News Channel in an interview this evening said there was just the hint from some of the models that in about 3 weeks time there might just be a different type of weather, less rain, but as she said too early to say anything much about it.

AS

That's in Marlow, just heart breaking. too close for comfort note :-(

Katie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes, the Countryfile forecast showed this, albeit it wasn't so deep, but Helen Willets just skipped over it - just mentioning rain.

Like I said, rain is almost certainly going to be the biggest concern, but wind would be a big problem if this came about.

Getting sick of politicians in all this too. Posted Image Jabba the Hutt (a.k.a. Eric Pickles) with his snide comments, being the worst. If it (somehow) stopped raining now, he'd take all the credit for clearing up the mess and making all the difference.

Elections are on 22nd May. Get rid of the lot of them.

• Like 2