Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

Car camera

I've been using one of these http://mobius-actioncam.com/ in the last few days

They seem pretty good with a good clear picture.

Anyway I decided to look at my own driving as they show bad points on your own driving.

1) I don't drive as close as I think either that or I wasn't behind one of those people who speed varies by about 20 mph. I suspect what I'll see there is me constantly correcting the gap between the cars. I'll find out this weekend probably.

2) I seem to recognise hazards before other drivers so I'll slow down before they do which is good.

3) I tend to read junctions better than other drivers I guess that's related to the above.

Quiet a useful device and with today's crash for cash scams well worth having.

I got a roadhawk one last year and it's caught a few incidents, however it proved a bit unreliable and you were never sure if it was recording.At New Year I bought  a Drift Ghost HD which is in another league (but about twice as much to buy!) They are rather fun as well as being potentially useful.

One dumb women driver this morning. Pulls out infront of me I was expecting it so no real problem. Just shook my head so the numpty and  passenger is doing stupid gestures to me. Err it's your fault you pulled out.

When I have the trailer on my pickup they will just assume it's something slow and they absolutely must get out of side roads in front.Trouble is if I have cattle weighing two tons in it they don't appreciate it when these dipsticks force harsh braking from 50 mph.Then usually I'm down two gears as their asthmatic 1.1. Astra (still cold as they are driving a mile to the shop) attempts to accelerate to main road speed.

I have no problem with people pulling out in front of me if they use the gas pedal. Or if they make a genuine mistake go sorry.

Worst day I ever had the first incident was with a car on the A515 Bakewell road. Care coming from a side road slowing down all the way to the main road so clearly your expecting them to stop. Nope they just continue onto the road. Luckily there's a lay by where I can swing into the car coming from the other direction slows down seeing a potential nasty accident this allows the car that pulled out to go to the middle of the road which allows me to squeeze past on the left hand side. Wisely they don't go any where near me after that keeping well back.

Get back to Sheffield old bloke pulls out on me almost a point blank range emergency stop sound the horn and he stamps his breaks on because I'm too close.  How I avoided him I don't know. The next major roundabout he fails to stop almost causing a multiple pile up while he goes on totally oblivious.