Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning Steve and all - no inclination to get up and out here either, snuggled up watching the men's downhill skiing at the moment !

• Like 3

Posted

morning   mk best  place stay  in radar  suggesting a  line  of showers heading our way from the west

• Like 1

Yes a lot of wind around here last night (steady matron) although everything in the garden still looks OK and the gusts seems to have died away in the last hour although Xweather is still showing some high numbers on their animation for the past half an hour.

We have a temperature of 6.5c at the moment and a few spits and spots of rain although the showers seem to be running out of steam before they reach here, oh here's another strong gust going through.

I took delivery of a new 27' monitor yesterday and I must admit I never knew I could get so much open on a screen at oncePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted

I took delivery of a new 27' monitor yesterday and I must admit I never knew I could get so much open on a screen at oncePosted Image

If only it was 27" of snow - that would have secured you the number one spot in the SDC !!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lot's of wind but no more than what we've been having recently. No T&L or hail.

Don't k ow how we haven't lost roof tiles yet, they are becoming more rattly with every storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Still in bed after a great evening at the O2 seeing the Strictly Come Dancing Tour. Bit grey out with gusty winds but currently dry, clouds are whizzing past though. I saw some lucky people got a nice thunderstorm last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Wind showing little sign of dying down yet - at least it isn't raining (at this moment). Have a good day, everyone, and make the most of the relative respite before the next lot hits us...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Morning all. Well, slept until 9 this morning which is very unusual as normally animals wake me up before then. We all must have been tired after our "lively" night here last night! The lightning was so bright!

Fully expecting sons to say "what storm "when they wake up, as neither moved last night. Oh to have the sleep of the young, where you sleep through nothing short of a bomb going off, and not wake up at the slightest noise like I seem to do!

Here it is currently dry, with a bit of brightness and it is currently 8.3. Youngest son is off to Brighton today, have given him a talking to about going near the sea as it is still extremely gusty here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Morning all. Well, slept until 9 this morning which is very unusual as normally animals wake me up before then. We all must have been tired after our "lively" night here last night! The lightning was so bright!Fully expecting sons to say "what storm "when they wake up, as neither moved last night. Oh to have the sleep of the young, where you sleep through nothing short of a bomb going off, and not wake up at the slightest noise like I seem to do! Here it is currently dry, with a bit of brightness and it is currently 8.3. Youngest son is off to Brighton today, have given him a talking to about going near the sea as it is still extremely gusty here.

Think it might be a male thing rather than a youth thing as my 48-yr-old husband sleeps through whatever is going on too - I'm sometimes convinced he thinks I'm making it up when I tell him the storms kept me awake again...
  • Like 3

Posted

Big old gusts of wind here

Yes, pretty gusty just down the road from you in Surbiton, keeping all the trees busy. Grey and blues overhead but looks reasonably dry, I suspect by the state of the upstairs windows there was rain overnight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Sounds like some had an eventful night then, not aware of anything other than it being wet and windy here, not too sure what today's plans are may pop out briefly but to be honest it is not a going out day.

Take care all whatever you all do.

Posted

Morning all...Flooding updates

Porthleven Cornwall

Posted Image

Cor seeing that photo of porthleven brought back some memories (theme of the day for me) we stayed at the pub on the quay just down from that church and used to walk around the church to get a small sandy bay. Must have been one of our first holiday on our own, and just a little further up into the town was a little bistro where me and here indoors had our first bottle of Chablis, drunk a few more bottles since then.

Bet the church service was interesting! Suppose they where not short of holy water... Sorry couldn't resist.

Sunny spells now with occassional gusts.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Good Morning all.

Just wanted to pop in and thank those who offered me support on Friday and talked me out of talking an unnecessary risk. This trip was aborted, but we hope to take a longer one over half term. Even if it does mean getting snowed in and staying longer. I can only dream.

I really feel for those in Dawlish in particular and all across the South West. I consider myself as a local opposed to a tourist, as is been a regular bolt hole for me during the last few years. I was in tears the other evening reading that one of the lovely holiday park owner had opened their doors to all those in need, due to the floods. Just shows what an amazing community it is.

Anyway weather. Did I miss anything in Bucks last night. I have read back through the last few pages and truly can't believe we escaped the storms and things, but my head hit the pillow with exhaustion about 12 and the next thing I knew it was daylight.

Right now it's still fairly windy here and starting to get very black from the West again.

Love and thanks to all of you.

Katie

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Slept right through whatever happened last night. The road is dry and the wind's whistling but I can see blue sky, wow.

Talking of sunshine, off to the Albert Hall to see Cirque du Soleil this afternoon.

The girls on their snowboards at Sochi are like circus performers, just amazing stuff.

Surrey, hope you're not flooded out...

Looking through the surface charts on e met office web site this morning, it looks as though after today although the wind maybe strong at times there are no more major features shown until the end of the week.  You can also see how the 528 line is off the south coast by Wednesday, hence the words wintry showers are used in the text forecast.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1392163200

I suppose that this could all change by tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well just been swapping over the dry and wet washing that is hanging up round the house and unloaded the next lot from the machine and looked out the kitchen window into the garden and noticed part of the ivy growing up one of the fence panels has been 'stripped' top to bottom almost in a straight line, the rest next to it seems untouched though, not seen anything like that before after a wind event.  Also either we did not get much rain last night or the wind has done a good job of drying everything out.

Posted

The girls on their snowboards at Sochi are like circus performers, just amazing..

Yay o/ bronze medal for Team GB :-) ... weather what weather ? i don't think I'm going to be around on here much while the Winter Olympics is on - I'm glued to the telly (not literally obviously so no need to rush round and free me)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Well done to Jenny Jones for her bronze medal!

It was really exciting watching the event - the commentary is hysterical!

The only thing that got my sons out of bed this morning - watching girls snowboarding!!

Neither of them heard the storm last night, but somehow managed to wake up in time to watch the ladies snowboarding!

I think I will be like MK watching the Winter Olympics with a cup of hot chocolate and pretending it's that snowy here. Can't wait for the other snowboarding events and skiing.

It has clouded over here and is still very breezy. Temperature has risen to 10.2 so it's not cold this morning.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Somewhere under that lot is half of the UK. Paints a very sombre picture.

Posted Image

• Like 2