Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!
Posted · Hidden by stratty, February 9, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by stratty, February 9, 2014 - No reason given

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a nice day today here apart from the stiff breeze. I really can't believe that 40 to 50 mile an hour gusts just seem like a breeze these days. I used to be scared of going out on windy days. I've got used to them this year. I still watch if anything might be blowing about in the wind though in case I need to avoid it blowing into me.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Greetings all.

Environment AgencySE â€@EnvAgencySE  1h

Sandbags arrive ready for @EnvAgencySE staff & Army to build a sand bag barrier on South lea Rd

Posted Image

I suppose the next thing will be a sand shortage - ironic really as it's normally salt that we run out of in winter !

One of my concerns is what happens when the flood water and sewage contaminate the drinking water supply, and the power stations ....should we all rush out and panic buy water and candles instead of bread and milk like we do when it snows ;-)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters
Posted · Hidden by kate1, February 9, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by kate1, February 9, 2014 - No reason given

I suppose the next thing will be a sand shortage - ironic really as it's normally salt that we run out of in winter ! One of my concerns is what happens when the flood water and sewage contaminate the drinking water supply, and the power stations ....should we all rush out and panic buy water and candles instead of bread and milk like we do when it snows ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

I suppose the next thing will be a sand shortage - ironic really as it's normally salt that we run out of in winter ! One of my concerns is what happens when the flood water and sewage contaminate the drinking water supply, and the power stations ....should we all rush out and panic buy water and candles instead of bread and milk like we do when it snows ;-)

Think you might have started an Internet rumour there... Tbh that hadn't occurred to me - as the Army and various charities now seem to be heavily involved in helping out with supplies in flooded areas I think I'd be happy leaving it to them (she says, trying to dispel rumour)...

Posted

Think you might have started an Internet rumour there...

Lol ............after I'd brought shares in Yankee Candles and Evian Water :-)
  • Like 3

Posted

Posted Image

mmmmmmmmmmmm

17 onwards spread showing

and dryer Posted Image

see con7rol run showin cold once more near end

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=0&mode=0&carte=0

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Posted

Lol ............after I'd brought shares in Yankee Candles and Evian Water :-)

I dont think its a bad thing to be prepared, with both myself and Southernman having been ill recently and having no family nearby, I was glad of the little store I had made previously of tins of soup, dried milk, those bread rolls you bake when you need them, toilet rolls, and a few other essentials.There was no way either of us could have gone shopping for about a week when it was really bad.

I do have torches and batteries, but I dont have bottled water, maybe I should consider that, just in case.Plenty of tea, coffe, and hot chocolate though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

As next week looks potentially serious, I will post notable rain events for this upcoming week.

Tomorrow - Looks very convective in nature, could be some localised large accumulations, particularly across the south of the region. 

Posted Image

Tuesday - Band of rain associated with a system from in from the West. 

Posted Image

Wednesday Morning - Heavy showers associated with a post-frontal trough spread across the region on Wednesday morning

Posted Image

Wednesday Afternoon - Before the next band of heavy rain lines itself up towards the SW.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thursday - Another system moves up from the south bringing yet more rain

Posted Image

Friday - Probably the most severe in terms of rainfall anyway, a similar system to that of last Thursday which is dreadful

Posted Image

Saturday - Low wraps around and then gives another band of rain for all

Posted Image

Next Monday - Rinse and repeat!

Posted Image

Total accumulation between 10th - 18th = 60-80mm (Locally more)

Edited by PerfectStorm
  • Like 3

Posted

The store I work in has already seen an upsurge in purchases in key supplies after Thursday into Friday's deluge.. Amazing really!

Interesting .... I'm not sure how keys would help much though ;-)post-10773-0-44571500-1391981219_thumb.jIt's an ark we will need by the end of the week.. post-10773-0-95585600-1391981261_thumb.j Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Just awfull for rain amounts this winter

Roll on summer

Like that will help lol !!

But seriously not even a cold snap this year .

Just want the rain to stop now.

Really feel for those whose homes are under water.

Very depressing cold and miserable conditions.

Enough is enough now we need to see nice mild and DRY spring conditions.

Really feel for those affected not nice at all .

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 4

Posted

I dont think its a bad thing to be prepared, with both myself and Southernman having been ill recently and having no family nearby, I was glad of the little store I had made previously of tins of soup, dried milk, those bread rolls you bake when you need them, toilet rolls, and a few other essentials.There was no way either of us could have gone shopping for about a week when it was really bad.

I do have torches and batteries, but I dont have bottled water, maybe I should consider that, just in case.Plenty of tea, coffe, and hot chocolate though.

Hi Jenny  Tescos do large 5litre bottles that keep for months,I buy them when I go carp fishing and have 2 or 3 in the shed, I only just thought how handy they may be if the water goes off (pumping stations flooded etc).  Keep well and safe.  Chris

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

"Interesting .... I'm not sure how keys would help much though ;-)"

Bye 'eck, lass....thas bin in't knife box tonight. :D

Posted

Hi Jenny  Tescos do large 5litre bottles that keep for months,I buy them when I go carp fishing and have 2 or 3 in the shed, I only just thought how handy they may be if the water goes off (pumping stations flooded etc).  Keep well and safe.  Chris

Thanks for that, I did not know, will definately get some.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Quote from Perfect Storn - "As next week looks potentially serious, I will post notable rain events for this upcoming week".

Sorry Paul, didn't want to take up thread space duplicating your post & didn't know how to separate the post, so just quoted you. It is a informative one, albeit depressive stuff.

To quote the late great Ronnie Barker from his sketch 'Rindercella' - "Mist all chucking frighty!!!'

There doesn't seem to be any let up in sight.. In Brighton the odd light rain shower, far luckier than those in serious need of help right now :-(

Edited by Alixzandra
  • Like 1

Posted

Hello all

Terrible events looming along parts of the Thames, just adding to the sense of the country being subject to forces beyond any control.  This photo from the BBC news website, taken along the Thames, really struck me - not even the dead are safe from the waters.

post-3098-0-08514700-1391982363_thumb.jp

Helen Willets on News Channel in an interview this evening said there was just the hint from some of the models that in about 3 weeks time there might just be a different type of weather, less rain, but as she said too early to say anything much about it.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 6

Posted

This is a brilliant video shows gusts over the next 48 or so hours.http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/videos_wrfnmm.php?ech=3&mode=3

Posted

Latest GFS update looks dreadful :(

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

TesTing my keyboard

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so far so good

weather related

dont know im indoors Posted Image

Trying to get work to buy me a new one, I only use ergonomic

• Like 2

Posted

Holy moly. Wednesday night/Thursday morning looks terrible if 18z is accurate. Worrying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Don't forget the old Fill up the Bath trick. Learned that in the 1987 Hurricane. If you live on a hill and the electricity's off you won't get any more water than what's in your tank.

A full bath holds @ 50 litres. So if you've got a couple of bathrooms you can store 100 litres of drinking water.

• Like 3