South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 05/02/14 16z -------------->

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problems here just rain.. Not really windy just the odd gust. Compared to the other night this is nothing.. Have not had a chance to look yet, but is this the low they have been going on about? Or are the higher winds coming in later?

kaz x

Height of the winds will be tomorrow, roughly midday.. this is just the entree, as the say. The low is barely upon us, yet.

Thanks for reply, yeah while I waited I had a look, like you say its just coming into Ireland at the moment, pressure still dropping, going to be a rough 24 hours. looks like the rain in my area has just about moved through. Waiting for the showers that are to follow. 

kaz x

I know a lot of people are now just longing for dry and warmth, I saw this tweet from Ian, which is rather teasing!

@fergieweather: "@SoniaEllett: do you think we'll get any snow this year in the South West?" We are considering *possible* colder conditions later in Feb.

Well Madam Storm 8 Feb has turned up here in Newbury. Strong gusts and rain and she has woken me up.. So too next doors car alarm. Doesn't seem as yet as strong as warned but early hours yet I suppose. Stay safe peeps though please and heed all warnings. I still am not going to change my weekend plans and start being adventurous. :)

• Like 1

For the third time this year, woken by one flash of lighning and an overhead crack of thunder at 07.25.  Now having a hail storm, squally winds and black as the ace of spades out there.

• Like 2
although knocker there are only 2 severe warnings across the whole of the uk. When you've lived near a river it is the severe which is a real worry and credit to the EA and all authorities they have really managed those flood warning levels. The majority are alert which don't always escalate. Unfortunately surface water flooding is very prevalent as we know and there is no way to map that. Run off and saturated ground means very little place for it to go.... :(

Wind and rain Didn't seem as bad as I expected last night and has been fairly quiet since I got up about 7.30am but the wind has just really picked up, sky darkened considerably and rain started again.

Was there much rain last night in Somerset? I left there late afternoon and it was still fine. Bright and sunny here in Northants this morning.

Edited by Rammie

Was there much rain last night in Somerset? I left there late afternoon and it was still fine. Bright and sunny here in Northants this morning.

I don't have a weather station, but it did rain for a good few hours... Around 6-11.30? Either way, it was more than enough!!